PDA

View Full Version : stiffed on a deal...anyone know how to....

joesbaby
04-30-2003, 02:44 PM
find out who cashed a money order. i have the recipt..and i looked up the address on bigfoot..and its not what they said it was. there is no one there at that name. ok it was only 35 but it was a huge amount to me. can anyone help me figure out a way to get my cash back..or at least make this persons life a bit harder...maybe get someone else invoveld..police dept..states atty..something.?
thanks
ericka

FrEEbiZ4Me
04-30-2003, 03:09 PM
was it a trade with someone on bbs?

joesbaby
04-30-2003, 03:18 PM
they had just started on here..i was new too..im still new but i dont wnat to stiff anyone.they didnt hve very many posts. and i thought i checked them all out..the email check came back at bigfoot then..now no..and they dont awnser my emails. but yes..they had just started on here.

Barbi_Route66
04-30-2003, 03:27 PM
Ericka,

Try going back to the place where you purchased the money order & explain to them what happened. They may be able to obtain a copy of the money order in which you can file a complaint to the bank or company that guarantees the money order, stating that you believe the money order was altered.

I don't know the law but the person who did this could probably be charged with forgery, theft and Lord knows what else.

It ticks me off when a ruthless person does something like this. If I were to steal money (which I wouldn't), it would be far more than $35.

Keep us posted on this.

MsLynn
04-30-2003, 10:20 PM
ok, go to the store and fill out a form and they should be able to trace the money order (some stores charge for this too,usually around $5.00 - no don't that suck) AND THEN. like someone else advised, call the police in the town you sent the money order to and file a mail fraud report. you might also check with the Postal Inspector.

hope this helps. I know its not really anything the others haven't told you, but you know I just had to put my 2 cents in .

renrut*
05-01-2003, 05:09 AM
this happend to me kinda. i had a money order that was blank and someone stole it and cashed it. i contacted the money order place and they sent me a copy of it. i then took it to the local polica and they got it for theft. im sure u can do the same thing

xsweetestx
05-01-2003, 10:37 AM
What state did this happen in????/ My brother is bigfoot on yahoo and I know he wouldnt do this....Good luck

joesbaby
05-01-2003, 12:56 PM
no..i didnt mean that his call name was bigfoot..
just that i looked them up on bigfoot.com..its a search site..it wasnt how i ment it to sound i guess. im sorry for making it sound like that..it was someone on here by a diffrent name should i post it..in here..

sensualsage
05-01-2003, 02:02 PM
Definitely leave feedback on this person to warn others. And like others said trace the money order, it may cost $5 but at least you can get the other $30 back. Good luck.

harlow
05-01-2003, 02:35 PM
I wonder if this person posts on other boards - they have not posted here since:
04-01-2003 04:05 PM

Can you give the info you used to mail your money order over to the police depart in her city?

Wishing you luck!