PDA

View Full Version : So mad I could just spit...

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 12:57 PM
My 26 yo dot is so self centered I want to scream. She wsn't always that way but in high school she changed.
OK here's the deal. On Monday her car's water hose went blooey. She called me said her hubby was on his way but she wanted me to come wait with her. No big deal except her hubby would get there before I could and I was getting lunch for hubby.
Last night her hubby rolled and totaled his car. His buddies called her and she was mad because they woke her up!!! Didn't even go to the accident scene to check on him!!! He wasn't hurt. But if it was me I would have been there in a heart beat. Because she was tired and didn't want to be disturbed she made him sleep on the couch. This is a man who will bnd over backwards for her. He was so upset about the accident he came to my work put his head down and cried. Permission to slap her upset the head??

DBackFan
04-30-2003, 01:09 PM
you got it from me!

schsa
04-30-2003, 01:26 PM
There's more going on here than meets the eye. If it were a loved one of mine and they were in an accident I would have been out of bed so fast that my PJ's would have been on fire.

Something is wrong with a person who is that selfish and self centered. Very wrong.

miccit
04-30-2003, 01:48 PM
You want me to come down and hold her while you smack her?

I have a sister like that and I just want to whack her a good one.

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by miccit
You want me to come down and hold her while you smack her?

I have a sister like that and I just want to whack her a good one. That might work as she's taller than me LOL

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 02:00 PM
She just called. In order to get sympathy at work she had a fellow worker to take her to the accident scene on her lunch break. Said "the pole doesn't even look damaged" WTH what about her hubby? I was so mad I hung up on her.

LitWtch
04-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by unicorn9149
Permission to slap her upset the head??

:eek: I'd be doing more than THAT!

miccit
04-30-2003, 03:46 PM
That might work as she's taller than me LOL

Let me know the time and place. She is probably taller than I am too, but I think we can handle her!:)

All joking aside, I am sorry she is being like this. I know it must hurt you as well as make you angry to know that our dot is acting like this. (((((((((((((unicorn9149))))))))))))))))))))

But, the offer still stands for help!:D

hotwheelstx
04-30-2003, 04:45 PM
unicorn9149,

Hate to admit but I've been called self centered. THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT WOULD KEEP ME FROM MY FAMILY..........I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS/WAS.

My momma had a heart attack 5 years ago I darted out of my office. Like a BAT OUT OF HELL when I received the phone call from Scooby. Didn't bother to tell anyone what happened. Got on the road then, called my boss and told him.

To be asleep................As if you can't go back to bed???? PLEASE!!!!!

I may be small, sitting but I can stand up to anyone. Rolling over toes is a great way to get attention. Causes pain but, you won't die from it. I'll be right over.........................I would be fuming if I were you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PERMISSION GRANTED AND I'LL HELP YOU..............:( :( :( :(

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 08:05 PM
I'm still fuming. This is the gal whose infant son was having an asthma attack. I rushed them to the hospital in the middle of the night. I ended up giving him the treatment while she climbed on the examine table and went to sleep. "Didn't want to be too tired for school." I stayed home from work the next day to care for the baby.

momfromTN
04-30-2003, 08:15 PM
I would have slapped her sorry butt OFF that exam table and told her to grow the heck up and care for her child like a MOTHER. For goodness sake, do not allow her to do these things anymore. YOU had to take off work to care for the baby? You are a great grandma, but she is a poor excuse for a mother. Her DH needs to tell her that she either shapes up or ships out, and HE WILL file for custody. She has no business being married or being a mother if she is still living like she is single. Shame on her!:mad:

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Her DH is her son's stepfather. She was an unwed mother and lived with us for the first 3 1/2 yrs of her son's life. Even tho he is a great father he would never get custody (long story) Grandson's sperm donor isn't in the picture

jcw
04-30-2003, 08:44 PM
{{{{{{{unicorn}}}}}}}}} go ahead and pop her. j/k

jadegentle
04-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Pop her one for me too!! I don't understand people like that.

Iluvbears
04-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Wow! Your daughter needs a reality check big time.

lynde
04-30-2003, 09:12 PM
She sounds like a mental case-seriously something wrong w/her~sick,sick,sick!

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 09:18 PM
The thing is she wasn't always this way. She used to be very considerate and loving. This past year she has had 2 miscarriages and it's seemed to have "hardend" her

miccit
04-30-2003, 09:28 PM
The thing is she wasn't always this way. She used to be very considerate and loving. This past year she has had 2 miscarriages and it's seemed to have "hardend" her

Has she seen a doctor? I would suggest it to her if she hasn't. It seems that she is having some problems and needs some help.

(((((unicorn9149))))))

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 09:34 PM
She hasn't even been to a Dr. for a gyn check. Now that she has insurance. Says she is afraid they will say she won't b able to have any more kids.

momfromTN
04-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Her DH is her son's stepfather. She was an unwed mother and lived with us for the first 3 1/2 yrs of her son's life. Even tho he is a great father he would never get custody (long story) Grandson's sperm donor isn't in the picture

Thats too bad, especially since he seems to be doing a great job. But, I would still kick HER butt. I am sorry to sound rude, but she should be thankful she has a DH like that and a mom like you, and she needs a good dose of reality. She keeps treating her DH like that, and she WILL lose him. All her own fault too. Then her son will not have a dad at all.:(

unicorn9149
04-30-2003, 10:04 PM
That's exactly what I told her.

momfromTN
04-30-2003, 10:05 PM
She hasn't even been to a Dr. for a gyn check. Now that she has insurance. Says she is afraid they will say she won't b able to have any more kids.

I understand being afraid, but she may have something going on that is more serious. BTW, since she cannot seem to muster up mothering the child she already has, perhaps not having more kids is a blessing in disguise.

I feel for you. You seem like a great mom and grandma. Maybe one day she will appreciate you.;)

TrueSthrnBelle
05-01-2003, 12:51 AM
(((((unicorn9149))))) I wouldve pulled her off that exam table by her eyelashes :eek:.

DreamWarrior
05-01-2003, 04:41 AM
And you havent given her a swift kick in the hindquarters yet??????

morris2b
05-01-2003, 05:00 AM
((((((((unicorn9149)))))))))))))

Permission granted!!! Sounds like she is going through some depression, she may need some meds to help her get through this

hotwheelstx
05-01-2003, 05:13 AM
I would seriouly consider DRAGGING HER KICKING AND SCREAMING TO A DR. There could be a serious internal chemical imbalance going on, that no one is aware of.

I had a friend that did the same thing. (years ago). Husband finally took her to the dr. Turned out she was going thru SEVERE PSYCHOSIS...............

psychosis-A severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning.

I would seriously think about talking to her husband or you taking her on your own.

You are her mother and even though she's an adult she's sick and can't seem to reach reality.

Especially after 2 miscarriages. I think you should make the appt. and just show up..............JMO:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Kelsey1224
05-01-2003, 07:38 AM
Oh Vicki...wasn't on-line yesterday so I didn't read this until today. I'm sorry your daughter is acting like this. Maybe you need to sit her down and explain to her that her behavior is unacceptable and selfish. Her hubby does sound like a jewel.

Hotwheelz may be right...she may need therapy. Although the miscarriages are tragic, I think it would be more tragic for a child to be brought into this world and have a mother unable to care for him/her properly.

You know you are in my thoughts and prayers! (7 more days???)

unicorn9149
05-01-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Kelsey1224
Oh Vicki...wasn't on-line yesterday so I didn't read this until today. I'm sorry your daughter is acting like this. Maybe you need to sit her down and explain to her that her behavior is unacceptable and selfish. Her hubby does sound like a jewel.

Hotwheelz may be right...she may need therapy. Although the miscarriages are tragic, I think it would be more tragic for a child to be brought into this world and have a mother unable to care for him/her properly.

You know you are in my thoughts and prayers! (7 more days???) 6 more days!!!!!

Talked with SIL. He told his friend who called her to tell her not to come. She tends to fall apart and he didn't think he could deal with that at the time.

Kelsey1224
05-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Well...at least you know she wasn't putting her sleep over him. Although...I'm not sure that someone telling me to stay away would have kept me away. But it was probably best that she didn't go.