PDA

View Full Version : Hubbys!!!!!!!

mlathroum
04-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Last year I quit my full time medical assistant job to stay home and take care of my kids. My 8 year old had a continueing problem with a care provider I didn't feel I could trust anymore.
After I quit I recieved a job offer to work from home 3 hours a day doing practically the same thing I did for the Dr's office. I also work 3 hours 2 times a week working for the Dr's office I just left full time. I am the Den mother for Hubbys den, the fundraising coordinator for our scout pack of 50 boys, I am now the newletter person also, I volunteer 3 times a month at both boys schools too. I love it!! Love being busy.
Here is my vent!! My Hubby is a law enforcement park ranger with our state. He works every weekend and swing shifts. We will be married for 10 years this year. So his shifts are something I am used to. He used to be very good about giving me a break when I needed one. Which would be about once a month for a couple of hours BUT since the beginning of the year I haven't gotten it. He is on evening shift this week. He doesn't leave for work until 2pm and won't be home until Midnight with travel time and such. If he makes an arrest he won't be home until early AM.
I told him I had to work this morning at home and type my time sheet for my boss. I asked him to help out with our little one. Our almost 5 year old is home today since he only goes to preschool 3 days a week. Brian wanted to go outside with Daddy while he did some yard work. Hubby refused!! It isn't like he was moving the lawn or anything. He was getting things ready to take them to a recycle center. We have a 1/3 of an acre with a HUGE playcenter on it. The kids is good and doesn't get in your way. He is now leaving to run a few errands. Brian asked to go with him and he said NO.
I blew my stack!!! I am pissed!!!
I let him have it too!! He knew I had to work. He won't be home to help with the dinner time chores, the homework for the 8 year old, baths, or getting lunches and clothes together for tomorrow. I have all the laundry to do today, about 5 loads, because we are going camping Friday through Sunday and I have to pack for me and the kids tomorrow. I don't pack his things. At 35 he is capable of doing his own.
He used to handle things in the AM before he left for work but now doesn't want to anymore. I told him if he doesn't start giving me a break again I am going to leave the complete house work to him. Just because I work from home doesn't mean I am sitting on my @ss. I work and do everything we need. I do need a break once in awhile. He loaded the dishwasher this morning and you would think he parted the Red Sea!!! Give me a break!!!!

babydoll_jen
04-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Just like a man. Better watch out, you'll be hearing for the next three months that he loaded the dishwasher. LOL.
Mine does the same thing. They do one thing for you and they act like they just moved the moon and stars for you.

cpbaby
04-30-2003, 07:06 AM
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

For some reason men start taking us for granted after awhile. Not that we dont them either, but we sure seem to appreciate what they do more than they appreciate what we do.

mrs.john
04-30-2003, 08:28 AM
My dh took a voluntary layoff for a month to work on things and do a fence job. One fence job led to another, the month off is almost over, and not a d@mn thing has been done around MY house. I understand he took these jobs on for extra money for some things we wanted/needed around here (well, now it has to go for my ss's court costs, fines, and counseling so we can't get those things now anyway), but then he comes home and gripes about how nothing is getting done around here. WTH?

And believe me, I have gone above and beyond wifely duties lately. Just b/c I don't work full time anymore doesn't mean I'm here sitting on my butt eating bonbons while I watch the soaps. Sheesh.

mlathroum
04-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Just b/c I don't work full time anymore doesn't mean I'm here sitting on my butt eating bonbons while I watch the soaps.

THANK YOU!! That is how I feel. Yes the TV is on once in awhile WHILE I work. The computer is in the family room but d@mn I am not just doing nothing.
I have an excoworker I am still friends with. When she calls me about something she always tells me kindinly I do nothing but file my nails, eat bonbons and catch up on my soaps. Well Costco has this really nice nail kit with polish and all for $17. I bought it for me since I never do anything nice. She called one day last week while I had an hour to myself and laughed saying "See I knew that is all you do" HEHE. She thought she was cute. I very rarely get to do my nails and with 2 boys they get chipped so easily it sometimes isn't worth it. But now I can do them when I want.

momfromTN
04-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Your friend is jealous mlathroum. Simple jealousy.

I say LETS GO ON STRIKE!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~!!!!
Teach those buttheads a lesson!!!

mlathroum
04-30-2003, 12:52 PM
YEAHHHHHHHH STRIKE!!!!!!!!

I am all for it. Hubby can pack everything up and do the shopping for this weekends camping trip. I will sit back, eat bonbons and do my nails.