PDA

View Full Version : owww! anybody know what this is??

Mini
04-29-2003, 01:49 PM
ok my wrist(err well around that area) has been hurting since last thursday(the 24th to be exact) and at first i noticed it hurted when i brushed my hair..well of course i didn't think anything of it..i thought i prolly bruised the bone or something(something clumsy me is known for) but it still hurts and it only hurts when i do certain stuff like typing, it doesn't hurt a bit but you know if you let your hand "droop" so to say and when i bend my hand back etc. and just recently noticed a knot to the left of the bone(left wrist first bone on thumb side) and a little above, almost on top of wrist..do you guys think i mighta pulled something? :confused:

DreamWarrior
04-29-2003, 02:05 PM
Hmmm.... if I were you I would call your doc and see what he/she says.

BTW... I LOVE your signature....especially this part:

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing (and then they marry him)

schsa
04-29-2003, 02:07 PM
Or it could be a ganglion cyst. Just a little bump, you say? Well we could try slamming it with a phone book to see if it break but it would be easier for you to just go to the doctor and have them look at it. A cyst can be easily drained and it will go away.

Danny
04-29-2003, 02:32 PM
If you type a lot or do repetitive motion involving yout hands and wrists - check with your doctor for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

ajksmom
04-29-2003, 03:33 PM
If you type a lot or do repetitive motion involving yout hands and wrists - check with your doctor for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

This is what I was gonna suggest also. I have it from 6 years in a sewing factory, and typing on the computer don't help it much either. Mine always hurt around my wrist and up my pinky finger the most.

FireFox1973
04-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Yup, does sound like carpal tunnel, which is painful but treatable. Check it out with the doc!

mewoman
04-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I know exactly what she's talking about, cuz I had it around the same age as she is now. I never did find out what it was, but it went away on its own. I also don't remember how long it took. It wasn't carpal tunnel. I'm pretty sure it was a cyst, cuz it was soft, but still somewhat painful.
Anyway, if you're worried, go see your doc.

Edited to add..it wasn't diagnosed as carpal tunnel(it was 20 yrs ago...lol) I don't think it was carpal tunnel, cuz it did go away on its own and carpal tunnel does not go away without treatment.

Mini
04-29-2003, 06:04 PM
dream..it's sooo the truth;)

and i don't think it's ct either..i don't type THAT much..and mewoman..it does hurt LOL i'm a big chicken:o

renrut*
04-29-2003, 07:13 PM
its a cyst i ahve one now. i can tell u what they will do if u go to the doc but then i can guarentee u wont go, i went one time and it came back and now i deal witth he pain. the only other option they said is that again or surgery. no thanks to any of the options-lol