PDA

View Full Version : as if i dont have enough things on my mind

Ghetto_Gurl
04-29-2003, 09:00 AM
i just got an email from my sister saying that my dad stayed at her house last night cuz his electric got cut off. ok some background on this. he hasnt had a job since Feb of 02 when the ames warehouse he worked at closed due to ames bankruptcy. he hasnt had gas in his house since about then too, he is current on that bill but his house is really old and he needs to get the chimney and vents cleaned before the gas co will turn it back on(they are scared of him getting CO poisoning). i dont know how hard he has been looking for a job as he is in Ohio and im in PA. he had a job with a temp agency back in Feb of this year that lasted a whole 2 weeks before they layed off all the temps there. My aunt and uncle(his bro and sis) are RICH yet they wont help him, he called my uncle and he sadi no i called my aunt and she said no. I just paid to have his breaks and rotors on his car done because they were REALLY bad and hardly worked(plus he NEEDS to find a dam job), im surprised he didnt crash his car that is how bad they were. well actually my sister paid for them but i have to pay her back for that next month(she did it with money she was saving for her kids but since i told her i could pay her back in May she paid for the parts). Now im stuck between a rock and a hard place. I feel bad for my dad i really do but fark what the hell am i supposed to do? i have bills of my own and owe a good amount on some of them. Now this happens. I feel bad that my sister has to deal with this chit(my dad isnt her dad but he always treated her like she was his own), she has alot going on in her life with her kids fathers mother being ill and a bunch of other chit. anyone wanna help me rob a bank?????(that was a joke). is the farking universe out to get me or something? i dont know wtf to do and im looking for any ideas here! my dad tried to get state assistance but in Ohio they wont give it to him cuz he is a single guy with no kids living at home:rolleyes: which i think is BULL CHIT, but that is Ohio for ya. unemployment ran out back in Jan i think so he has NO INCOME at all right now. HELP!!!!!!

spongebob
04-29-2003, 09:20 AM
call around to see if any churches would help him.. does he have any thing that he might be able to sale.. maybe have a garage sale.. i wish i knew where he can go for help.. but i don't.. good luck on this...

kelblend
04-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Umm gg I would NOT worry about it. I don't know which part of OH hes in, but there are jobs around here. Maybe there isn't where he is, I don't know. Is there anything wrong with him?? If not, perhaps that's why he isn't getting assistance?? Ok helping to make his car work was nice, considering if he doesn't have job he needs it to find one. I seriously hope he isn't guilting you.

mrs.john
04-29-2003, 10:19 AM
In my area, jobs are scarce. A lot of places have closed down. Would he consider moving to a different area? Or going back to school?

Ghetto_Gurl
04-29-2003, 10:47 AM
he is southeastern ohio near saint clairsville and cambridge(35 miles from cambridge i think) he has an associates in business management and is 50 so i dont think he would want to go back to school, and even if he did he doesnt have the $ for it. i just feel so bad for him. when he was working he would lend his friends money and now that he really needs it back they claim they dont have it :rolleyes: he has been looking for work near me in pittsburgh and in columbus OH(which is where his ames job was) but no luck. im at the point where im just about to say fark it all and pack up me and aj and run away.

MommyG3
04-29-2003, 10:48 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{GG & DAD}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Tasha405
04-29-2003, 10:49 AM
{{{GG & Dad}}}

iowakat
04-29-2003, 11:37 AM
I think your dad may need to rethink his idea of a job. It's possible he won't find any jobs doing what he's trained for or what he's done in the past. That doesn't mean there aren't jobs out there. My gosh, a 50 yo able-bodied man should be able to find work. Even a minimum wage job that doesn't pay all the bills is better than totally living off your sister. JMO

kelblend
04-29-2003, 12:02 PM
GG, I do hope he finds something. ((GG))

jaybird
04-29-2003, 12:07 PM
...you could use a hug and a rousing verse of...

you put de lime in de coconut, drink dem bot togedder, put de lime in de coconut, den you feel bedder.

Of course, a healthy splash of rum helps! :D

Hope things get better for your dad real soon.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-29-2003, 12:45 PM
just got off the phone with my sister, she doesnt want to pay this bill and quite frankly neither do i. if we keep bailing his a$$ out what will happen? ANOTHER DAM BILL will come along and he will think we will bail him out again. my sister told me something disturbing when i talked to her. she said something abuot before we got my dads breaks fixed that he wished that his car would just crash into a wall or something like that :eek: . i dont have it in me to deal with all this crap, i have my own life and my sister has one too. i dont want him to lose his house or anything but hell there is only so much i can do for him short of finding him a job myself, and that wouldnt guarentee he would even take that dam thing anyhoo. i dont want it to come to where he feels he needs to move in with me(i love my dad and all but OMG he is really really really annoying, chews like a cow breathes REALLY loud...i would KILL HIM). i could get a 2nd job while aj is in NJ with his grandparents to help my father, but why should i kill myself working 2 jobs while he sits at home on his duff? thing that really makes me mad is a few weekends ago he went on a bowling trip(tourney) why the f*ck he didnt use that money for the electric is beyond me. :mad: this is so frustrating! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

scifiwoman
04-29-2003, 01:03 PM
{{{{GG}}}} Sorry you are having this problem. I dont blame you for being fed up. He is an able bodied, grown man and should be able to find some work even if its not in his field. You are right as long as you keep bailing him out he will keep coming to you and not try to do anything on his own. I know its hard when its a family member, been there. I would just tell him he has to start doing things for himself you have your own family to think of and dont have the extra money. You said he has family that has money. Let him go show up on their doorstep. See if they say no then. Good luck. Hope it all works out for you.

Ashlee
04-29-2003, 10:57 PM
((GG)) Hope things work out some way!!!

mesue
04-30-2003, 12:59 AM
Though you sound angry at your Dad in the post I don't think you are angry at him just this situation that he has found himself in due to the plant closing and you are already pushed to the limit by life and wishing you could help more anyway thats what I'm getting from the post. Your father sounds like a good guy who has always worked and now can't find a job due to the economy is bad right now and probably his age though it is against the law for companies to discriminate they do and they never have to call you up and say why they chose someone else for the job. Being 50 is old to some companies and they don't see the value in the older employee. I think it is really sad that your rich uncle and aunt won't help, karma will come knocking on their door. Some electric companies have a neighbor to neighbor plan where electricity bills are paid from donations, perhaps he can check on that. It sounds like your father is depressed and crying out for help when he said this to your sister. Looking for work for a long period of time and not getting hired is not easy, its very depressing. Perhaps there is free counseling in his area, the local crisis center in his area would know. I hope things get better for you and your Dad and sister and he finds a job soon.

morris2b
04-30-2003, 04:15 AM
(((((((Ghetto_Gurl)))))))

He should check at the local churches for help and the Salvation Army and also maybe you can get him some help from www.modestneeds.org He is also going to have to pull his share of helping himself as no one person can do things for another if the other is not willing to help themself.....

I did not know you were in Pa I am also in Pa (Fayette County here)

Ghetto_Gurl
04-30-2003, 08:37 AM
i so forgot about modest needs!!!!! thanks for reminding me. thanks everyone for the support!

Ghetto_Gurl
04-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Fireball
It looks like he won't try as long as y'all are picking up his slack. Sounds like he may need some tough love.

that couldl just very well be what i have to do..NOTHING. i was talking to my mom last night and she told me that my dads side of the family has alot of mental illness running through it(thanks mom for letting that be my DNA donor) and my aunt and i are the only ones who werent/arent/need to be on any type of drugs to help with that :eek: . i feel badly because he is my father but he just needs to get a fricken grip and realize i can not always be there to bail him out. its been well over a year since he has had a job...go to mc donalds already dam! i dont know what he is going to do when larry is done with his training and we get stationed somewhere, i will be damed if he thinks he is comming with us! i know im rambling but i have all this chit jumbled in my head and this just helps ya know. thanks for listening to me!

Ghetto_Gurl
04-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by mesue
Though you sound angry at your Dad in the post I don't think you are angry at him just this situation that he has found himself in due to the plant closing and you are already pushed to the limit by life and wishing you could help more anyway thats what I'm getting from the post. Your father sounds like a good guy who has always worked and now can't find a job due to the economy is bad right now and probably his age though it is against the law for companies to discriminate they do and they never have to call you up and say why they chose someone else for the job. Being 50 is old to some companies and they don't see the value in the older employee. I think it is really sad that your rich uncle and aunt won't help, karma will come knocking on their door. Some electric companies have a neighbor to neighbor plan where electricity bills are paid from donations, perhaps he can check on that. It sounds like your father is depressed and crying out for help when he said this to your sister. Looking for work for a long period of time and not getting hired is not easy, its very depressing. Perhaps there is free counseling in his area, the local crisis center in his area would know. I hope things get better for you and your Dad and sister and he finds a job soon.

my dad has had problems all his life keeping jobs, the job he had at ames was the longest he ever held one job, dam isnt that sad. i am mad at him for letting all this occur, he was too dam worried about that bowling tourney to pay his electric bill, and he always made sure that his cable was paid :rolleyes: alot of good that cable is doing him now eh? this is the reason my mother left him, he doesnt have his priorities straight, and altough i feel terrible about the situation he is in, he did it to himself.

1busymomma
04-30-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by iowakat
I think your dad may need to rethink his idea of a job. It's possible he won't find any jobs doing what he's trained for or what he's done in the past. That doesn't mean there aren't jobs out there. My gosh, a 50 yo able-bodied man should be able to find work. Even a minimum wage job that doesn't pay all the bills is better than totally living off your sister. JMO

I agree with this, because my ex was very much the same way and stayed unemployed for a very long time because of it. Talk about stress with a 1 year old and a newborn!!! Until your dad convinces himeself that even McDonalds is o.k. while looking for something better.....well, men are very stubborn. My ex turned his nose up at EVERYTHING. We did without for over a year because of his stubborn attitude that he would land the big one anyday. I honestly never knew from meal to meal if we would have food to eat.

I know you are worried, but this is more his problem than yours....I'm not trying to slam on your dad, but everywhere I have gone at least fast food places are hiring.

((((((((((((((gg))))))))))))))))))