PDA

View Full Version : DH vent~ AGAIN!!!

momfromTN
04-29-2003, 06:12 AM
I am not a happy camper. I just started a customer service job from home. I talked to DH and asked him if he would start doing the dinner dishes and pick up the living room at night while I am working. He refuses. He comes home from work, eats and leaves crap everywhere, and then flops on the couch to watch TV. Granted, he works in a body shop all day and is tired. I do everything in the home. I homeschool our 5 yr old, do the housework, laudry, etc. I pay all the bills and deal with the bank and checkbook. I deal with anything to do with our kids, like doc visits, school conferences for the 4 yr old, who is in special ed. Basically, you name it, I do it. And I am always doing something. I do not feel it is asking too much for DH to do the dishes and pick up the living room. I am the one who vacumns and mops floors, so it isn't like I am asking him to do the whole house and I sit on my butt. I am thinking of going on strike as far as he is concerned. I will do mine and the kid's laundry, etc, but not his. I could feed the kids early and make him fend for himself for dinner. I am not livid, just annoyed that he cannot take an hour out of the evening to help me. It is HIS house too. Any thoughts, girls?:(

hotwheelstx
04-29-2003, 06:41 AM
momfromTN,

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Right after the holidays Aggie and I got into "it" about the house. I wanted a maid and he didn't.

WELL, GUESS WHAT???? I DID GO ON STRIKE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No dishes, meals, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, cooking, baking, picking up his stuff, changing linens, taking out the trash, dusting.............I'M TELLING YOU NOTHING WAS DONE IN MY HOUSE FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS.

Finally after living this way I hired a maid. Not another word has been said to me.

I know this might not be a feasible idea for your situation. I can PROMISE YOU (or at least in our case) it did get attention. I've NEVER heard another word. He pays for her to come help me.

Good luck. I hope I don't ever have to resort to those kind of drastic measures again.

It was ALL WORTH IT, THOUGH.

GOOD LUCK ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

rain_cries
04-29-2003, 06:55 AM
I think our husbands are brothers! No, it is not too much to ask! Granted, he does put in his 8 hours, BUT our day as wives and mothers don't end after 8 hours AND we don't get lunch / potty breaks. After dinner, we don't get to sit - we clean up! We stay awake through the night with sick children and still have to put in a full day the next day with little or no sleep....No, I don't think an hour of his time is going to kill him. Good Luck!

mrs.john
04-29-2003, 10:27 AM
My dh does stuff like that while I'm at school. The only complaint I have, is when he does "extras" like bleaching the sinks and countertops, scrubbing the tub, things like that and than wants me to fall all over him or makes me feel guilty for letting it go.

Are your kids old enough to pick up the living room at night? And I guess your dh better learn to like paper plates, plasticware, and styrofoam cups.

momfromTN
04-29-2003, 11:20 AM
The boys are 4 and 5, and they can pick up, but still need guidance to do so. I just do not think it is too much to ask for an hour of his time. I was sick last weekend, and do you think he could do anything to help? HECK NO!!! I told him I will remember the next time he is sick. I plan to take the car and leave for a few hours and leave him with the kids.

Going on strike totally wouldn't work. But, going on strike with reference to his things, sounds like an idea. Tee hee hee.

momfromTN
04-29-2003, 11:22 AM
And asking him to help the kids with showers (we don't have a tub, but soon to be rectified) and teeth brushing, and you would think I asked him to walk 5 miles to the store buck naked for a pint of Ben and Jerry's!!!

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-29-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by momfromTN
And asking him to help the kids with showers (we don't have a tub, but soon to be rectified) and teeth brushing, and you would think I asked him to walk 5 miles to the store buck naked for a pint of Ben and Jerry's!!!

NOW that's a visual! LMAO :p :eek: :D

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-29-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
LMBO "Don't look Ethel!!!!!!!!!" But it was too late. She done had a free shot!!! ;)

ROFLMBO!!! Now that was funny! ;)

MommyG3
04-29-2003, 11:37 AM
MFT, yeah, I can TOTALLY RELATE.

you know, I had that minor surgery Friday, well, I wasn't suppose to lift over 5 pounds until yesterday. Hmmm, DH feel asleep Saturday and Joey was not ABOUT to take a nap. I had to clean house and watch her. Which meant I had to pick her up.

Well, Sat. night, after I had cleaned the kitchen and laundry room, I wanted to visit a friend. DH has been fussing about how the house is still in a mess ever since. Watch this weekend. I will clean from 7 a.m. until noon or a little after, he will come up with an idea to visit someone around 2 or later. We will get home around 7 or 8 and he will sit on his rear.

GRRRR NOW I REMEMBER WHY I SAID I HATE MEN!!!

lynde
04-29-2003, 09:06 PM
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go on strike-your story really makes me sick-my fil is the same way and i give him rations of sh*t all the time cuz my mil won't. I don't know how you put up w/it. I'd make a few large messes and let them sit there-im serious-how the hell does he think EVERYTHING gets done? I feel really bad for you, but only you can rectify the situation. I could come over and make him feel about a inch tall- I love to do it to my fil it actually gives me some sort of sick pleasure;)

morris2b
04-30-2003, 04:22 AM
I don't know what to say as I don't have that problem.....My DH builds houses every day and when he comes home from work he will help me make dinner and pick up anything that would happen to be laying around the house, and I sit home all day and do nothing, as my children are in school.....He even scrubs the kitchen floor ;) Hope you get things worked out......

rain_cries
04-30-2003, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by lynde
How the hell does he think EVERYTHING gets done?

Why the cleaning fairy! The laundry fairy! The bill fairy! The child care fairy (one of my personal favorites)! And my all time favorite - the my dh is a @ss and I am not going to boink him fairy!

http://members.aol.com/JacKitts1/CleaningFairy.jpg

momfromTN
04-30-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by rain_cries
Why the cleaning fairy! The laundry fairy! The bill fairy! The child care fairy (one of my personal favorites)! And my all time favorite - the my dh is a @ss and I am not going to boink him fairy!

http://members.aol.com/JacKitts1/CleaningFairy.jpg

LOL! ROFLMAO!!! I almost peed my pants laughing at that one!

mlathroum
04-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Did you read my thread?
I swear they sound like twins! My hubby is normally good about helping out with the cleaning, laundry and kid stuff. He just seems to being an @ss lately. As for help and yes you would think you asked them to do the run naked thing.

Rain Cries How do we get one of those fairies? Maybe we all need to put one of those on our doors before the Hubby's come home from work. Maybe they would get the hint!!

rain_cries
04-30-2003, 12:40 PM
http://members.aol.com/JacKitts1/CleanFair.htm

Instructions on making the on strike cleaning fairy....

mlathroum
04-30-2003, 12:47 PM
Thank You for the link. I will have to make one of those quickly!!

RainyStorm
05-01-2003, 02:46 PM
I think my signature line fits nicely on this thread ;)