PDA

View Full Version : Help! My sheets won't stay on my bed!

justinenycole26
04-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Has anyone ever used those elastic thingeys that you clip on your sheets to get them to stay in place? I have seen them in stores but I am not sure if they really work. Also, wouldn't the clip tear your sheets? I need to do SOMETHING. I can make my bed one day and the next day the bottom sheet is all over the place. It's driving me nuts!

unicorn9149
04-28-2003, 02:48 PM
I use those and they work fine. Used them for over 2 years now with no tearing of the sheet.

Jolie Rouge
04-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Help! My sheets won't stay on my bed!

*WHAT* ARE You doing ?????

LOL

Raven beat me to it -- I use them too and have never had any problems. Look at WalMarts in the linen department.

Memedav
04-28-2003, 02:50 PM
I haven't tried the elastic things, but I did pick up some little plastic things from our Dollar Tree. They kinda look like the tubing of a ink pen and you slide them over the "hem" part of the mattress and sheet. They work great for me. Good Luck, I know that's so annoying to wake up on the mattress...especially with a mattress cover!

rain_cries
04-28-2003, 03:34 PM
I am running out NOW to get them! This is one of my biggest peeves too! :)

justinenycole26
04-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Memedav
I haven't tried the elastic things, but I did pick up some little plastic things from our Dollar Tree. They kinda look like the tubing of a ink pen and you slide them over the "hem" part of the mattress and sheet. They work great for me. Good Luck, I know that's so annoying to wake up on the mattress...especially with a mattress cover!

I don't get it.... what exactly do these things do????? How do they hold the sheets on?

justinenycole26
04-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Jolie, well you start with a can of whipped cream and a car battery......LOL

tsquared
04-28-2003, 06:31 PM
wow floor is fun too....just watch out for the rugs........lmao....hammer and nails will keep sheets secure too

denisemm
04-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by tsquared
wow floor is fun too....just watch out for the rugs........lmao....hammer and nails will keep sheets secure too

but rugburn can be a b1tch.

twinkiesmom
04-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Yep. Dollar Store has those things. They work good.

gatorbugger
04-29-2003, 07:18 AM
I had the same problem. I got a mattress pad to fit a deep mattress that has a lot of elastic at the corners and haven't had a problem since. I tried those elastic thingys and they were too much work, lol.

brandywill
04-29-2003, 07:43 AM
That same thing was happening with me to...my bottom sheet kept coming off until one day I said forget it and slept on the couch for a while
lol

:cool:

Memedav
04-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by justinenycole26
I don't get it.... what exactly do these things do????? How do they hold the sheets on?

I'll try to explain a little better. They are hollow in the center like a ink pen, but they have a small opening that the mattress hem and sheet slide into. Think of this...a empty roll of toilet paper that is cut length wise. you just slide it over the sheet and the thicker part of the mattress. If you notice, your mattress has like a out turned hem all around it, so you just slide this little thing over that hem and the sheet and it fits really snug. Sorry I couldn't come up with a better description! Hope this helps! :p

MOMMYOF2BOYZ
04-29-2003, 08:30 AM
i buy sheets that says on package deep pocket they fit our bed
the regular sheets are too small for our mattress

justinenycole26
04-30-2003, 02:20 AM
Thanks memedav, I will look for those!

justinenycole26
04-30-2003, 08:59 AM
I went to Wal-Mart this morning and bought the elastic ones, they did not have the ones that memedav described. I put them on, lets hope they work!

BigLyd1
04-30-2003, 09:54 AM
This drives me nuts too. At least no one mentioned my stepson's solution. He won't put a mattress cover or sheets on his bed which drives me even more nuts. He's going to boot camp in June. Guess he'll get used to it then!

Sleeptight
08-19-2012, 09:55 AM
"Comfy-Snug" drawstring fitted sheets stay put better than any other sheet with no need for suspenders or clips. They are tight and smooth all the time and self adjust to the mattress thickness. There is nothing more comfortable than nice smooth sheets. It's like the first time getting in bed with new sheets. You just slide right in. Drawstring sheets give you that just made feeling night after night. Also the drawstring is tightened at the side of the mattress so there is no problem figuring out where the side is. www.drawstringsheet.com