PDA

View Full Version : What does your family members do that just drives you up the wall?!!?

Kyla Kym
04-28-2003, 01:07 PM
They always say to over look the small stuff, but that's the stuff that really annoys me the worse! *LOL*

*Hubby*
1. Leaves stuff in the center of the sink, right at the edge.

2. When I get ready to go to bed his head is on his side of the bed but both his feet are on my side.

3. He gets on my hair in the middle of the night and I wake up screaming because my head can't move.

4. Never ever shuts a drawer all the way. Leaves it open about a inch.

5. Walks outside in his socks on the porch and walks back in. That to me is one of the worse things that drive me crazy!

6. Leaves hair in the bathtub and sink.

7. When he is picking on me, he don't know when to stop then I end up screaming at him. meaning=>(grabs at my personal parts when I'm busy, and once or twice isn't enough...he has to keep on until I'm flaming mad)

8. Leaves the tank on E or close to it. I always try and leave it on full since we live so far out incase of emergencies.

9. Lets all his stupid buddies hang out in the shop on the weekends and they strow & move things around. I have to go straighten everything back up at night.

10. He won't turn the vent on when he takes a shower.

That's just a few that come to mind .......

*Son*
1. Mimics his father's bad behaviors.

2. back talks

3. Disrespects me unless his dad is here to make him act right.

4. Won't wear anything in style. I finally gave up trying. My son dresses like the redneck from h*ll :(

5. Still have to tell him to brush his teeth every night.

6. Thinks he has to have 2 showers a day.

7. A guy I graduated with has started hanging out at my dad's house allot and when my son comes back he is talking in that same irritating voice that I remember all to well from High School.

8. No matter what I say to him he has to argue, even if he knows I'm right or if he don't know what he is talking about he will argue anyway.

9. God forbid he should have to pick up something without being told too.

10. Keeps the phone tied up all evening.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with family members that drive you nutty?? :D

captorquewrench
04-28-2003, 01:23 PM
for some of them, simply *existing* is enough to drive me stark raving mad!

MommyG3
04-28-2003, 01:27 PM
DH
1. fusses at the kids for something, but turns around and does the same thing.
2. Never cleans up after himself.
3. does the picking thing as mentioned above
4. thinks he is an invalid cause he needs someone else to do things for him.
5. Fusses on Monday cause we didn't stay home on a Saturday night to clean, even though I did more than my share of cleaning on the house for 5 hours and he just sat in front of the tv.

Kyla Kym
04-28-2003, 01:28 PM
Raven, then just list your top 10 things like I did...LOL I'm curious to see if anyone's family members has even weirder habits than mine do. LOL :D

justinenycole26
04-28-2003, 01:51 PM
DBF:
Won't close his dresser drawers when he gets something out.

Listens in while I am on the phone and tries to have a conversation with the person I'm talking to thru me. If you want to talk to them, just ask and I will give you the damn phone!

Leaves the newspaper in a giant heap by his feet. Doesn't bother to even put it in a nice neat pile, just a big heap.

Leaves things half done. Prime example: he put together the girls' bunkbeds, got almost done and realized something was backwards, so he just left the front rails hanging there and the ladder off. A couple boards ended up getting broke, now they can't be put back together as bunkbeds, they have to be left separate.

Kids:
Pour a giant drink and take a sip and leave it.

Wake me up to tattle.

Ask the same thing 500 times. If I said no 3 minutes ago, it's a safe bet I am going to say no again.

Iluvbears
04-28-2003, 01:59 PM
I don't have a hubby, So i'll list other family members.

Sister, & two Brothers ~ They refuse to get a job. They live w/mom. They eat like it's going out of style. You should see them, it's like a race to see who can eat more. They are afraid one of the other will get more than the other. It's just pitiful. They drink, The only reason why they will work is to get beer & pot. These jobs consist of washing someone's car. (They are all in their late 20's one is 31)

Mom ~ she lets them walk all over her. She makes excuses why the three fools can't work. She b*tches all the time.

Son. He refuses to pick up his things. He whines about everything (since my father passed away) He doesn't listen & tells me he doesn't have to because his grandmother told him so.

I can list a million things about them, they drive me crazy. I'm surprised i'm not in a 4 x 4 padded room. Just think if I was married, someone else to add to my grips. lol

Princess4J
04-28-2003, 02:02 PM
BREATHE

jennls
04-28-2003, 02:31 PM
1. hubby will come in from working on the car and washes up and splatters the sink,mirror,vanity and wall with dirty water droplets.
2. hubby will leave soap all dirty after washing his greasy hands.
3.He will leave his dinner plate on the table instead of putting it in the sink when he is done.
4. He takes the last sip of whatever I'm drinking and not refill the glass.
5.He shaves and leaves behind his beard hairs in the sink.
6. He goes on line for hours at a time and complete ignores everyone and everything around him!
7. He leaves his dirty clothes on the floor by his side of the bed.

The kids
1. They don't clean up their toys.

newwiccan
04-28-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Princess4J
BREATHE

That's what I was going to say too.

LitWtch
04-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by captorquewrench
for some of them, simply *existing* is enough to drive me stark raving mad!

YEP! The mere thought of one of my brother's wives sets my hair straight up!

My all time biggest though, is when DH leaves the kitchen sponge dripping wet in the sink, or sets it up with out rinsing it out. Does he not realize the stench this causes?!?!?! :confused: :mad:

hotwheelstx
04-28-2003, 03:33 PM
1 Sci-Fi channel or CNN/MSNBC 24-7

2 Won't mow yard when it's high enough I can't see one of our 4 leggers in it.

3 SNORES SO LOUD that I have to get up out of bed and go sleep somewhere else.

4 Not walking 2 ft. to hang up his shirts/pants when I've washed, dryed, ironed them. They are hanging on the french doors to master bath.

5 NEVER will empty and ashtray EVER, EVER, EVER!!!!

6 Wears deodorant 2 x's a week and SWEARS that women like that "manly smell". I'm one of the ones that don't.

7 Will spend HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS, YEARS on the computer all for me to tell him dinner's ready and he bites my head off. It's a STUPID GAME.

8 Will NOT balance the checkbook and if I do it he gets upset.

9 Won't clean his shoes when he comes in from working outside in the yard. Tracks mud, pine needles, grass all over the floor. Then, says "I don't see anything".

10 Gets into political/religious "discussions" just to get them in an uproar.

11 Sayiny that I "sometimes" don't clean the house well enough. Well, then you DO IT. I can live w/that.

12 Learn that EVERYTHING is NOT expired and that you can still use it.

13 If I'm cooking something you might not like I'm NOT trying to kill you.

14 You have your room stay away/out of the rest of the house. I'm not into "Aggie Land" and "War items".

15 If there is something NEEDS to be done or we need to go somewhere please tell me before hand what your opinion is. Don't wait til we're in the car and start GRIPING that you didn't like the food, company, place, where we were seated, couldn't smoke, no parking spot. I'll go alone. I don't mind a bit.

16 If it's a day I have to work that's the day you decide to "piddle" before getting dressed, brushing your hair, shower, shaving. Therefore, we're late.

Never happens when you go to work alone.

I can go on and on if you want me to.......................:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sunseekr
04-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Husband - Can never EVER put toilet paper on the roll. He leaves it on the back of the toilet instead.
Wakes me up at night, because he cant sleep. And as soon as I wake up. He falls asleep. (UGH)
Always tells me that he's HUNGRY. And expects me to just jump up and start cooking for him. No matter what time it is ( 2am???)
I could go on and on about the kids...But that would make me want to scream.............HAHA.

Queensown
04-28-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Ravenlost

2. Ignores me when he's on the computer playing Everquest.

So you're an Everquest widow too! I swear my DH spends every waking hour he's not at work either playing Everquest or trying to talk to me about Everquest. =)

sunnydazed
04-29-2003, 08:32 AM
(((Ravenlost))) I feel for you. Especially with him playing Everquest. It is an addiction, see if you can get him to give it up! My hubby got me interested in playing it when it first came out. It took so much time away from other things. We promised each other we would never play it again. I have to admit after all these years, I still miss it.

coffelover
04-29-2003, 09:18 AM
My mother in law is staing with us FOR MORE THA A YEAR AlrEAdy,.,.,.,

babydoll_jen
04-29-2003, 09:25 AM
My S.O.

1. Stinky (and I mean STINKY) feet.
2. He will pick his teeth with anything around (straw, paper)
3. Leaves his spittoon laying around.
4. Brings all kinds of things home from work and clutters my house (he is a garbage man)
5. Hates to clean up after himself or our son.
6. Snores WAY too loud, and I have to hold his nose so he stops.
7. Thinks cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc... is a woman's job.
8. Always puts me and my needs last.
9. Blows his nose in the shower.
10.ALWAYS, leaves the car on E.

My son
1.Is starting to take after his dad. :eek:

And right now, my sis's dog is driving me crazy. I've had him for a month, and well my female lab came in heat, and he does nothing but whine and whine and howl. HE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Queensown
04-29-2003, 01:46 PM
I have another one about DH now. He decided it would be a smart idea to grab 3 bean burritos from Taco Bell after work last night. The really bad part? He get's off work at 12:30am. I wake up cuz of the little bitty earthquake this morning and he's FARTING in his sleep. EWWWWWWW!

What I want to know is WHY taco bell feels the need to be open til 1am to cause problems like this. :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Danny
04-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Back porch light left on all day
Food not covered properly in the fridge
Sticky computer keys that smell like strawberry

FireFox1973
04-29-2003, 04:09 PM
HubbY

1. Will leave garbage on the counter, as we all know it is much too difficult to walk the extra ten feet to the garbage can

2. Dishes must be overflowing to be done. I mean, I currently have a fractured foot, that should not stop me from doing dishes.

3. Has a glass of soda, the leaves the bottle on the table.

4. Will make bed only if I glare at him.

5. After taking a shower, does not close the shower curtain, The kids of course, follow suit! Don't ask me why this gets on my nerves, it just DOES!!

6. Hubby is the world's best chef, he cooks daily and is much better than me. However, my kitchen looks like a hurricane blew through after he is done, and he does not clean as he goes. I have never seen anyone capable of splattering sauce as far as him.

7. Uses his truck as a wate paper basket.

Kids:

1. Yugio- I can not bear the mear mention of the word.

2. Whining

3. Fighting over anything, Sometimes they fight cause the other one is breathing.

4. Closing doors is a forein concept.

5. When it is time to put toys away, noone ever played with them, so noone picks them up.

The Cat:

1. One thinks she pays the rent

2. One needs to use lysol after she uses the litterbox

3. The male of the house needs to know its my pillow, not his, and I don't like to debate this fact at 2 AM.

4. The fourth is nicknamed birth control, cause we can't get rid of her during those close moments!

I think I'm done with MY whining for now.....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sunee
04-29-2003, 09:33 PM
7. meaning=>(grabs at my personal parts when I'm busy, and once or twice isn't enough...he has to keep on until I'm flaming mad)

Mine used to do this until I turned the tables on him :D. When he was busy or just sitting there I would grope him every chance I got. He finally got the message and stopped :p

Hubby:

NEVER EVER shuts a drawer or cabinet. I hate walking into the kitchen or bedroom to find all the drawers and cabinets open.

Complains about the laundry if I didn't wash a paticular article of clothing that day, complains if he can't find a certain shirt/shorts or something might have wrinkles. So I fixed that this week. As of Sunday his laundry is totally up to HIM. I will not wash, dry, fold or iron his clothing :D. Seems to be working quite well :p.

When hubby cooks. He makes the biggest messes I have ever seen. After he got done frying catfish for our guests on Sunday I literally spent the entire afternoon cleaning up the mess. I had to clean splatters off the back splash behind the stove, counters, cabinet doors and had to mop the floor not once but TWICE :eek:. He's banned from the kitchen :p.

MIL:
Insists on doing my dishes and laundry when she comes to visit. When she unloads the dishwasher I can't find anything for days. She puts everything in the wrong drawers and cabinets. I swear she does this on purpose :p. I have begged her to let me do my own dishes and laundry. I hate it when she washes and folds my unmentionables :eek:. The only person I want to see those are my hubby ;).

My BIL did the same thing Sunday when we had a cookout at our home. He insisted on doing the dishes and for me to go relax. I can't relax when I can't find a fork or plate to eat my dinner with and I'm hungry :p.

SIL:
Just the sound of her voice makes my hair stand straight up. Just the mention of her name causes me to cringe :eek:

kelblend
04-29-2003, 09:43 PM
I'm afraid to start for fear I'll never stop!!! :0)

Ashlee
04-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Hubby(he's probably the one who should be complaining about me--lol)
But, I guess the main thing I really hate is when he leaves his socks in the living room.
Oh and how he will wear pants and two shirts in the spring or summer instead of wearin shorts so he ends up freezing me to death in his truck with the air conditioner.

MY MIL: OmG -how she butts into EVERYBODY"S life (xcept mine-we now live several hrs away!!!) ANyway, I just hate it when one day she is talking terrible about someone in the family and tomorrow they are a saint and someone else has turned into the devil! Neither my hubby or I can keep up! CAN anyone say DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY!

Sunee
04-29-2003, 11:23 PM
(((((chelle33))))) waving at chelle :)

Char
04-30-2003, 01:55 AM
:D :D :D Some of these have been a riot ! Too funny !
I really have no complaints about my family, but, my hubby's...lol, well, their biggest problem is that they have tons of money to blow (and they do), BUT, for example, they have no homeowners insurance on their homes, or won't get a prescription filled claiming "they don't have the money"... or/and won't buy any kind of warranty or protection plan because they couldn't afford it, in other words, all of the "things that should matter", they don't have money for, but, they can go out and eat everyday, have internet access, always have cigarettes etc... but whine contantly that they can't afford anything. My FIL quit smoking 4 months ago, he smoked 3 packs a day of Pall Mall, that is at least $8.00 a day for cigarettes they spent, so they are saving at least $50.00 a week, well, they have a newer home, with NO homeowners insurance, I tried to express to them how important it is, if the house would burn down, they would be S.O.L. ! Anyway, I called, it would cost them $350.00 a year for the homeowners, they said they can't afford it !!! I suggested " well, take even HALF of what was spent on cigarettes ($25.00 a week) and put it aside each week, you will have it in no time... they insisted "we have less money now then when Dad smoked"...lol, it's like talking to a wall ! And, the whole family is like that !!! :confused:

morris2b
04-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Kyla Kym
7. When he is picking on me, he don't know when to stop then I end up screaming at him. meaning=>(grabs at my personal parts when I'm busy, and once or twice isn't enough...he has to keep on until I'm flaming mad)

By doing this it lets me know that he is not interested in anyone other than I and I try to get him to do it more, and he will walk away :D Oh chit she noticed :p

I could gripe about my family but like some others I would be here for awhile and so wouldnt you, so we will leave it at that, but for the 3 I live with, they are all normal;)

Char
04-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by EMELLE
Char, i know lots of people like that. Worked with a girl one time at a restaurant, she had some nasty, green, rotted teeth, and instead of going to the dentist, she used her savings to go on vacation. priorities, huh?

Exactly my point, I could not have said it better. ;) But, the additional problem is that when they DO lose out, or something DOES happen (like the house burning down or something), they will expect US to pick up the pieces ! I think it is selfish.