PDA

View Full Version : You Might Know Someone Like This...

SueShopper
04-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Why is it that certain people always have to TOP WHATEVER IT IS YOU HAVE OR SAY!?!?!?!?!??!

You tell them something and they can't just say "that's really great for you"...they have to find something wrong with it , or put it down. A simple "that's nice" would be ok. But to tell you that there's is better , or some B.S. like that.

Is it their insecurity?!?! what is it...what makes people like that.
They brag brag brag... on their house, car, subdivision,... it's THE BEST!! and what you have is CRAP....
ARRRRGGGHHH

Sorry, just venting off some steam :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krisharry
04-28-2003, 09:43 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Dh's exfriend always has
something bad to say. You shouldn't have bought that you should get a new one, etc.etc. Why can't people just say congratulations that's great or at the least not say anything. i hate that. People should
remember If you can't say anything nice... :)

~MK~
04-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Yep. There are a few I would just love to strangle or shove their keyboards down their throats after I break their fingers. :eek: :D ;)

MsLynn
04-28-2003, 10:13 AM
i know what you mean, i always know my sister is jealous when she starts putting something of mine down, lol.

and we have one here, who, no matter what it is you're doing, she's done it too, ONLY BIGGER AND BETTER, lmao. I swear if i said i won a million dollars, she would have won 10 million, lmao. just drives me insane

ckerr4
04-28-2003, 11:04 AM
ROTF, I have a relative like that, only it not only goes for good things, it goes for bad things as well - if you're sick, she's had that sickness, but worse, if you have a condition, she had it, and for longer and it was more agonizing. And her story will change and contradict itself, just so she can top you.:rolleyes: It's so silly:D

Kelsey1224
04-28-2003, 11:16 AM
you have one relative like that...I have tons. plus co-workers too...
always trying to top me...

LOL!

momfromTN
04-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Sounds like some of my inlaws.

jasmine
04-28-2003, 11:45 AM
my husbands family, everytime that you mention you like to have this, or want to get this, buy this....... GUESS WHAT, they go out and buy it!! And rub it in your face.
here's some examples
last year,I wanted a pool {not a big one, just someting to get the kids wet and cooled down}, who goes out and buys a big one? MIL
I really needed a lawn mower, guess who goes out and buys one~ his family
I could go on and on, but I won't, I guess that would make me one of them.
And alot of the times, I buy stuff used, I mean, it's not new, it's sill in good shape, and satisfies the need just fine, but that's not good enough, "I should have bout a NEW one".

DreamWarrior
04-28-2003, 12:05 PM
Been there done that.... bought the bumper sticker... LOL

mrs.john
04-28-2003, 05:07 PM
I have a couple of SIL like that, but only it was with kids. Someone in the family would get pregnant, and boom, so were one of them. Why would you keep having kids that you don't want to take care of and can hardly support, just b/c someone else is and might get a little attention away from you? Give me a break.

I had a c-section with my first one b/c he was breech. I wasn't a total woman like them b/c I didn't go natural (as long as my baby made it, I didn't care how he came out). My one SIL had to have a c-section for her last one. Now she's some kind of hero b/c she "went thru that terrible ordeal". Whatever.

OX_Love_OX
04-28-2003, 05:25 PM
The only thing worse than a person who does this is one who lies on top of it...and actually thinks you are believing the lies.

No...we don't really believe the lies...we just don't respond to them in hopes of keeping the conversation as short as possible...so we can get as far away as possible, as soon as possible;)