PDA

View Full Version : Another Update On Baby

KATinKY
04-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Ok, I finally got me a computer, so I will be back online now.
Aaron Michael is now a little over a month now. As most of you know, he was born with cleft lip and palate. You can see his picture here,
http://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/hospitals/template/hospitalpage.asp?hospitalID=7068%20-%20Blank%20target march 22 2003 and aaron r
and password is suiter
he was sick a while, but he is doing so much better, after we took him to a pediatrician that knew exactly what was wrong with him and not tell us it was nothing. So we went to Lexington to the cleft lip clinic once already, and met with a team of doctors, here is what they told us so far, he will have his first surgery at the age of 3 months to repair his lip and nose, and his second surgery at the age of 9 months to repair the palate, and if those goes well, then that the only surgerys they will have to do on those, and then they will put his gum in at the age of 5 years old. and he will get braces at the age of 10 years old. We go to the Plastic Surgeons main office Monday Morning and we will get the schedules for the surgerys and see pictures and know exactly what will take place, and what to expect. I am still scared though and hate to see him have to go through all of this, but I know it has to be done, but I cried when my daughter got her shots, atleast they can fix this and we wont have to go through it alone. well thank you for reading this, and sorry it was so long...I thank everyone for their support and really I am glad to be a part of BBS.

justme23
04-26-2003, 11:56 PM
(((((((hugz))))))) He is beautiful. Yall will do great and I will keep yall in my prayers.

heartlvrs
04-27-2003, 01:02 AM
he so sweet..prayers for his healing! and you for courage and strength

FMDiva
04-27-2003, 09:00 AM
{{{{Welcome Aaron! }}}}

Alexandria
04-27-2003, 09:29 AM
He is just adorable !! I've seen several medical documentaries on the repair of cleft palate and it's amazing what they can do ! Good luck to you and that little sweetie pie !

miccit
04-27-2003, 09:37 AM
He is so cute!

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. ((((((hugs))))))

mrs.john
04-27-2003, 04:03 PM
{{{hugs}}} I'm sure everyone here is pulling for that little guy. :)

I think it's great that the doctors are being so open with you and even letting you know what is going to be done down the road. It's amazing what they are able to do now.

ladybugbhb
04-27-2003, 04:30 PM
((((hugs))))
we are all here for you if you need us to listen.

1busymomma
04-27-2003, 04:40 PM
He is really cute.....I knew a boy in growing up who had a cleft palate lip, but you could hardly tell (and we are both 25 now so the techonolgy is vastly improved). (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Come here and talk away when you need to. :)

HumblePie98
04-27-2003, 05:23 PM
My nephew had this problem! You cant even tell he ever really had it...

He's so beautiful!!!

~Roxy~
04-27-2003, 06:04 PM
((((((hugs))))))