PDA

View Full Version : help!!! not sure what to do!

Angelbear3
04-26-2003, 08:09 PM
Okay, here we go again. Everyone knows the story of my ex leaving me.. blah blah. Well here's a new twist. He calls today and apologizes for the way he treated me in our relationship and all that stuff. I find out that he's been spending a lot of time with the girl he swears he didn't leave me for. Well, something in me snapped... I went to his work to tell him that I wanted nothing to do with him anymore and then I saw hickeys all over his neck. I know I shouldn't care, but it hurt me anyway. I admit I went off, told him some stuff I never should have. Told him that I better never see her... it was stupid.

Anyway, get this... possible reason for him being so nice to me on the phone and apologizing.... his ex has finally decided to try to get child support from him. He'll owe 8 years worth and she's looking for me because I'm the only one who might tell her where he is...

What do I do? Do I tell her? His child deserves the child support, but then I'd be doing it to just be a vindictive b%&*h... he also owes child support for his two other daughters but that ex also doesn't know where he is.

Should I tell them? Any thoughts please??

scifiwoman
04-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Id tell them. Those children deserve to be supported. If you dont tell you are aiding him in avoiding his child support. JMO.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by scifiwoman
Id tell them. Those children deserve to be supported. If you dont tell you are aiding him in avoiding his child support. JMO.

what scifi said!

Nanami30
04-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Angelbear3

What do I do? Do I tell her? His child deserves the child support, but then I'd be doing it to just be a vindictive b%&*h... he also owes child support for his two other daughters but that ex also doesn't know where he is.

Like you said, his child deserves the support. If for nothing but that reason alone, you should tell, IMHO.

Danny
04-26-2003, 08:32 PM
Sorry - I can't see you protecting a serial child support deadbeat. My advice is to turn him in. Be thankful you got out of the realtionship when you did. Someone like that isn't worth feeling badly about.

Xica
04-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Wouldn't YOU want to know where his whereabouts, if he wasn't supporting your children whom he fathered?

ldavern
04-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Okay, here we go again. Everyone knows the story of my ex leaving me.. blah blah. Well here's a new twist. He calls today and apologizes for the way he treated me in our relationship and all that stuff. I find out that he's been spending a lot of time with the girl he swears he didn't leave me for. Well, something in me snapped... I went to his work to tell him that I wanted nothing to do with him anymore and then I saw hickeys all over his neck. I know I shouldn't care, but it hurt me anyway. I admit I went off, told him some stuff I never should have. Told him that I better never see her... it was stupid.

Anyway, get this... possible reason for him being so nice to me on the phone and apologizing.... his ex has finally decided to try to get child support from him. He'll owe 8 years worth and she's looking for me because I'm the only one who might tell her where he is...

This is a joke,, isn't it :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You wouldn't fall for this bs again,, would you??

BeanieLuvR
04-26-2003, 08:38 PM
I`d tell. He should support his kids.

Angelbear3
04-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the replies. The only reason I haven't yet is because I was afraid that it would make me look pathetic for turning him in. I'm definately going to talk to his ex tomorrow. It's going to come back on me hard but I guess I'll just have to deal with that.

momfromTN
04-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. The only reason I haven't yet is because I was afraid that it would make me look pathetic for turning him in. I'm definately going to talk to his ex tomorrow. It's going to come back on me hard but I guess I'll just have to deal with that.

WHY would you ever even WORRY about looking pathetic to someone who doesn't bother to support his kids. He is a disgusting, low-down, piece of crap SCUM to father kids and then not even love or care enough for them to support them. He is the lowest of the low, and honey, YOU would be a HERO :) for reporting his whereabouts. So, report him like YESTERDAY!!! Who gives a rats rear end what he thinks. He doesn't count. :mad:

Bohemut
04-26-2003, 10:25 PM
It's going to come back on me hard but I guess I'll just have to deal with that.

My question is how is going to come back on you? Are you afraid that he'll do something to hurt you?

My ex didn't pay child support until I took him to court--I didn't receive a dime until my DD was 17 years old. When I think of how her life could have been different I get mad all over again. I was a single mother, working a full time and then some job, with just enough money to get by. Life for my DD could have been quite a bit better if he would have just paid what he owed. Now he is being garnished and will have to pay until he pays the entire $35,000.00 plus he owes in back support (and interest). Please don't make your slimeball's kids have to wait like my DD did. They deserve better than that. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now. All I'm saying is, just think of those poor kids.

HumNbirdMO
04-26-2003, 10:39 PM
3 kids and he don't support any of them?? What a lowlife a$$hole :mad:

Yep, you should tell the ex where he is, and you should also look up the other ex ASAP and tell her where he is as well. Those kids deserve to be supported!!

Don't know if you have any kids with him, but if not, once you hang up the phone with the 2nd ex, if I were you, I would be getting on my knees thanking the stars above that this deadbeat is out of your life!!

MsPiggy44
04-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Give the man up!!!!! He is disgusting.

Angelbear3
04-26-2003, 11:43 PM
My question is how is going to come back on you? Are you afraid that he'll do something to hurt you?

I'm close to a lot of his family and they are all going to turn on me and it's going to be hard. I don't know if he'll hurt me, but he once said that if I did anything like that he would call the police and tell them I stole his car (it's in his name, not mine and he won't sign it over). He's also threatened me in an underhanded way, not sure if he meant physically or what.

A couple of people are cheering me on in his family to turn him in but I know that when the stuff hits the fan about it I'm going to be the one to take the fall. I'm kind of scared as stupid as that sounds.

Alexandria
04-27-2003, 09:41 AM
First I'd tell him you need something in writing from him stating the car is in your possession with his permission. Tell him you need it for insurance purposes in case anything happens to the car while you are driving it or while it's parked at your house/apartment. If he does that THEN go ahead and turn his a$$ in. I have to wonder why his family doesn't do it .. instead of making you be the scapegoat. Are they afraid of him too ??

Angelbear3
04-27-2003, 11:35 AM
I don't know if they're afraid of him. I doubt it. I think it's more along the lines of they don't want him to go to jail or whatever. Good idea about the car... I would like to have that in case I would get pulled over or anything. Thanks.

schsa
04-27-2003, 11:55 AM
You would prefer that his child go without things because you are afraid to tell his ex where he is? Would you want someone to treat you that way?

He gets away without supporting his children because of you. He should be in jail. It's as if you are saying that it's alright for him to have children and not do anything to care for them. He is pathetic. You need to decide if this man is worthy of continuing in hurting people or he need to have to own up to his responsibilities and be an adult. Adults take care of their responsibilities. And keep in mind that he is playing you the same way he did when you were married. And you keep playing the door mat.

mesue
04-27-2003, 12:05 PM
If I felt endangered in any way I would wait until I got back to where you were planning to move to and then make the call. If you are worried of repercussions against you and your child especially for your safety wait until you know he can't get to you. I would not worry about why you are doing it since it is the right thing to do, he should take responsibility and take care of his kids but if you are worried I would wait until I wa felt that me and my child was safe. Good Luck!

Kelsey1224
04-28-2003, 11:22 AM
yea...what Fireball said!

mom4angels
04-28-2003, 12:03 PM
I would turn him in because he is a scum for not supporting his children.

DreamWarrior
04-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by scifiwoman

I agree