PDA

View Full Version : Aren't Jays obnoxious birds?

Bohemut
04-26-2003, 04:51 PM
Just kidding. :D

I got a cd in the mail from Jaybird today. WooHoo! It's a copy of the infamous road trip cd. It's even a cool lime green color. I've listened to the whole thing and it's pretty good. Especially the last song by Van the Man! That one's been played like, oh four times now.

Thanks Jaybird!

BTW--I have your address now. He, he, he!

annie169
04-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Having J-bird's addy could be a scary thing...Be afraid...Very Afraid!! Ack...she has yours too.....Oh, the very thought sends chills down my spine!!

Bohemut
04-26-2003, 05:59 PM
She should be very afraid! I'm thinking of sending her a cd of my favorite road trip songs. We have, er..., slightly different tastes in music. How does the long version of In A Gadda Da Vida sound? Or maybe Tweeter And The Monkey Man by the Traveling Wilburys. Hee, hee, hee. I could really have some fun!

miccit
04-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Bohemut
She should be very afraid! I'm thinking of sending her a cd of my favorite road trip songs. We have, er..., slightly different tastes in music. How does the long version of In A Gadda Da Vida sound? Or maybe Tweeter And The Monkey Man by the Traveling Wilburys. Hee, hee, hee. I could really have some fun!

You could always send her weekly shipments of limes and coconuts! :)

Bohemut
04-26-2003, 06:41 PM
Wow! Someone who's heard of the Traveling Wilburys. I have their two offical albums (on cd of course) and I just got a bootleg album (it was factory produced in Russia). So do you want me to make up a road trip cd of the Traveling Wilburys?

BTW my favorite song is the Wilbury Twist. :D

jaybird
04-26-2003, 06:57 PM
***Aren't Jays obnoxious birds?***
HEY. I resemble that remark!

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida...Iron Butterfly

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, honey,
don't you know that I love you?
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, baby,
don't you know that I'll always be true?

Oh, won't you come with me
and take my hand?

Oh, won't you come with me
and walk this land?

I went through puberty & high school listening to this stuff. Alice Cooper, Zep, Tull, The Who, Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Ted Nugent (when he was with the Amboy Dukes, CSNY, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Canned Heat, Cream, Moody Blues...

You put de lime in de coconut, drink dem bot togedder
Put de lime in de coconut, den you feel bedder!
:D

Bohemut
04-26-2003, 10:59 PM
I went through puberty & high school listening to this stuff. Alice Cooper, Zep, Tull, The Who, Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Ted Nugent (when he was with the Amboy Dukes, CSNY, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Canned Heat, Cream, Moody Blues...

Boy not me. My mother always had the radio on the local station--good old country & western. My dad liked to listen to boogie woogie, jazz and classical. I got to listen to the radio in my room only when I went to bed or when I got up in the morning. I had to discover everything about rock when I moved out to go to college. I can still hear the disbelief in my roommate's voice when I told her I hadn't ever heard anything by the Beatles. I did know about the Monkees though because my sister watched them and occasionally my mom would let me watch too. I made up for lost time, but somehow I've never really gotten past rock. My all time favorite artist is George Harrison (kinda hard to guess from my signature line, huh?). Followed by the Travelling Wilburys (who included George) and the Beattles (who also included George). But on the other hand I still like Vivaldi, Mozart, Wagner, etc., etc., etc..

So, Jaybird, what do you think? Want me to make a road trip cd for you? I have lots of cd's to chose from.

jaybird
04-27-2003, 08:00 AM
I sure do. Because I love Metallica as much as Dvorak. I listen to Tim McGraw as much as Andrea Bocelli. And I burned an entire Monkees, Hermans Hermits cd for the trip. I have Beatles, I have Janis Joplin, the Dead and most those others on cd already, so I figure I'll take the 2-3 road trip cds and my entire collection of 300 others! :D

Bohemut
04-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Okay Raven. I'll copy them for you. The last one I got is a combined cd with Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever. Do you want me to copy all of it?

I'll go ahead and make at least one compilation road trip cd too. Just for you Jaybird. :D