PDA

View Full Version : Sitting here feelign sorry for myself.....

cpbaby
04-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I know others are worse off than me and this is petty but no flaming please.

For THREE WEEKS we have had plans to go to a friends house tonight. First was for a "adult" type party for the women and the men were going to cook out and drink beer outside. Then that got changed becuase the party got cancelled, but we were still invited over for a cook out. THEN the cookout got cancelled(rainy and wet) so we were supposed to go over and go out to eat and then go back and play cards and the men drink beer. ( I dont drink) SO this morning I told the DH that we are supposed to be there at 5:45 so we can go eat at 6. At 5:30 he comes in telling me about all this stuff he has to do and never mentions our plans. I finally ask him if hes planning on getting a shower before we go or what here? Uhhh, Oh yeah, hes getting a shower first. Ok, fine EXCEPT he takes 45 minutes to get his showers. I am trying to not get upset(too late) and he is like what? What time are we supposed to eat? I told him 6:00 and its a 40 minute drive to my friends house. Oh well, then! Now hes mad and we arent going because I didnt tell him it was so early. I could cry and he doesnt see why Im upset, hes the one being put out caus ehe couldnt do anything outside yesterday or this mornign cause of the weather, so I am now being penalized. I didnt buy anything for supper, I dont have a clue what we are going to eat, I dont really care at this moment. Luckily my friend is very understanding. Its like he doesnt care what I have planned, hes doing whatever he wants. I dont ask for much, he can watch anything he wants on tv except for on Monday and Thursday nights. We NEVER go out. The last place we went was to HIS MOMS. I love him but this DRIVES ME CRAZY!

I graduated in December of 2002 and am marching on May 9th. I have VISIONS of being late to my own graduation cause he cant get anywhere on time. I HATE to take two cars cause its at night and 45 minutes away, but I think it may be the best solution.

1busymomma
04-26-2003, 04:10 PM
(((((((((((((((cpbaby)))))))))))))))))

My ex is notoriously late. It infuriated me to no end and still does so I understand. It's frustrating. :( I'm sorry your plans got cancelled. To bad I'm in OR and at work, or I would invite you over and come pick you up myself!!! :) Oh, and I'd be early to.

Kyla Kym
04-26-2003, 04:15 PM
((((((((cpbaby))))))))
I'm just like your husband. I'm always late no matter how hard I try not to be. Drives my husband batty.

justme23
04-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by honeybear39429
My hubby is always late. It irks me so bad..because I am always early

(((((cp)))))

I have one of these... I hate to be late... but I have a hubby who has to be at work by noon and lays in bed until 11:30... what's up w/ that!!!

Cp, just smack him around a little bit, you'll feel better and he doesn't seem to care how you feel so why should you care about a bump on the head. (I AM JUST KIDDING... pls no one get your panies in a wad)

kelblend
04-26-2003, 04:19 PM
(((cpbaby))) I'm sorry you didn't get to go out and enjoy yourself tonight!!! That really stinks!!! We hardly ever go out and I know I would have been way upset if that happened to me.

magenta
04-26-2003, 04:20 PM
I am So sorry your plans got ruined.

My husband was always making us late for everything (it takes him forever to shower and get dressed too).

So now I lie to him. When we have to be somewhere at a certain time, I shave a half-hour to and hour off of it. Like, we had to be at my aunt's house last Sunday for dinner at 2:00. I told him we had to be there at 1:30. We arrived promptly at 2:00.

He hasn't caught on yet!

odyssey
04-26-2003, 04:25 PM
hugs to you.

I know this doesn't help now, but my Mom always did this when we were younger.
She moved the clocks ahead up to 1 hour ahead.
I now have the clocks 15 mins ahead in my bedroom and 7 mins ahead in my car. Sure some will disagree but it has help tremendously with us and being late.

schsa
04-26-2003, 05:09 PM
I would go without him and tell him to meet you there. When I was growing up, my dad would tell us when he was leaving to go anywhere. If you weren't in the car, you were left behind.

Don't ruin your plans for someone else. Go on and he can follow whenever he gets it together.

memphistn
04-26-2003, 05:22 PM
Ok I know this might sound bad, but my husband is one of those people that takes time to do anything, from showering to getting dressed. And if he gets distracted....:rolleyes: We are there forever. I LIE, there I said it, I tell him everything starts 30 minutes earlier then it really does, that way he can procrastionate all he wants but we STILL get there on time. Maybe one of these days he will figure it out, I hope NOT.

hotwheelstx
04-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, I guess I don't feel guilty. I tell Aggie 1 hour in advance. Gets dressed (no prob). all of 30 mins. to s,s,s. It's when we get into the car I the problems start.........get gas, cigarettes, forgot directions, extra money, locking the front/back doors. I could go on and on.

It's never ending. Even when he's dressed we're still late. DRIVES ME BATTY.

cpbaby
04-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Thanks yall. Last Sunday I had to go to my moms EARLY to cook for Easter cause she had to go to the ER for a piece of tinfoil flying into her eye. SO I told him when I left, be there at noon. We are eating at 1.(we were eating at 2) He got there are 2. Its unreal. I am totally amazed that he EVER got anything done and ANY of his babies actually got born in the hopsital.