PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need to hear you gripe when I shop??

kelblend
04-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Ok check out at the grocery store last night. I start putting my stuff on the belt thing. All I can hear is "They are sooo stupid. This place is soooo stupid." It's the cashier. I say. "Shhhhhhh!!!" before I even think about it, much to the chagrin of my 9 year old daughter. LOL I don't think she even heard me. I get up there and she is telling me how they let someone leave early and she will be the only big line open and they shouldn't have let her go and where are all the baggers?? They can be sooo stupid!!! I should quit. I hate working. I wish I didn't have to. I should quit!"

I was sooo not impressed. Just finish my order and then quit. I go in that store allll the time! I might as well work there myself. I had never ever seen this teenager before! LOL

My vent: I don't want to hear your woes about your job while checking out. If someone starts in about feeling sick or something, that's ok. I do listen. But this, SHUTUP and CHECK OUT THE GROCERIES!!

Even as a teenager, I would have NEVER EVER acted that way at work. You just don't do that.

Ok I'm done. :D

mlathroum
04-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Had one like that once and even told me I shouldn't be spending so much money there because they weren't worth it. I picked up her curtosy phone while she stood there telling me I couldn't use it and paged her supervisor to the register. I then look at the supervisor and told her she needed to be trained more about customer satisfaction. HEHE I saw her stocking shelves the next time I was there. Sorry if that sounds rude but I just can't stand store people right now. YES I am high on easter chocolate, PMS mode, and AUnt FLo!!

mrs.john
04-26-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by mlathroum
Had one like that once and even told me I shouldn't be spending so much money there because they weren't worth it. I picked up her curtosy phone while she stood there telling me I couldn't use it and paged her supervisor to the register. I then look at the supervisor and told her she needed to be trained more about customer satisfaction. HEHE I saw her stocking shelves the next time I was there. Sorry if that sounds rude but I just can't stand store people right now. YES I am high on easter chocolate, PMS mode, and AUnt FLo!!

LOL. I would never have the nerve to do that, but what a great idea:D

kelblend
04-26-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by honeybear39429
Was it the same store kel?
Gimme their number :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LMAO no it wasn't actually!! I should give ya the number anyhoo!!:D

LitWtch
04-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kelblend
All I can hear is "They are sooo stupid. This place is soooo stupid." It's the cashier. I say. "Shhhhhhh!!!" before I even think about it, much to the chagrin of my 9 year old daughter. LOL I don't think she even heard me. I get up there and she is telling me how they let someone leave early and she will be the only big line open and they shouldn't have let her go and where are all the baggers?? They can be sooo stupid!!! I should quit. I hate working. I wish I didn't have to. I should quit!"

If it happens again just reply "Then quit so that someone who wants to work can have your job":D

Xica
04-26-2003, 03:37 PM
LitWtch, that's an excellent response. :)

kelblend, I agree. I think they should shut up and do their job. As a customer, I don't want to hear that they'd rather be doing something else other than check you out. They can wait until their break to complain or complain when no one's there.

1busymomma
04-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by LitWtch
If it happens again just reply "Then quit so that someone who wants to work can have your job":D

Yep that's what I say to......to many people that are desperate to pay the bills who need the work! Stop pissing and moaning about it. Sometimes I wonder if teens should have jobs. No offense but I know to many adults with little kids who struggle to purchase the basics and have no job or are working part-time because of lack of a full time one.

Kyla Kym
04-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Next time that happens tell her to come to vent & whine after work because there is a place and time for ranting and while she is still at work isn't the time.

I use to sorta do that sometimes when I ran a register. My boss would just take off and leave me running the whole store by myself on a weekend in a tourist area. 1 person can't do it and you get so freaked out trying to keep EVERYTHING up that you sometimes vent while a customer is in there. My reason for doing it wasn't so much out of frustration at my boss, but to let the customer know why I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to run the register/cook in the deli/make sandwiches/stock the walk in/watch the gas pumps/do the movie rentals/...ect...LOL....all the while a line of people are building up and you hear them huffing and puffing and you know they are getting mad at you even though you seemed to have sprouted 4 arms and 10 legs you are going so fast. LOL :D

kelblend
04-26-2003, 04:15 PM
I will say for the most part it seems that the work ethic has changed since I was a teenager. My husband is a plant manager for a steel company. When the owner has hired teenagers is when he has had the worst time with employees. It seems they have no work ethic and he ends up teaching them about it. He would prefer to hire adults with families who tend to work for their paychecks. I just grew up with knowing you didn't act that way, nor treat elders poorly even if they did you. YOu could actually *gasp* lose your job!! I complained by email to a VIP about a grocery store franchise in my area. That kid is still working there. I thought I had the email I sent them, but can't find it. I was just totally blown away by this kid though!! Just goes to show, you insult your customers they might say now now, but that seems to be all.