PDA

View Full Version : bank acct... vent/whine

Sparkli
04-26-2003, 08:03 AM
man, i am so mad at my bank, I guess around tuesday somehow my acct when negative (i dont know how) and some things bounced... well they took care of it with a nice over draft charge of 29$ each. 4 overdrafts. 29 x 4! yikes. Well I didn't know about it, hell, my book says i am positive, I would NEVER spend it if I dont have it! Well all the over draft charges came out of my paycheck which was directly deposited Fri. morning. I will probably end up with a total of 9, say it with me - NINE, overdraft charges. Because where I didn't know about it, I made some purchases on my debit card yesterday...3 purchases, none over 5 bucks. so 29 x 9...

but my main concern is now I have no money for two weeks. because the overdraft charges ate up my paycheck. I dont know what I am going to do. I was supposed to pay my electric bill yesterday but didn't for some reason. That would have bounced too. But it's already 10 days late. I dont know what to do, my electricity can't be cut off! :( I dont know what to do. no money, cant eat, cant buy gas.

time for job number 3 i guess.

just my vent. sorry.
tammy

MsLynn
04-26-2003, 08:15 AM
i'm soo sorry you're going through this.

{{{{{{{{tdeloach1}}}}}}}}}}

Sparkli
04-26-2003, 08:20 AM
ok, so i guess i wasnt finished venting... but at this moment... my check book says i am supposed to have 30 more in there than what the bank is showing. i have balenced my book TWICE with what they have and it's still not working out.

I swear to god, I have had so many problems with this checking acct since I had the money stole out of it thru paypal. I think after this is all over, I am just starting over.

I have never bounced a thing in my life. Much less 9 things! I still can't believe it. I was bawling earlier. I dont know what I am going to do really. I can't borrow money from my sister, she was asking me for money yesterday.

I just want the money problems to go away, is that too much to ask? I am tired of being broke, tired of working two jobs, tired tired tired. Why do I have to struggle to make ends meet?

just ignore this really, i am not looking for answers. :(

cpbaby
04-26-2003, 08:22 AM
I understand. I have two jobs and am still in school and two kids. Its rough. I gave up on a checking acount last year and now I just deal in cash. If I need to use PayPal, I use a prepaid Credit card that I always try to keep $200 or so on. I NEVER got my figures and the banks to match, so I said to heck with it.

{{{{{{{huggles}}}}}}}

morris2b
04-26-2003, 09:35 AM
since you had money stolen from your account through paypal it would be advisable to get a new checking account and close the paypal account that you now have and create another......

schsa
04-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Tammy if you were here I'd hire you to mow my lawn and give you $40 for doing it. Get out and knock on doors over the next two weeks and see if someone will pay you to mow their lawn or weed. It's work but you get paid cash and you can make $200 fairly easily doing it. Also ask about baby sitting or house sitting.

And check with your church about a temp loan to get you through.

theoutlaw2001
04-26-2003, 10:38 AM
you need to call you bank monday morning.. or better yet, go in person.. sit down with a customer service rep and go over the debits and credits one by one.. if you have never bounced anything before.. most banks will credit you the over draft charges the first time it happens.. but it is very important that you get into the bank asap and find the problem.

mlathroum
04-26-2003, 10:46 AM
We had a problem with a bank. No crap they never balanced things correctly. Hubby would go in atleast twice a month and show them the mistakes with our account. Everytime they screwed up up they would charge us those overdraft charges too. AND everytime they were given back to us. It was a small local bank with only 2 branches total. Some people can't get it straight.

justme23
04-26-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm curious... is this a bank of america account? We had one through them and my hubbies check has always been on direct deposit. Everyone we know who has direct deposit, the money hits right at 12:00am, well w/ 2 dif checks they took 3 WEEKS to credit our account and it was quite a while before we even realized it... well needless to say they claim we still owe them like 400 dollars in over draft charges... over draft charges that never should have happened... it sits like a big open sore on our credit report and w/ telecheck too... it totally chaps my hide. I HATE corporate america, especially when there is NO EXCUSE for their mistake... then to treat us as if it is OUR mistake too? No, I don't think so. We closed the account and headed to another bank and have had no glitches since then and I tell everyone I know to run, not walk, as far from this bank as they can.

sorry to take over your vent, just wanted you to know you're not alone... take your balance book and your monthly statements and go to the bank, sit down w/ one of the representatives and show them you can't find this over draft anywhere... make them go back as far as they have to to find the problem... there is absolutely no excuse for this if it is their mistake.

Talanco
04-26-2003, 11:03 AM
Im sorry that happened to you. That is the main reason that I will NOT trust a bank with my money. No way, no how!

denisemm
04-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Oh, I had the same thing happen, right before Christmas. I was so upset! $120 in overdraft fees, and my whole Christmas shopping budget was only $200 to begin with. So only my son got Christmas presents. Everyone understood, but it still sucked.

Talk to them. If its the first time, even if they find its an error you made they might still reverse at least some of the charges. My old bank has done that before, they got rid of a total of like $80+ in fees.

Good luck!

barky586
04-26-2003, 05:15 PM
She called customer service (local if at all possible as opposed to customer service department in ten-buck-two) and explained that she had made a mathamatical error (and stressed "mathematical error" as opposed to writing checks because she still had some LOL) and she NEVER bounced checks before (or in a very long time if the case may be) and could they PLEASE offer her some assistance.....what they did as a goodwill gesture is charged her one time the fee and credited her account back the other funds. Then she called the 3-4 places that the checks had bounced and ask to speak to the manager and explained to him/her about the error and could he/she PLEASE simply run the check through again and they all agreed (and didn't charge her). It can't hurt - I bet they can help some. :)

jasmine
04-26-2003, 09:01 PM
I'm dealing with this also, here it is $15 over draft for every transaction that you bounce. It's cause of my soon ex~husband, he just thinks his little debt card is toilet paper or something...... goes through money like toilet paper. The bank allows us $350 in overdraft to cover our "mistakes". I couldn't fathom being chared $29 everytime. So, payday isn't untill this coming friday, and we are over $200 in the hole already, my truck payment, insurance, water... is due,and to top it off, looks like he may loose his job, coming this monday. Last night he checked the schedule at work, and he isn't on it :( So, therefore, no money support for me and the kids right now. And I also need gas, and groceries. anyway, I'll join in your vent and whine, cause I'm going through it too.

Hang on tight!!

Call around your town to differen churches, to find out where the "food pantry" is, and go and get some food. I tell you, I live to far out in the country, but if I didn't, I'd be peddling my bycicle to save money on gas. I don't know what to do? Keep writing the checks and let the over draft get it? And then, this friday to be his last payday and be stuck in the hole, with no money to pay my bills??
It just never ends. I wish I had some relatives with mone to borrow from :)

fingazz
04-27-2003, 07:49 PM
I've recently been having a similar problem with my bank.
Last winter I closed out my savings account and put the remaining balance in my checking account...and the problem is they never fully closed the savings account. So the account remained with a zero balance.
This bank charges a $3 a month service charge to any savings account that has under $150 in it...so for 3 months straight I was carring a negative balance, and since the account was empty the service charge bounced, and each time they took $15 out of my checking account.
I've been in there three times and they still haven't managed to get it fixed and they have no idea why their computer system won't take the charges off :rolleyes:

~MK~
04-28-2003, 09:04 AM
EXACT thing happened to me, only MINE were returned! :mad:

Bank FINALLY admits error, I get my $$ refunded for the overdraft fee, but I STILL have to pay the stores and their returned check fee. And even though they were PAID by me, I STILL can't write out a check anywhere. :mad:

Stupid banks. Oh..and lest we forget the OD charge for....

42 CENTS OVERDRAWN!!! :rolleyes: