PDA

View Full Version : Why are daddies so inept?

denisemm
04-25-2003, 06:55 PM
I am sick. I tried to nap on the sofa today & woke up to my son naked & pouring juice on himself. Then hubby informs me that the puddle on the floor in juice not pee. Then my son accidentally spilled his juice, but hubby wasn't looking & thought he did it on purpose (he does that sometimes) so he yelled at him. Without even looking. In fact, he had his back to him the whole time, and just peeked over his shoulder at him every once in a while. Then my son wanted a bath, and hubby didn't want to give in to that (he wants a bath like 5 times a day), so he wiped him down with a towel and put his diaper & sleeper back on. He never did anything about the juice puddle. So now, my son is sticky, his sleeper is sticky, the feet are wet from stepping in the juice puddle, and he NEEDS a bath. And I have to take care of it all, because hubby had to go back to work. Gee, I'm so glad he came home early so I could rest because I'm sick. 1.5 hours til bedtime. Can't come soon enough.

I love my husband, he's a good man, and is MUCH more involved than most father's I know, but he just doesn't seem to realize that our child is different & needs more supervision & direction, then when stuff happens because he has failed to provide that, he doesn't want to deal with it. As if I want to deal with it all the time... I have no choice.

miccit
04-25-2003, 07:12 PM
((((((( denisemm ))))))))))

Tadbit
04-25-2003, 07:15 PM
(((((((((((denisemm)))))))))))))))
I know what you mean. Some dad's think it's mom's job to do all the cleaning up after the kids. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Try to get some rest.

FireFox1973
04-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Hope you feel better soon. Thank god my hubbie is better than that, or I'd be kookoo by now!!!

Carmen42
04-25-2003, 08:07 PM
I feel your pain, Denise..When I go out of the house and leave hubby with the kids, they call me on my cell to ask questions that he is perfectly capable of answering! I tell them, go ask your dad and they say "he told us to call you!" I've started telling them not to call me unless dad is dead, unconscious or the house is on fire and he is too busy putting it out.

momfromTN
04-25-2003, 08:27 PM
I do NOT get it. I swear, I will raise my sons so my future DILs will love me for training them well. LOL!!!!