PDA

View Full Version : I am so angry at my kids school!

miccit
04-25-2003, 05:55 PM
I got a phone call this afternoon from the health room at my kids' school. My nine year old who broke her leg 5 weeks ago and is nowhere near being ready to get out of her cast yet was in the nurses office. She is in a wheelchair at school so she won't fall and hurt herself.

At recess today, she was sitting in her wheelchair on the blacktop talking to her friends. Two boys from her class came up behind her and grabbed her wheelchair and started pushing her really fast. She screamed for them to stop and they wouldn't. When they came to the edge of the blacktop the two front wheels got caught on the grass and she tipped forward. She instinctively put her legs on the ground to stop herself from falling. Now her broken leg hurts really bad.

The teacher in her divine wisdom as a punishment for these boys made them turn a stick (they get green sticks for good behaviour and if you get one stick that isn't green you don't get a candy). Now these kids could have rebroken her leg or hurt her in some other way and the teachers punishment was no candy. WTH!

I called the principal and threw a fit. She went down and got the boys. She took their recess away for a week, made them apologize to my daughter and me, and they had to write a letter to my dot to apologize. These kids are the same ones who torment everyone on the playground. I mistakenly thought that the school district was supposed to uphold the states anti-bully law. Silly me.:rolleyes:

She is going to the doctor Monday. I wanted to take her today, but they didn't think it was necessary.

I swear if I make it through this school year it will be a miracle.

Thanks for listening. I am getting really whiny aren't I?:rolleyes:

mlathroum
04-25-2003, 06:19 PM
I feel so sorry for your daughter. I hope everything turns out fine at the Dr's.
I am still having the same problem too. The schools will not defend the kids getting hurt and won't punish the ones doing the bulling.
My nephew got beat up again this week in gym. He came home with a note from the school saying he now has a behavior problem. He isn't the one doing anything but the teachers are afraid of the one doing the bulling so he gets punished instead of the one needing it. He has been beat up by the same child 4 times now. My mom has school custody and no one will listen to her. I am heading there on Monday to light a flame under the @ss of the principal and the school board. I want this child gone. He has to have someone to stand up for him.

miccit
04-25-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by mlathroum
I feel so sorry for your daughter. I hope everything turns out fine at the Dr's.
I am still having the same problem too. The schools will not defend the kids getting hurt and won't punish the ones doing the bulling.
My nephew got beat up again this week in gym. He came home with a note from the school saying he now has a behavior problem. He isn't the one doing anything but the teachers are afraid of the one doing the bulling so he gets punished instead of the one needing it. He has been beat up by the same child 4 times now. My mom has school custody and no one will listen to her. I am heading there on Monday to light a flame under the @ss of the principal and the school board. I want this child gone. He has to have someone to stand up for him.

How awful for your nephew.

The school is so lucky I went in instead of my husband. He would have ripped them all a new one if you know what I mean. He wanted me to call the sherriff and file an assault complaint.

I know what you mean about the teachers being afraid of the bullies. Here it is the teachers don't want to offend anyone that they feel is more important. We have one lady in the PTA whose husband is an administrator for another school district and they let her do whatever she wants to.

If they don't get it together, I am going to let my husband handle them. He wants to sue the district because this is not the first time one of my kids have been hurt at school and nothing was done about it.

1busymomma
04-25-2003, 06:23 PM
(((((((((((((((miccitanddot)))))))))))))))))

miccit
04-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by 1busymomma

She is fine. I think I am more concerned about it than she is. She says her leg feels better now, of course she took a Percocet so I would hope she feels better!:D

mrs.john
04-25-2003, 06:30 PM
{{{miccit}}}

miccit
04-25-2003, 06:58 PM
I talked to the two boys who were involved. I told them that they had to be careful because she could have been hurt. I also told them I understand that the wheelchair is a temptation to play with, but it wasn't a toy. So, I think they got the picture. I almost felt sorry for the one kid cause he thought I was going to yell at him. I felt bad then, and explained to him that if he broke her I had to listen to her complain for 6 more weeks!:eek:

She is making me crazy. She is bored and it has been 5 weeks already and they are nowhere near ready to take off the cast. They said it would be at least 4 or 5 more weeks. I don't think we'll make it that long!:)

Carmen42
04-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 1busymomma

This is exactly why I took my kids out of school and now I home-school them.. Other children can be SO incredibly cruel and the teachers just don't care. I hope you get some action.

odyssey
04-25-2003, 08:17 PM
{{{{{{{{{{miccit and child}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

miccit
04-25-2003, 08:38 PM
She is feeling better now and is off her Percocet high. They gave her these when she broke her leg. They make her really goofy and she is already a pretty goofy kid. She is up eating snack and reading Little House on the Prairie. It amazes me how resilient kids are.:)

HumNbirdMO
04-25-2003, 09:09 PM
Glad that your daughter is feeling better, and I hope that maybe those boys might have learned something from this.

My dd, 11, has been going through some rough times at school lately. There is one boy who has been calling her horrible, filthy names (B@tch, sl*t, wh*ore, etc.) and she had been coming home in tears. I went to the principal's office yesterday and told him that it had better stop, that my daughter has a right to an education without being harrassed. The saddest part is, this boy probably don't even know what the words mean (well, he could, 5th graders are alot more street wise than when i was that age), but regardless, I am hoping that it will come to a stop now that we have complained, and that I don't have to resort to going to either the boy's parent's, superintendant, or school board.

((HUGS)) to your daughter, hope her leg heals soon!!

miccit
04-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by HumNbirdMO
Glad that your daughter is feeling better, and I hope that maybe those boys might have learned something from this.

My dd, 11, has been going through some rough times at school lately. There is one boy who has been calling her horrible, filthy names (B@tch, sl*t, wh*ore, etc.) and she had been coming home in tears. I went to the principal's office yesterday and told him that it had better stop, that my daughter has a right to an education without being harrassed. The saddest part is, this boy probably don't even know what the words mean (well, he could, 5th graders are alot more street wise than when i was that age), but regardless, I am hoping that it will come to a stop now that we have complained, and that I don't have to resort to going to either the boy's parent's, superintendant, or school board.

((HUGS)) to your daughter, hope her leg heals soon!!

How awful for your dot! That is just so wrong.

Kids can be so cruel. I hope that boy stop soon. No one deserves to be teased. He sounds like he needs a swift kick in the bottom!

1busymomma
04-26-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by miccit
She is fine. I think I am more concerned about it than she is. She says her leg feels better now, of course she took a Percocet so I would hope she feels better!:D

Are'nt pain killers a beautiful thing??? LOL.

HumNbirdMO
04-26-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by miccit
How awful for your dot! That is just so wrong.

Kids can be so cruel. I hope that boy stop soon. No one deserves to be teased. He sounds like he needs a swift kick in the bottom!

Yeah I agree, he does need a swift kick in the rear or at least a few swigs of liquid soap in the mouth LOL!!

I hope he learned his lesson when the principal spoke with him or I will be forced to show who the real biatch of this family is...and believe me, it ain't my daughter LOL!!!:D

miccit
04-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by HumNbirdMO
Yeah I agree, he does need a swift kick in the rear or at least a few swigs of liquid soap in the mouth LOL!!

I hope he learned his lesson when the principal spoke with him or I will be forced to show who the real biatch of this family is...and believe me, it ain't my daughter LOL!!!:D

There is nothing quite like a mad momma, huh? I can let people say stuff to me I could care less, but look at my kids cross eyed and I will tear you a new one!!! :eek:

1busymomma- Gotta love those pain meds. And she is so funny when she is on them. I wish I had a camcorder for future blackmail.:D