PDA

View Full Version : Why say you are going to do something then not follow through?

Lioncub
04-25-2003, 05:18 PM
As some of you may recall one of my best friends lost everything in a fire and I had posted here looking for ROAK's of books, I stated that I would pay for shipping. I had 15 people say they would be sending books to help this family. One asked for shipping but never sent me a total so I could send the money. Out of the other 14 I only actually received 2 packages. The kids in this family were excited at the thought of having some of their books replaced and then were disappointed when only 2 out of the 14 showed up. If you aren't going to follow through at least have the curtousy to let the person know that you aren't sending.

chrissypoo
04-25-2003, 06:12 PM
I totally agree with you. Many people just talk to listen to themselves be heard. I didn't see your thread so I'm not one of these folks but I agree that when a person says they're going to do something then by all means follow through!!! :o

I understand that things may come up which could have prevented those books being shipped but not THAT many people! And if things did come up then a courtesy note written to you is in order.

Unfortunately many people just don't have enough sensitivity towards others. :mad:

mlathroum
04-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Lioncub. Sorry that happened. I think some people say yes and than find out they can't and are embarrased to e-mail back.
I must have missed your first post though. Can you tell me what you were looking for? I have an 8 year old and a 4 year old. We are cleaning out our books right now. I can atleast see what I have.

ladybreaker
04-25-2003, 08:23 PM
i,too missed the first posting and have much more here than just books!!do they need clothing for a little girl???like sizes 3T,4T and some 6's???i also have some extra household "basics"--like cups,plastic plates,storage items,etc.PLMK

longknife_99@yahoo.com

sweet~n~sassy
04-26-2003, 06:21 AM
i know exactly what you mean :( its sad when someone promises something and they dont follow through.

morris2b
04-26-2003, 06:25 AM
do they not realize not only did they hurt you but also hurt the children that are already hurt and suffering from losing their home to a fire......ARGHH!!! Some people need B**** slapped!!!!!!

mlayton1994
04-26-2003, 06:56 AM
I hate people like that. That is such a peeve of mine.

Lioncub
04-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone for agreeing with me, the worst part was two of them I thought were friends. Guess not

miralys
04-27-2003, 04:22 PM
I have a lot of books for all ages. Is there anything in particular you were looking for? Are you still looking?

ginna74
04-27-2003, 04:47 PM
I have learned not to open my mouth to my kids when people promise things or to do events with them. People are human and things come up where they can't do everything always. They have good hearts but things fall through. That is why I don't tell my kids everything always. They wouldn't understand how people are human and can't always follow through. I am sorry that you are so upset.

**the reason for my doing this is my uncle (may he rest in peace) was an alcoholic and promised us the world and we would get so dissapointed and cry and such. I know yours is a different situation but in a way it is the same in that my uncle meant well and I am sure these people meant well. Do not give up your friendships over such a thing, you would be making a huge mistake.

juliegirl78
04-27-2003, 04:49 PM
You got my package, didn't you? :eek: Seems like you e-mailed me to say you did, but I want to make sure! If not, it's lost somewhere... :rolleyes: Sorry the kids didn't get more books!

Lioncub
04-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Juliegirl - Yes I got yours

renrut*
04-27-2003, 07:22 PM
umm i think i am one u r talking about!!!!

i did say i hade some to send and sent u a total and didnt hear back form u so i assumed u had enough people interested!!!
sorry if i miss understood. my email is at the bottom if i was one of these people and i can still send them out. boy i hope i am not one of them for real. sooooo sorry if i am

Lioncub
04-28-2003, 06:55 AM
{{{{{Renrut}}}}} No honey it isn't you, I never got the email with the total and you had so much going on that I didn't want to bother you about it.

renrut*
04-28-2003, 06:59 AM
ok whew

thanks

Lioncub
05-02-2003, 10:33 AM
I got a box of Eric Carle books from D. Huss, there was no bbs name with it, anyone know who she is so I can send an appropriate thank you to her?

Ladytiger
05-10-2003, 02:06 PM
I just saw this thread. I don't think I posted that I would help, if I did, I am sorry-so much has been going on. I have a huge milk crate full of DD's books. I also have a bunch of kiddies videos. My problem is that I can't afford to ship them right now. Please email me what address you want these to go to, I will see what I can do. I knew I was hanging onto them for a reason!

ladybreaker
05-11-2003, 09:16 PM
lioncub---please e-mail me the mailing address so i can send the clothes to them!!

thanks!

ladybreaker

longknife_99@yahoo.com

Lioncub
06-07-2003, 12:37 PM
I got an envelope with 3 books in it on Thursday, the return address was torn but the name started with an M, Just wanted to thank you again for sending them

miralys
06-09-2003, 07:56 AM
I think that was mine, but that's unbelievable. I sent them in late April! I am glad you got them. Just wish I could have sent more.

Lioncub
06-09-2003, 01:24 PM
That's fine, I don't know why they took so long. Thanks again they really appreciated them.