PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe this! I need some advice please

Kyla Kym
04-25-2003, 12:33 PM
I can't believe this! We got a load of goods in today. And I think they replaced some of the items I was suppose to get. Ok that would be fine if it was something I could actually sell!

When I first seen them I thought it was garden tillers. And thought Hot Dang! These baby's are going to go fast. But on closer inspection seeing as how I had never seen a snow thrower before I figured out what it was. :(

What the heck am I going to do with 4 brand new Craftsman snow blowers????

These are all brand new and they are the high dollar ones. I plan on selling them for half price. But dang who in their right mind would by one here in southern Arkansas right at the first of Summer? I can't believe it. I don't think they would sell here even in the dead of winter! They could have sent lawn mowers or something...but oh no had to be snow blowers......I can't sell these on ebay because goodness knows what the shipping would be. These things are so big that they take up a whole pallet by themselves....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated right now. :(

morris2b
04-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Try Ebay my brother lives in West Virginia and is going to Tenn to pick up a 4wheeler ( man alive is he crazy or what?) My hubby would like to have one but I Dont know how we would get it :D

jaybird
04-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Can you return them?

jaybird
04-25-2003, 12:54 PM
Define half price and where you are in Arkansas. My husband might be very interested.

Kyla Kym
04-25-2003, 12:55 PM
morris2b see that's what I'm afraid of if I list them on ebay. Anyone in need of them would live so far off it would cost allot to ship and I'm sure they wouldn't want to drive for days just to come get it. Now if you was coming this way anyway I would be more than happy to give hubby a great deal on one! :D

Kyla Kym
04-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey Jaybird, :D the manifest said they are about $600.00 a piece. So I would take $300.00 for them. 2 of them are even bigger and I haven't located a price for them yet. That's the 2 I think they sent me to replace other items since I cant find a listing on the manifest. I live in Southern Arkansas the southwest corner close to Texas and Oklahoma. Was you planning on doing any site seeing soon down south? :D

dobiesnj
04-25-2003, 01:11 PM
Why can't you return them to the vendor if it was an incorrect shipment? Don't they have a return policy, especially if they made an error in shipment? Seems that you shouldn't have to be stuck with something you didn't order and have to take a beating on the price you'd have to sell them for.

Kyla Kym
04-25-2003, 01:20 PM
I buy by the truckload and I would have to pay for shipping back. And it would cost me way to much to ship them. The contract I have with them says they reserve the right to replace items with equal or greater value. Like they might have lost one of my pallets before they loaded the semi and replaced it with another one of the same value. These are overstock, out of season, store displays, ect....you know things like that. :)

dobiesnj
04-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Oh, ok, I see. Well, you still might consider Ebay even if you do have concerns about the shipping cost. If someone could save a lot of money on the snow blower, even if you add in the high cost of shipping, it still may be a much better deal for them in the long run. I'll bet you'd be surprised at how many people might jump on a deal like that.

Kyla Kym
04-25-2003, 01:33 PM
I might have to try it. But I think they will have to have a special shipping truck pick them up. These are like 9 horse power and I bet these things weigh more than 100 pounds. I might be wrong but they look huge and heavy and have big huge wheels on them and a huge tiller looking blades on the front. Just one takes up a whole 4 foot X 4 foot pallet. My husband bought a old timey wood cook stove last year off of ebay and the shipping ended up costing us over $300.00 so that's sorta what I'm thinking it would cost someone to have this thing shipped up north. I might be wrong though. But thank you for the advice. :)

schsa
04-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Find someone in your area that rents construction equipment and see if they would know someone who would buy them at half price and then haul them away. I know that the shipping would kill your pricing. And living in the South we have so much demand for snow blowers (like I remember seeing snow a few years ago so I do know what it looks like).

Or see if you can sell them to someone who drives a truck and might be interested in buying them and selling them in Montana or somewhere that the snow starts falling in August. You might consider some advertising in your biggest area newspaper.

You never know who will buy what. And you have nothing to loose by placing a small add in a large newspaper.

Kyla Kym
04-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Great advice schsa :) funny you should mention it about a truck driver. I just got of the phone with one that has bought a home here in our area. Him and his wife use to drive for Mark Martian. They hauled his race car around. But anyway they still drive long distance and he is needing stuff for their new home and was calling to see what I got in today. I asked him how many snow throwers he is going to need and the phone went dead silent for a while. LOL....anyway after we got through laughing about it. He said that he knew some people up north that would want them and he would probably be able to haul them up there when he is on another run up that way. So with any luck maybe that will be what happens. :)

I was just looking on ebay and I don't think I want to try and sell them there for sure. Sounds like it's a huge pain in the rear just to get them shipped.

The blowers I got look like this one and just look at all this guys puts people through to get it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2318341038&category=22655

I didn't realize how expensive these things are. The two I can't find a price on yet look like this one and they are the same horse power. So hopefully someone will want them.

Something else I got in on this load that I find odd is a pan/pot type thing. About the size of a chicken fryer. I can't believe what the retail cost was on this thing. It was $79.99 !!! Can you believe that????? Who in the world can afford to pay that much for one pan. I don't think I've ever seen one that was that expensive before in my life. LOL Even if I get half of the original cost that still will be a huge chunck of change in my books. I just can't imagine someone paying that much for a pan. :eek:

FireFox1973
04-25-2003, 06:05 PM
You could put them on ebay and advertise either a pick up or shipping!
trust me, a person with a store here in New Jersey would truck those babies in!! Try it.

LadyBones
04-25-2003, 07:03 PM
WOW My hubby is a truck driver and i wish he was going down your way! i could use that, i would just put it in storage till next year!
Good luck with them (ok crossing my fingers you don't get rid of them right away, hubby just might get down your way eventually...hehehe)