PDA

View Full Version : what else can I make with hamburger??

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-25-2003, 04:08 AM
ok, I try to be creative and sometimes it works,BUT want more ideas

got any??

mrs.john
04-25-2003, 04:31 AM
meatballs, tacos, cheeseburger mac, lasange, bacon double cheeseburger pizza, hamburger gravy, meatloaf

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-25-2003, 04:38 AM
made all of these..lol I even make hamburger potato soup..yummy and creamy!!It's a french dish, my mom is French born and raised...no name calling..lol she has her U.S. citizenship..took the test 30 years ago..lol

any more?

justme23
04-25-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by DAVESBABYDOLL
made all of these..lol I even make hamburger potato soup..yummy and creamy!!It's a french dish, my mom is French born and raised...no name calling..lol she has her us citizenship..took the test 30 years ago..lol

any more?

I would love to try this dish, could you share it w/ us pls pls?

Lora_1994
04-25-2003, 04:58 AM
chili mac

sloppy joes

zuchinni casserole

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-25-2003, 05:04 AM
honeybear39429 you rock girl..but you know that already huh? lol BIG THANKS!!

anyone else want to add

hamburger potato soup

1 to 1 1/2 pound hamburger
1 med to large onion diced
potatos (I use about 8 or 9)cut up -I use small chunks
butter-up to one stick..I use 1/2 to 3/4
salt/pepper
3 bay leaf
milk
1/2 cup half n half
water

fry hamburger until 1/2 done,add potatos and onions..cook until potatos are done some can be brown add milk and half/half enough to cover ,cook for 5 min add water and butter to desired amount I fill my pot..add salt pepper to taste add bay leaf (3)simmer for as long as you wish..for thick,thick soup add a rue of milk and flower

*note can also add ground pork (1/2)

enjoy!!

Ashlee
04-25-2003, 05:59 AM
I dont know the name of this-but someone else may-my hubby makes it ocasionally. I personally dont like it-but he's a huge fan

Fry your hamburger, he uses taco seasoning or lipton soup mix--Take one of those huge peppers, not bell, bigger than that (don't know name) cut pepper in middle but not completely open-try to deseed. Mix a light batter. Roll pepper in--start frying rolling around and around--as it starts to get down-put meat inside slit along with cheese, but do this before it gets to soft? Maybe that sorda made sense. Someone else may know what this is called, he got this from granny-she's a little cajun french and mexican-

justme23
04-25-2003, 07:08 AM
Ok, forgive me, but I'm still a baby in the learning stages of cooking... so how much milk? I do not know how to guestimate or do by taste, I'm just not quite that advanced yet... and thx so much, I can't wait to try this!! Oh yeah, we don't eat onion in this house... would it be ok if I left the onion out and maybe added some onion powder for flavor? Hubby would throw it down the drain if he saw an onion, so I have to do onions w/ powder.

Carmen42
04-25-2003, 07:45 AM
http://www.allrecipes.com/

This is an AWESOME website and I get tons of yummy recipes....There are a lot of good hamburger ones. Happy Hunting ;) :D :cool:

DIRKSWIFE4
04-25-2003, 07:46 AM
My MIL does a wonderful meatball ....

All you need is

Hamburger
italian bread crumbs
dried onion
tomato soup

mix all but Tom. soup bake until done
drain
put in pot simmer in Tom soup.

They taste so so good!!!!!

another favorite of my kids....

brown burger/ drain
make mac n cheese as normal
mix in burger
add jar of spagetti sause

YUMMY!!!!

justme23
04-25-2003, 07:47 AM
Oh, Davesbabydoll, pls oh pls tell me how much milk and if the onion powder is ok... you said 1/2 cup of half and half but not how much milk. I confuse easily. :(

suzziq03
04-25-2003, 07:50 AM
taco salad, loose meat sandwiches ( chop it and cover with cheese ), poor mans pie, tostada's, meatball soup ( alvondigas -sp? ),

smeans
04-25-2003, 07:50 AM
One of my favorites

spaghetti pizza

Ingredients
1 8 oz (224 grm). package spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
1 egg
1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
2 cups (475 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic salt
1 16 oz (448 grm). jar spaghetti sauce
1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
1/4 tsp (1 ml) basil
4 oz (112 grm). pepperoni sausage, sliced
Preparation
Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and cool.
Beat egg in large bowl, add milk, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the mozzarella cheese, salt and garlic salt.
Stir in cooked spaghetti, mix well.
Spread mixture evenly in greased 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees (175 C.).
Spread sauce over spaghetti.
Sprinkle with oregano, basil and the remaining 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mozzarella cheese.
Top with pepperoni, return to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before cutting

i add different things to mine like sausage,onion,peppers,and spam.mmmmmm (if youve never tried it spam is excellent on pizza)

smeans
04-25-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by DIRKSWIFE4
My MIL does a wonderful meatball ....

All you need is

Hamburger
italian bread crumbs
dried onion
tomato soup

mix all but Tom. soup bake until done
drain
put in pot simmer in Tom soup.

They taste so so good!!!!!

another favorite of my kids....

brown burger/ drain
make mac n cheese as normal
mix in burger
add jar of spagetti sause

YUMMY!!!!

mmmmmm!!! that sounds good. im saving this;)

DIRKSWIFE4
04-25-2003, 08:07 AM
ya know when my SD made this and put Tom soup in it I thought YUCK...but Im tellin ya its excellent.

Also another (sorry off topic) thing she makes that are excellent is baked beans.

She uses canned pork n beans
lb of bacon
dried onion
syrup (yes syrup)
mix, bake til thickened

smeans
04-25-2003, 08:13 AM
MMMMMMMMM

Merryg
04-25-2003, 08:32 AM
http://forums.bigbigsavings.com/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=265688

Hope this helps! ;)

unicorn9149
04-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Has anyone tried the Kraft FreshPrep? You use your ground beef? I bought the Mexican Style Lasagna to try this week-end. They als have classic Lsagna, Fiesta Taco Diner Bake and 3 chicken dinners

gemini26
04-25-2003, 09:41 AM
You can wrap some ground meat up along with any veggies you want and cream of mushroom or chicken or any cream soup in tin foil and barbecue. Its called hobo stew. Its great because everyone can make it as they like. Ingredients we have used include hamburger meat or other types of meat, potatoes, mixed veggies, broccoli, green chile, cream soup of some kind, anything really. Just make sure and flatten everything down as much as possible so it all cooks all the way. Very easy to make (and everyone gets to make theirs as they like which is great!) and super easy clean up! I also add some seasonings.

songbird99
04-25-2003, 10:08 AM
I have a good one. I does take some prep time but it is well worth it.

Take a brown 2 lls ground beef along with 2 lg or 3 sm potatoes diced to be about a 1/4 of a inch big. You can add onions if you want and add your favorite seasoning. after it is browned, drain. Shred about a pound of your favorited cheese..ie sharp chedder works great. put about a 1/4 of a cup of mixture with a little bit of cheese and a sliver of a green ortega chille into a wonton (egg roll) wrapper and fold up like a egg roll or a burrito and fry until brown. You can dip this in salsa or we mix sour cream and salsa and use this for a dip.
Not the healthist of meals but it is sure good.

adair
04-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Swiss Steak

Make up hamburger patties and brown in frying pan. Place in baking dish, pour a can of diced tomatoes over it, add some chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, and mushrooms.

Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for about an hour.

covergerl
04-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Here's another for you:

This is a recipe from Puerto Rico, hopefully your grocer has a Goya section.;)

Empanadas (Meat Pastries)

Ingredients:

1 pkg of Ground meat (turkey or beef)
1 tablespoon of spanish stuffed olives diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons of vegeatable or canola oil
1 medium onion diced
1 bay leaf
1/2 can of Goya tomato sauce
1/2 medium green pepper diced
Goya Sofrito (in the frozen food section)
Goya discs (in the frozen food section)
Seasonings (to taste): salt, pepper, Adobo powder & 1 envelope of Sazon (both in the GOYA aisle), oregano, basil.

Add oil to frying pan, when hot place onion, green pepper and 1 tablespoon of sofrito*. Season meat and add olives, and bay leaf. Place in frying pan, when browned add tomato sauce, cook until sauce has been almost all absorbed.

In another deep frying pan, heat up vegatable oil, begin placing meat inside of the Goya Discs**, just like a turnover. One spoonful and close sides, with a fork press down edges. They should look like shell shapes. Fry a couple at once until both sides are slightly brown. Let sit on paper towels awhile and enjoy.

* Sofrito= is a Puerto Rican seasoning made by pureeing cilantro, garlic, onions, peppersand other herbs in olive oil. It is sold frozen in small tubs and can be used as a rub for all meats and also to add flavor to beans and other foods.

**Goya Discs= Small premade pastry round shells, sold in packs of 8-10 in the frozen food section.

These make great appetizers and/ or finger food.

CHERNL
04-25-2003, 10:31 AM
Hubbys Mom's stuffed peppers
1 lb burger
1 egg
1/2 c. rice (raw)
chopped onion if desired
Worcestershire sauce and powdered beef bullion
4 bell peppers
Big can of vegetable juice (V8-like)

Mix beef, egg, rice, onion, 1 tsp bullion powder and 2 T Worcestershire (and salt, pepper, whatever seasonings you like). Stuff into peppers. Put peppers in a tall saucepan where they fit tightly enough to stand upright. Cover with juice. Sprinkle with additional T of bullion powder. Boil gently for 2-3 hrs, adding juice as needed.

The rice cooks in the vegetable juice. And I get the bullion powder at Big Lots for 34 cents. This is my hubbys favorite--he asks for it on all special occasions. And it is good!

tsquared
04-25-2003, 10:32 AM
If you all would make these and send them to tsquared just think i wouldn't have to cook for a month........not sure i want Denisemm to send anything unless she wants to bring it in person.........ooopppppsssss.........

redrig
04-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Take a pound of burger and make 8 patties

Get some stuffing mix, hot water, BBQ sauce and mix together so stuffing is moist.

Put stuffing on top of one patty, cover with another patty and seal edges. Pour some BBQ sauce on top

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes

Ladytiger
04-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

1 pound ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate. Cook beef and onion until beef is brown; drain. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with salt and cheese.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.

denisemm
04-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by tsquared
If you all would make these and send them to tsquared just think i wouldn't have to cook for a month........not sure i want Denisemm to send anything unless she wants to bring it in person.........ooopppppsssss.........

I wouldn't know what to wear. ;)

tsquared
04-25-2003, 05:45 PM
i dont think that has ever been a problem before

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-25-2003, 05:57 PM
some of these sound great and pretty easy...thanks and keep them coming!! :D

I pm'd a few of you :)

ckerr4
04-25-2003, 06:56 PM
Tater Tot Casserole is one of my favorites with ground beef:)

(And it's soooo easy - brown the ground beef, drain, mix up with a can of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, according to your tastes, then spread in a casserole dish, cover with tater tots, then backe according the tater tot directions. When done, sprinkle top with shredded cheese, stick back in the oven briefly to melt, then it's ready! Yummy with ketchup!)

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-25-2003, 07:02 PM
ckerr4 it's awesome I make this!!! yummy...:D

movie nut
04-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Zatarain's mixes (Cajun/Creole style); Dirty Rice, Chicken Creole (have also used hamburger; thought it worked well).

sheila_361
04-25-2003, 09:31 PM
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Make meat mixture like you would for a meatloaf, soak cabbage leaves in some boiling water until soft, remove from water, put meat mixture in middle of cabbage, roll up fasten with toothpicks put in a casserole dish, continue with this till no more cabbage leaves and meat mixture, cover with tomato sauce and bake in oven at about 350 for about 45 mins. to an hour. YUMMMMMMMMMMY!!

DAVESBABYDOLL
04-26-2003, 03:52 AM
MMMMMMMMM :)

unicorn1236969
04-26-2003, 07:05 AM
A difference taste to your hamburger sandwich
I use the same recipe for meatball but use finely ground crackers (don't add too much just enough to hold meat together) and
add 1/2 tsp hickory smoke per lbs(liquid kind) with the egg
stuff cheese in between the patties

my family still ask for this all the time

also great for outdoor cooking

gemini26
04-26-2003, 07:20 AM
Salisbury steak- mix meat, an egg, bread crumbs (I use flavored), salt, pepper, and any other spice you like, and onions or dried onions if you like them. Shape into oval patties and cook and brown. Use either a couple cans of beef broth or about 4 cubes that make the broth and add to the meat once it is browned and mostly cooked through. Chop up some onions and mushrooms and add to top of meat before adding broth. Then cover and let simmer until meat is completely done and veggies cooked. Take meat out and thicken gravy with a cornstarch and cold water mixture or however you make gravy. Really, really good. If you or kids or whoever don't like the onions and mushrooms I just strain some gravy so that that stuff is not in there or they can pick it off, lol. Hope this helps.

2chevys
05-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Tullerini

1 lb hamburger-cook and drain
2 cloves garlic-minced
1 onion-diced
1 bell pepper-diced
1 jar salsa
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese

Mix all and put in a 9 x 12 baking dish. Top with additional cheese and bake 350 for 1/2 hour. Can be frozen-then cook for 1 1/2 hours at 350.

SOS

1 lb hamburger
gravy mix or use cream of mushroom soup
bisquick

Follow bisquick directions and make biscuits. Brown hamburger. Add gravy or gravy mix (prepared). Serve Hamburger gravy over biscuts.

Dragonfairie
05-03-2003, 12:21 PM
this is all "to taste" and cook however much you want/need. I take about a pound and a half and cook it with chili powder, onions and garlic "mexican style", then mix some picante sauce (like a 8oz jar)with the meat, take crushed up/broken tortilla chips or taco shells and layer with shredded cheese in a casserole pan, then bake until it is all heated and the cheese is melted

quill
05-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Midwestern Hot dish

Brown hamburger & drain
add
cream of mushroom soup
chopped onions
diced peppers or Just black pepper
mushrooms (fresh or canned)
cooked egg noodles (I use no yolk kind)
stir up and heat.

We usually serve it with garlic toast.

This also reheats nicely (my hubby takes it on lunch with him)

Tadbit
05-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Apple Jelly Meatballs, real easy, just make a bunch of meat balls out of hamburger, season with salt, pepper, etc., brown in oven or on top of stove. Put Apple jelly, (Not apple butter) in a sauce pan and melt on stove. Then put meatballs in and simmer.
Mulligan Stew. This is great for leftovers. Brown and season about 1 and half to two pounds of hamburger, drain. Boil about 8 or so potatoes and cut up a bunch of carrots to boil with this, or you can use canned potatoes and carrots to save time. Mix in with hamburger, and a couple of cans of mixed vegtables and a can of corn, a couple of can of tomatoes sauce, and season it to taste. You can also add onion powder or chopped onions to this. You may also need to add a little water if it's too thick.
Mushroom Burgers - Take a pound or two of hamburger, add one pkg. of Lipton Onion soup mix, 2 eggs, about 12 small cracker squares, crumbled. Make into patties, and brown. Cover with one can of cream of Mushroom soup and 1 half can of milk or water. Simmer until soup mixture and hambrgers are hot. You can serve this with rice, noodles, etc.
Taco casserole
Brown hamburger (enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan, about two pounds) add taco seasoning and 1 can of tomatoe sauce.
Layer half of it on bottom of casserole dish, cover with taco chips, then add a layer of cheese, then the rest of the meat, then chips again and then cover all with cheese. Bake in oven on 400* until cheese is melted and slightly brown on top. This can be served with taco sauce, fresh diced onions,sour cream, black oilves, or any other topping you might put on taco.

SueShopper
05-03-2003, 10:00 PM
My mom would make these, and I made them one night ..and my hubby doesn't even like meatloaf, but he likes these.
-------------------------------
Mini meatloaf balls:

1 lb. ground meat
1 raw egg
1 cup bread crumbs
salt/pepper/garlic powder/any seasoning you prefer

5-6 boiled eggs *whole, peeled*
1 jar spaghetti sauce

-----------------------------
Mix ground meat, raw egg, bread crumbs & seasoning.

Form thin patties out of this mixture..take two patties & wrap around a boiled egg making sure to enclose the entire egg with the mixture evenly around it.

Top with the spaghetti sauce, bake 350 degrees for about 35-50 minutes
Serve with your favorite pasta. Top with parmesan cheese.

(The egg in the middle makes it quicker to bake, since it's not solid meat throughout..and it tastes good mixed in the ground meat)

1busymomma
05-03-2003, 10:04 PM
No recipes, but I am drooling and sitting here with spoon and fork in hand waiting for samples...............

Gumball1960
05-04-2003, 12:15 AM
I haven't made this yet but am planning to this week. What about Taco Wrap Sandwiches? Use 1 lb. hamburger and a packet of taco seasoning and make the taco filling. Then use a large flour tortilla and spread a thin layer of the filling in the middle. Add shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, lettuce & chopped tomatoes in thin layers. Then fold up the bottom and roll up the sides for a wrap. :)

hotwheelstx
05-04-2003, 02:39 AM
We eat hamburger a LOT around here. Aggie loves the stuff.

Here's a couple we eat regularly

1 lb. hamburger
cook until browned. Add 1 packet of onion or mushroom soup mix. Add garlic, powder, salt or chopped garlic, 1 large can of beans white, kidney, pinto, blackeyed, black, red, northern, lima...........whatever you prefer it makes no difference. 1 large can of whole kernal corn. Let it all cook together. Well, cook the meat first and drain off fat.

Then, I either add 1 can of mushroom soup, tomato sauce or spaghetti, canned grave mix. Heat thru.

I ususally serve it w/salad, french bread/large loaf over noodle or rice, toast. Aggie really likes it. It was one of those days when I couldn't come up w/ANYTHING. I just started opening cans. IT WORKED.

Here's another:

1 lb. hamburger cooked/drained
1 C chopped onion. I use the soup mix
1 C shredded cheese (any kind you like).
1/2 C Bisquik
1 C Milk
2 eggs
1 Small can of whole mushrooms

Cook hamburger w/seasonings, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, drain.

Mix Bisquik w/eggs, milk (like pancake batter). I use a small cake pan or pie pan spray w/cooking spray. Pour meat in baking dish first spread evenly. Pour Bisquik mix on top and cover w/as much cheese as you like. Bake at 400 for about 30 mins. I watch it so the cheese doesn't burn.

Helpful hint: Since I'm home during the day most days. So, I cook the meat during the day refrigerate..................Then, about 45 mins. before we want to eat I turn on oven mix and put in oven. Works out great.

1 lb. hamburger w/salt, pepper, garlic, onion. Mix and cook all together. Drain well.

1 can of Mushroom or broccoli and cheese soup. Delute w/milk as much as you like but not real soupy. Pour over hamburger mixture. heat thru. Serve w/noodles.

1 lb. of hamberger

Spices to your liking garlic, salt, pepper, onion.

1 pk. of shredded cheese (any kind you like) makes no difference

1 pk. hoagie style rolls

1 can/jar tomato or spaghetti sauce

Cook and drain meat well. Mix tomato sauce or spaghetti over meat mixture.

Put into buns. Add cheese and cover for about 4 mins. til chesses melts. These are really good. Serve w/either salad, veggie medley, chips.

Sometimes I will add a small can of mushrooms to this as well. Aggie doesn't like mushrooms much so I'll just put them on mine.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NoFoolPrice
05-04-2003, 02:59 AM
I loved this when we had a big old summer garden:
Fry up some hamburger, onions and garlic. Add fresh peeled tomatoes and a bunch of zucchini. Cook it a few minutes till zucchini is tender. Stir in grated cheddar and top with parmesan. (Not that stuff out of a green can, we should all know better than that by now). This goes great with garlic bread.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-04-2003, 06:08 AM
TACO SOUP (anyone do this yet?)

1 to 1 1/2 hamburger
2 cans corn
2 cans kidney beans
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 can tomatos (diced)
2 cans tomato sauce (small)
onion (chopped)
shreeded chedder
sour cream
freeto's

brown hamburger add onions cook until tender,add all can ingredients including liquid,add tomotos and sauce. add taco mix stir well cook for 1/2 hour on low/med heat

pour in bowls top with shreeded cheeder cheese corn chips and sour cream

yummmy!!!! one of our favorites!!! ENJOY!! :D

Juli67
05-04-2003, 03:22 PM
spaghetti and meatballs

queenangie
05-04-2003, 05:39 PM
This is a regional favorite here. Layer on individual plates to serve.

Bottom layer: 2 pieces of white toast
Next layer: Cooked Hamburger meat/hamburger patty/ham/shrimp/turkey
Next layer: Cooked French fries
Topping: White sauce with cheese, and some beer stirred in.

Options: Cooked onions, mushrooms

Serve piping hot.

A "Pony Shoe" has only 1 piece of toast and 1/2 the other ingredients for a smaller appetite.

Most cooks will have these ingredients right in their kitchen cupboards. Give the rest of the can of beer to your DH to enjoy with his Horse Shoe.

The original recipe came from a local bar and almost every restaurant in town serves some version of this dish.

gemini26
05-05-2003, 09:07 AM
Glad you liked it baby frog. I don't like mushrooms or onions so that is why I don't put it in the meat. I just add it over the meat and make the gravy. Then I just strain the gravy so I don't have to eat the rooms and onions. I use fresh onions as well but the dehydtrated works well since you let it simmer in the broth for a bit. I also change my bread crumb flavorings for a bit of a different taste each time.