PDA

View Full Version : I Am Sandytrap's Easter Exchange Person!!!

Candice
04-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Hello... I saw what everyone had to say when Sandy posted what I had said so, now... I'm gonna post and let everyone know that I'm not some horrible person that tried to stiff Sandy out of her easter exchange. My feelings were pretty hurt after I saw what everyone said... I wasn't sure if I should post this or not but I figure I better or I might keep getting bad mouthed! She posted that she was having some money problems so I wasn't sure if she was still going to do the exchange so I PM'd the exchange leader to ask if Sandy still wanted to do the exchange because I know she's having problems and it'd be one less thing to worry about... she said she hadn't heard anything from her and gave me her e-mail address. So, I e-mail her asking if she still wants to do the exchange and I get no response and I think I got my package 1 or 2 days after that but I wasn't online for awhile because I had too much going on that week with school, doctors and my daughter.. and all that. But anyways! (sorry this is so long!!) I come back on after things at home are back to normal and I e-mail Sandy again asking if she still wanted the easter stuff or not.. because who wants old easter candy after easter? I never said I would only send if she e-mailed me back, I just wanted to know if she wanted something else. Geeze... I don't know why she blew it up like she did, but whatever. No biggie... just wanted to get my side out there. :D I've got a toy for her son, an outfit for the one on the way and was just trying to find out what she wanted. I've been talking with one of her friends about it... so, yeah. That's it. So hopefully Sandy see's this too... and this can all be resolved.

Candice

Oh, I almost forgot.. I did e-mail her twice, if you'd like to see the e-mails, I'd be happy to forward them...
Candice4avon@aol.com

memphistn
04-25-2003, 02:39 AM
My mother always said, if you dont have anything nice to say, DONT say anything at all. That is why I am holding my tongue.

justme23
04-25-2003, 03:28 AM
Well I'm glad you posted and I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt (and sandy got hers hurt too)... I hope this gets resolved and everybody can hug and be friends again. :)

~MK~
04-25-2003, 05:12 AM
This is EXACTLY why I don't do those exchanges

jayhawkfan
04-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Well Candice I think its a great thing that you thought enough to ask her if she wanted something other than the candy. I may be in the minority but Im glad you at least tried. {{{{Candice}}}}

hiltonqueen
04-25-2003, 06:35 AM
I posted this on her post too...

I'm actually comunicating with the person that was your exchangee. She didn't explain why she was late, but wants to make up for it & the reason why she didn't want to get you Easter stuff is because it is now "after Easter".... see? I understand why you are mad, but the fact that she wants to make it good is great ... I still haven't gotten my St. Patty's day box
I'm a nut really, for butting into everyones business, but if I can help someone get thier end of an exchange gone bad, I'll try my hardest

Ashlee
04-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Just hoping everything works out and everybody can smile!

ahippiechic
04-25-2003, 07:08 AM
I still don't understand why you just didn't send the package when you were suppossed to. :confused:

Kelsey1224
04-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Machande_Kennels
This is EXACTLY why I don't do those exchanges

yep!

wingsfan
04-25-2003, 08:34 AM
I'll say it again.... "JUST SEND THE D@MN BOX!!"

Tasha405
04-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
I still don't understand why you just didn't send the package when you were suppossed to. :confused: I'm not trying to be mean but I still don't understand that either.

Princess4J
04-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by jayhawkfan
Well Candice I think its a great thing
that you thought enough to ask her if she
wanted something other than the candy.
I may be in the minority but Im glad
you at least tried. {{{{Candice}}}}

{{{CANDICE}}}

JoanieV2
04-25-2003, 09:38 AM
{{{Candice}}} First off, I want to say that I would have done what you did--- wait. Sandy was in the process of moving from Florida to Virginia, so it would not have made sense to ship something to Florida and it not make it there before they moved.

JMHO - if you knew you were moving at this time, this exchange should have been passed over and waited for the next one. It would have saved all the hassle over this.

P.S. I wasn't going to say anything, but since no one else is on Candice's side in this, I just had to. I really believe she did the right thing. Also, Sandy had posted at one time that the box was misplaced in their move so hers might be late....

lpelham
04-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Maybe I missunderstood the situation but Candice did say:

She posted that she was having some money problems so I wasn't sure if she was still going to do the exchange so I PM'd the exchange leader to ask if Sandy still wanted to do the exchange because I know she's having problems and it'd be one less thing to worry about.

Sounds to me like she was trying to be considerate. I have gotten myself into situations where I ordered something (candy, gift paper, etc.) then when the time comes, I really don't have the $$$ and wish I could just cancel my order.

There is always two sides of a story and I am glad Candice posted. It seems to me like it was just a miscommunication - which happens ALOT in emails.

Libby

lpelham
04-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by zitra
But she also had said the two days after she had PM'd the exchange leader she recieved Sandy's package. IMO her package should have been sent out then. She said she wanted ot see if the still wanted it. I still stand by the fact that if she did not want it she would not have participated in the exchange.

Yeah, but then didn't she say she wondered if she still wanted to do Easter stuff? I don't think she was trying to get out of it and not send anything. I don't know either of them, but am just trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Libby

harloo
04-25-2003, 12:54 PM
IMO, before coming to the board with a vent about a exchange of trade going bad, I try all possible solutions. If the person does not answer emails, or don't let me know what's going on then I do wonder. However, most of the time it turns out that someone is having problems, or busy.

I do like recieving my end of trades quickly, but I realize things do happen and I just try to work it out.

In this case, it seems Candice tried to communicate with Sandytrap. She was not trying to run away from her obligation. However, Candice you should realize why Sandytrap is upset. IMO, it was a special trade for Easter. Many people like to feel special on Easter, and certain holidays and that's why they participate in these exchanges.

Hope both of you can work it out!:)

Candice
04-25-2003, 01:07 PM
I know Sandy has every right to be upset. She should be because she didn't get her end of the deal. I didn't say I was worried about the candy going bad, I just didn't think she would want easter candy after easter. That's all I was waiting for. By time I got her package, hers would not have made it on time to her... so since I knew it would be late, I thought she might want something else instead. That's why I didn't just send the package. I thought I was doing the right thing but I guess not...

OX_Love_OX
04-25-2003, 01:13 PM
Have you mailed it yet? If you have then it will most likely resolve the problem.

Candice
04-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Not yet, I'm working on it though, it'll be shipped on Saturday.. I'm just looking for a few more things. I thought she might want some maternity clothes... I saw she was looking for some but since she won't talk to me, I'm just gonna get some feel good stuff like someone suggested to me. Hopefully it will be resolved after she gets her box. I'm just worried she's not gonna want it since she doesn't like me too much... hopefully she'll still use it though.

ahippiechic
04-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by zitra
But she also had said the two days after she had PM'd the exchange leader she recieved Sandy's package. IMO her package should have been sent out then. She said she wanted ot see if the still wanted it. I still stand by the fact that if she did not want it she would not have participated in the exchange.

I agree. Just send the box already.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Candice
Not yet, I'm working on it though, it'll be shipped on Saturday.. I'm just looking for a few more things. I thought she might want some maternity clothes... I saw she was looking for some but since she won't talk to me, I'm just gonna get some feel good stuff like someone suggested to me. Hopefully it will be resolved after she gets her box. I'm just worried she's not gonna want it since she doesn't like me too much... hopefully she'll still use it though.

sandy DOES NOT have access to a puter and to access one for A HALF HOUR costs her $4, so the emails you sent her might not have gotten to her if her inbox was full. i dont think she said anythign about not liking you, sandy is a very understanding person. all just a misunderstanding. im sure she will like whatever you send her.

Xica
04-25-2003, 04:57 PM
{{{Candice}}} stop explaining yourself to people who have nothing to do with it, you owe them NOTHING.

FishmansBetrHalf, I agree. Hugs to you too :)

FMDiva
04-25-2003, 05:11 PM
((( Candice )))

I agree with what FishmansBetrHalf and Parlier has said.

Tasha405
04-25-2003, 05:17 PM
I don't see where anyone was being mean to her. We were just trying to figure out why she didn't send the package even after she received hers. If people don't want to know what other people think or whatever then why post something. I'm not trying to be mean but I just don't see where anyone was mean to her.