PDA

View Full Version : What's up with that?

cherish328
04-24-2003, 11:19 PM
I had a thread going a while back about my smoring DH. Well, since then I have discovered that my dog snores too...And just as bad! It's like dualing pianos or something...who can snore the loudest....What is up with that?

I think that I have PMS, everything is really ticking me off today!

justme23
04-24-2003, 11:38 PM
I so know how you feel... my hubby snores loud enough my bird often wakes up and starts screeching in the night... but doesn't wake him, so he's oblivious to it (the man could sleep through a train wreck)... and he wakes me up from a sound sleep sometimes, I'll nudge him and tell him to roll over, he'll grunt and go to snoring again... so I push harder... then he yells at ME for disturbing HIS sleep... I would say MEN!... but I guess SNORERS! is more appropriate. lol

mesue
04-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Hmmm I am a snorer, my daughter told me recently about how she used to sneak out her window at night to see her friends and then sneak back in, I said OMG what if one of us would have woke up and you could've been hurt if we thought you were a burglar to this she replied Daddy could not have heard me for your snoring. Get your hubby to a doctor and get a sleep study done, he may have sleep apnea which is life threatening. As for the poor dog I guess hes on his own.

DreamWarrior
04-25-2003, 04:06 AM
:::backs out of this thread giggling:::

MsLynn
04-25-2003, 05:39 AM
boy i'm glad she isn't in my house, lmao, she'd shoot me, i snore louder than anyone

hotwheelstx
04-25-2003, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by cherish328
I had a thread going a while back about my smoring DH. Well, since then I have discovered that my dog snores too...And just as bad! It's like dualing pianos or something...who can snore the loudest....What is up with that?

I think that I have PMS, everything is really ticking me off today!

Ditto..................Same here. Toddie 1 1/2 years old (Toy Pom), Bandit 18 years old and last but not least.................Aggie does too. I'm out numbered here.

Started sleeping in the guest room or on the futon in the livingroom. Still can hear the gears shifting ALL NIGHT LONG. I've now resorted to sleeping in the day. I couldn't/wouldn't/can't survive any other way.

Aggie won't go to a sleep clinic, dr. or anything. Thinks it's "normal". Still he tosses and turns. Noise goes from low then engine starts and there's no stopping it....................NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU WAKE HIM UP AND TURN HIM OVER.

:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

cherish328
04-25-2003, 07:28 AM
All I know is that someone has to go, and I'm not leaving my bed...looks like hubby and dog can sleep in the other room...I've lost enough sleep over this.....What gets me is hubby always wants to know why I stay up so late....I told him it was so I could run myself down so I could sleep....I think that he thinksw that I am crazy....I still say that it is PMS...

katzenberg
04-25-2003, 10:49 AM
it can also be cause by breathing throught your mouth

gonzo
04-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Hubby, my cat Misty and my dog snore, so one night I tape recorded them all. First the cat then the dog then hubby. I woke him up and played the tape for him to hear. Now he knows why I can't sleep. We did buy a humidifier and that seems to help a little. He also uses a spray called Snor Enz that we Walmart has and it seems to keep the snoring down to a low rumble.
I have resorted to taking over the counter sleeping pills when it gets really bad.

mesue
04-25-2003, 03:47 PM
If you can get them to a sleep study your regular dr can order it, they will feel so much better basically their struggling to breathe and their bodies are being deprived of oxygen, this can effect certain organs and cause big poblems later on down the road. Some of them may have sleep apnea. The test showed that I did and that as a result I woke up 42 times in a 6 hour period, I did not know that I was awake the brains scan thing showed that I was nor was I aware that I was having to struggle to make myself breathe 42 times in one night. This is life threatening in many ways and also contributes to weight gain because your body needs oxygen to burn fat and so the reason a lot of people who snore are overweight isn't necessarily the culprit but the cause of both problems; that is not to say normal weight people can't snore and have sleep apnea but the problem is that as a result they are more prone to gain weight easier. I have been snoring since anyone can remember and we all including myself thought it was just a joke, I remember once someone said to my Aunt who was visiting, "Oh you thought there was a freight train going by last night, oh no thats just Sue, your lucky shes ususally louder than she was last night." It is funny but it can also be life threatening as it was in my case, get them to a dr. if you can convince them to go. Good Luck!