PDA

View Full Version : Did ya catch the Chicks interview?

janelle
04-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Diane Sawyer mentioned some web sites that are bashing the celebs for their anti-war stance. Know the addys if any. I think they would be funny. Equal time for the sites that bash the president.

mrsswede
04-25-2003, 12:32 AM
janelle, the only site I know of is www.cmt.com They mainly bash the Dixie Chicks, but occasionally they bash others. If you go there, go to their message board, although they get bashed on every board there. It gets pretty rough at times. Humorous, yet sad. If you want bashing, tho, there is plenty of it there.

janelle
04-25-2003, 12:45 AM
I think these boards are suppose to be funny talking about the celebs. Like the Bush bashing sites.

smeans
04-25-2003, 06:02 AM
i LOVED it when they quoted Theodore Roosevelt!!

cpbaby
04-25-2003, 06:33 AM
I heard a commercial on the radio yesterday that said the Dixie Chicks were COUNTRY with the O-R-Y removed!

After I thought about it, I almost fell over!

wingsfan
04-25-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by smeans
i LOVED it when they quoted Theodore Roosevelt!!

HEHEHEHE...found it...check out my sig :D

smeans
04-25-2003, 06:35 AM
rofl i was aiming to look that one up myself.;) :D

LOVE your new sig. lol

hiltonqueen
04-25-2003, 06:49 AM
To me, she didn't seem to be sorry for what she said. They seemed to be a little hardheaded & held onto thier beliefs (which is fine), but sorry that they said it because of the dip in record sales.

"People" tent to get carried away with stuff & death threats are obsurd & crazy.... over what she said.

This thing might still blow over, but it could turn into a Sinead O'Conner thing too

smeans
04-25-2003, 06:56 AM
after the interview was over diane sawyer said their album had dropped to 9. then my local news came on and said that since the interview took place, their album had done went back up to 3.

i dont think that she felt sorry either. which is fine with me. stick to your guns. lol

justme23
04-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by janelle
I think these boards are suppose to be funny talking about the celebs. Like the Bush bashing sites.

Kinda ironic that you find fault in Natalie bashing the president but compare a bush bashing site to the funny sites bashing celebs... So which is it... it IS ok to bash the president or it's not?

janelle
04-25-2003, 10:25 AM
I think if it's done in good humor it's ok for any and all bashing. We aren't Iraq. I would like to see the balance though which these web sites would give.