PDA

View Full Version : DA in Peterson case to....

aimefisher
04-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Seek the DEATH PENALTY. He announced this during a taping of the John Walsh show.

works4me
04-24-2003, 02:47 PM
Well, I would hope so

momfromTN
04-24-2003, 03:32 PM
I thought CA didn't have the death penalty? I guess I am behind the times! Good. If he is found guilty, he can fry for all I care. Or better, let him become the love slave of the prisoners, and suffer the rest of his life. Bubba and Tiny will LOOOOOVVVEEEE him!

MsLynn
04-25-2003, 05:07 PM
they have what they call " SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES" , they can seek the death penalty if a crime meets certian criteria, IE... multiple (like this one) victims. or was especiall heinious (torture), or involved small children, or like nuns or police officers.

SO GOOD, HE DESERVES IT.

FireFox1973
04-25-2003, 05:53 PM
The death penalty is way too good more hime. Hours of torture and a slow agonizing death would be sooooo much better.

justme23
04-26-2003, 03:37 AM
I don't agree w/ the death penalty, aside from the fact that it's just not a harsh enough penalty (how many of you faced w/ being in a cell for the next 60 years wouldn't rather die... it's too easy and usually what they want anyways), it's just wrong... you can't 'right' one wrong (murder) by committing another one (murder). State sanctioned murder is just WRONG. Now commense to bashing me. :)

And I know noone has said it yet, but before it DOES come up... the cost of the injection isn't the only cost of the death penalty... it's VERY EXPENSIVE, usually costing between 1 and 3 million dollars JUST for the first trial which is all tax payer moneys and non capitol murder cases only cost about 60k, BIG difference... this does not include mandatory appeals and the state appointed attorneys that usually come w/ them since they usually lose their high dollar attorneys... all in all, it costs close to 5 million dollars to put someone to death... do you know how many inmates could be housed in 'general population' for appx 60 years for that amount of money? ALOT!

Dalis
04-26-2003, 05:18 AM
Well said Justme...I agree with you..
I think it would be more harsh to be in
prison for life and have to deal with those
imates who don't look favorable on men who kill women
and babies...

Justice will be served one way or another..

Just my opinion.

sharinbo
04-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Assuming he did it:
I think that when they figure out exactly what he did to Laci, he should have the same thing done to him. Of course THAT won't happen. Let them give him the death penalty...then he can spend the next 10-12 years on death row to get the full "jail experience".

justme23
04-26-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by sharinbo
Assuming he did it:
I think that when they figure out exactly what he did to Laci, he should have the same thing done to him. Of course THAT won't happen. Let them give him the death penalty...then he can spend the next 10-12 years on death row to get the full "jail experience".

Yes, that would be a nice thought, cept it doesn't happen... ppl on death row only leave their cells one hour a day and it's not to be w/ the general population... they are never in w/ the general population ever...infact in most cases, they aren't even in the same building w/ the 'general population'... they live in their cells all by themselves, only other ppl they see are docs and guards and their lawyers.

morris2b
04-26-2003, 07:15 AM
It is sad that her and the baby had to die the way that they did.........If he wanted the other woman, he should have told her he wanted a divorce, since he is claiming that she knew he was having the affair, just seems odd that she would know of the affair but the mistress knew nothing of her other than him telling her that Laci was already dead, and who is to say she is telling the truth also......IMHO

ahippiechic
04-26-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by justme23
I don't agree w/ the death penalty, aside from the fact that it's just not a harsh enough penalty (how many of you faced w/ being in a cell for the next 60 years wouldn't rather die... it's too easy and usually what they want anyways), it's just wrong... you can't 'right' one wrong (murder) by committing another one (murder). State sanctioned murder is just WRONG. Now commense to bashing me. :)

I agree. Do I line up in front of or behind you for the bashings? ;)

MsLynn
04-26-2003, 07:47 AM
we should just dump all the criminals with violent/murder crimes on an island, and let them fend for themselves and kill each other off. then the only expenses we have is a boat to patrol around the island and shoot to kill if someone tries to leave. but if we keep dumping all kinds of fishy bait stuff all around the island then there will be enough sharks to take care of anyone trying to swimm off, and then we wouldn't have to worry about them. WOOOHOOO, let them take care of each other.

justme23
04-26-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
I agree. Do I line up in front of or behind you for the bashings? ;)

Well I'm shocked, really, nobody ever agrees w/ me... now 2 of you have, I'm not sure if I should faint or jump for joy! ha! How bout we stand side by side and share it... lol

Technologist
04-26-2003, 02:56 PM
there are 600 people on death row in CA.... and they execute an average of one per year.... so even if he gets the death penalty (if he did it and is found guilty), it'll be a while before it is carried out. IF EVER!!!

justme23
04-26-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Technologist
there are 600 people on death row in CA.... and they execute an average of one per year.... so even if he gets the death penalty (if he did it and is found guilty), it'll be a while before it is carried out. IF EVER!!!

Well that's true, being in Texas and having the shameful first place as far as deaths carried out, I always forget other states aren't as bad as us.