PDA

View Full Version : Computer is going away to be analized, cleaned and memory upgraded

kidzpca
04-24-2003, 11:08 AM
Later today (about 5pm)I have a friend coming over to analize the computer for problems, clean it out and expand memory.

Thus I will be without BBS for a few days.

jaybird
04-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Say it ain't so!

:eek:

kidzpca
04-24-2003, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately, Yes it is so.

Hopefully I will be back up by Monday or Tuesday.

And also perhaps I can keep this computer a couple years longer and not have to fork over a grand or two for a whole new system.

kidzpca
04-25-2003, 07:07 PM
I'm back

jaybird
04-25-2003, 07:12 PM
YAY! Your friend didn't break it! Everything work out okay?

mrs.john
04-25-2003, 07:33 PM
My dad did that for me last weekend. We ended up just getting everything out of my pc and installing Windows XP. I love it! Trying to make this pc last until I'm done with school so I don't have to put out the money either.

Hope everything went well with yours.

kidzpca
04-26-2003, 05:18 AM
Works better. My Gateway being at least 7 years old will eventually join many other computers in the trash heap sooner than expected. The parts needed to expand memory are no longer produced.

However, the guy was able to delete many unnecessary files and useless programs in order to make the computer work more efficiently.

So....I will use this one until I find a computer I can live with and is affordable.

GAWildKat
04-26-2003, 05:45 AM
kidzpca,
How much can you spend on a computer? I can check around and see how much it will cost me to build a computer to your specs. I'm running a celeron 1.2 processor that I built last yr and I've been pleased with. Cost me about $400 to build from scratch. It's not blazing fast but does well enough for web surfing and online chatting. Let me know what you would like to do.