PDA

View Full Version : How much more can one family take?

CABANN
04-24-2003, 09:47 AM
My heart just breaks for my sister and her two kids.

Some time back my sister was diagnosed with a serious illness. She is tired and worn down all the time from her treatments plus she isn't taking care of herself as well as she should. We (her Daughter and myself) have to stay on her to eat and drink fluids. But she says she has no appetite and nothing taste good.

Her son's apendix ruptured and he was in the hospital for 19 days and had two surgeries during that time.

Her daughter is pregnant (due in June), doesn't want to tell the father of the baby because she wants to raise this baby on her own, and also the father is in and out of jail on a regular basis. My neice doesn't have a job and dropped out of college when her mom had taken ill. After she quit college her trust was stopped because she wasn't in school plus her Uncle on her dads side told her that the trust wouldn't be used to help support the baby. So neice has no job and no $$$$ coming in. But neice is trying to fight the trust that her dad had set up for the kids before he passed away.

A couple of days ago my nephew was discharged from the hospital. On his first day out of the hospital he went back up to his home near the college he was attending to pick up his bills so he could pay them. When he walked through the door he realized he was robbed while he was away. They took everything. His pc, three game systems,clothes, jackets,watches,jewlery that his dad left him when he died, dvds and player, you name it they took it. Of couse none of the neighbors had seen anything. But what gets me is that these thiefs had to have been in the house for awhile because they even made themselves some dinner and had eaten in the kitchen. The police couldn't find any fingerprints and my nephew didn't have renters insurance. Big mistake on his part.

I feel so bad for them, but I keep telling them that it can only get better.

mewoman
04-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Im sorry about your sis and family.

Does your sis have homeowners or renters insurance? If so, it does cover dependent family members at school.
Have her or one of you check into it.

CABANN
04-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by mewoman
Im sorry about your sis and family.

Does your sis have homeowners or renters insurance? If so, it does cover dependent family members at school.
Have her or one of you check into it.

Thanks for the info, I will check into it. Great advice.

Sha
04-24-2003, 08:52 PM
Sending my prayers to your family and hoping for the best for them. Seems like some people have to do things twice and hard, or endure twice as much pain in thier life...I hope things get better soon.

BeanieLuvR
04-24-2003, 09:43 PM
{{{{CABANN, sister and family}}}}

Praying for all of you.

julie_angel
04-24-2003, 10:07 PM
{{{Cabann and family}}} I am SO sorry to hear that! I know your family has been through enough already! If there is anything I can do, get in touch with me.
hugs,
Julie