PDA

View Full Version : Hubby bought a $1400.00 Lawn Mower

Libbyab
04-23-2003, 08:42 PM
He told me yesterday that ne was going to go to the John Deere place and see about buying a lawn mower.I had no idea that he would go ahead and buy one!I know that he bought it for me because I am the one that takes care of the yard because I have so many flowers and trees and bushes planted everywhere that I CAN NOT let anyone else do it.But I told him to just get a used mower for like $500 to $700 and then he calls and says he bought a $1400 mower and to top it all off he also bought a $200 weed eater!We have an electric weed eater that I used all last year.The thing is that I know he bought all this for me.But we really can not afford this.I have to give him all my internet money now to help pay for this.I had told him I would use my internet money to pay for a riding mower but not a $1400 mower.But I have got to say that damn thing is awsome!
I sure am glad he loves me.Because I know that when push comes to shove he is the one that will end up paying for this.And so does he.
But I have to say..I felt like a queen today riding around on that machine!It is huge,
Now if I can just get my dog back home I will be a happy woman.

cherish328
04-23-2003, 09:05 PM
My hubby has done the same thing....we just had 4 lawn mowers stolen, (I promise we are not like Sanford & Son's) what does he go and do, buy the most expensive one he can find....and chained it to the back porch.........

Gitty
04-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Libbyab

Enjoy it. Make up a new song that you are a mowing fool and your husband loves you. And make sure to sing it when he sees you mowing. Men alway like John Deere stuff, it's like a candy store to them!

Libbyab
04-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Gitty
You are so right! I told him today once he got home that it was a man thing.He said I was right.He said when he got back to work today after buying it all the men were there comparing.He said his chest got to stick out futhur than the others,(idiot)
But I do love the idiot.:)

Gitty
04-23-2003, 09:32 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! Now don't let him use it for tractor pulls, LOL!

Taterbo
04-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Get him to 'tune' it up for you and you can enter the NASGRASS races!!!Get him to fix up a helmet with flames on it for you to wear....:):eek: :p

Gitty
04-23-2003, 10:07 PM
ROTFLMAO, Taterbo do you do tractor pulls?

Barbi_Route66
04-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Cherish, since y'all had 4 lawn mowers stolen, do you have enough room on your property for a small shed to store your lawn mower?

It irritates me how you work hard for what you have & some creep steals your stuff.

schsa
04-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Do you have to have a license to drive one of those??

redrig
04-24-2003, 11:35 AM
My bf would love to get a riding mower, but we only have 1/2 an acre. He's lucky I don't make him use a push mower! As it is my parents gave me my grandfather's lawnmower, from 1971, thing still runs the b*lls!

MamaFairal
04-24-2003, 03:43 PM
AAHH Come on ladies.....big boy toys arent just for boys anymore!
Strap that helmet on and tear it up.......lol
I drive the biggest 4x4 truck in my town and guys are offering to buy it from me all the time......but it's 'Mamas"(that's my license plate too) big boy toy! I love it even if it takes me 2 mins to climb up into it.....lol(never mind wearing a dress anymore....lol)

freeplease
04-25-2003, 11:07 AM
for a John Deere. Those things run forever! I think he got a pretty good deal. I'd love a JD. *sigh*:p