PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant and miserable :(

cch
04-23-2003, 05:45 AM
Ugh, I usually don't post here but I am absolutely miserable! I am 17 weeks pregnant, still have morning sickness and hurt badly from carrying this child. In March the doctor chalked the sickness up to my dates being a little off, and the pain to pressure from the baby and it was "probably nothing", but when I went in yesterday and told him the nausea was getting worse and the pain just kept getting lower he was concerned. He gave me a shot in the office to help stop the nausea, which still isn't working, and scheduled an ultrasound today to find out if the baby is ok and what is causing all of this. Please pray that nothing is wrong!

odyssey
04-23-2003, 06:03 AM
{{{{{{{{{cch and baby}}}}}}}}}}}

mlathroum
04-23-2003, 06:04 AM
((((((cch))))) Hugs and Prayers for you!!

Let us know how you are and what the Dr says.

MommyG3
04-23-2003, 06:04 AM
CCH, you got it. Well, I see you have 3 other children so I guess you know this isn't the norm. I hope all is well.

morris2b
04-23-2003, 06:33 AM
I was sick like that with my first born and the Dr said eat crackers before you get out of bed......Yeah Right, that never helped, however even though I was always sick I loved being pregnant. My 2nd one kicked all of the time and boy do I miss those days :( Not sure if hubby and I will have one together or not since I am remarried now but if it happens it happens we dont try to prevent it ;) :p

dcut4
04-23-2003, 06:48 AM
I'm 26 week pregnant with my 5th. this one has been easy so far but #2,3 and 4 (all the boys) about killed me. Sick from day one and still throwing up in delivery room. Crushed ice is about the only thing that helped the nausea..I drank the heck out of instant breakfast just to get something down. My doctor gave me vit B6 shots and they helped just a little. Hope everything goes great for you today. Let us know and good luck.

callsheb
04-23-2003, 06:59 AM
my daughter is having the same problem she is 36weeks today she has been having labor pains now for a week off and on she is normally 110pds but she is now 146pds and just miserable she is due may 20th but i dont think she is going to last. She goes this morning and they are going to check her and see if she is dilated any plus she has a groin hernia that has been growing with the baby so there is a chance she is going to have a c-section.
(((((((HUGS))))))) to you and your baby also.

jcw
04-23-2003, 07:09 AM
praying for you both

MsLynn
04-23-2003, 07:47 AM
keepin you in our prayers, please keep us updated

Tasha405
04-23-2003, 08:18 AM
{{{cch}}} I was sick for the first 3 & 1/2 months and for the past 3 weeks or so I have been having migraines. I'm only 4 & 1/2 months (18 weeks) so I have pretty much been sick from day 1. I hope everything is ok and you can get some relief from the sickness.

lynde
04-23-2003, 11:16 AM
I have been on bedrest for the past month and only on my 15th wk-hopefully this will not be for the whole pregnancy-i will surely go insane-am sickness sucks-mine is past thank god-I feel for you -hope it gets better!!!

ajksmom
04-23-2003, 12:08 PM
{{{{{{cch & baby}}}}}}, I hope that they find that nothing is going on with the baby and that the sickness and pain ease up.

Bohemut
04-23-2003, 06:11 PM
((((((((((cch))))))))))

What kind of pain are you having? I had a lot of upper and mid abdominal pain. It turned out that I have a rare form of toxemia and eclampsia (no, not pre-eclampsia, I had the full thing). Has your doctor checked for protein levels in your urine? There are also other tests that can be done to rule out toxemia, etc.. I hope you're okay and just having muscle pain. :)

Queensown
04-23-2003, 06:36 PM
Hope everything is okay with you, I'm a little over 23 weeks right now and still have morning sickness from time to time (although not everyday anymore, yay!) Keeping you in my thoughts.

cch
04-24-2003, 05:13 PM
Well I went to get my ultrasound yesterday (5pm) and it wasn't my doc that did it, it was an ultrasound tech. so I have to wait to find out what the doc thinks is going on. She said the baby looked healthy and it was moving ALL over. She did say that looks like my due date was only a day off (moved me up to the 28th of September) and that it's a BOY. She took lots of pictures of the baby and everything around it, so hopefull the doc wont see anything wrong with them! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE PRAYERS! My aunt put me on the prayer list at church two months ago, but every little bit helps. The pain isn't really in my stomach, it's more in the pelvic area. Feels like the others did the last few weeks of the pregnancy when the baby had dropped. Walking and bending over is torture! We live on a farm and my husband and I are the coaches of my son's t-ball team so things are only going to get more difficult. I'll keep you guys updated on what the doc has to say. And again THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I got lots of pictures, profile, one of him pulling on his ear, his little boy parts, one of his face, one of all of him, a foot, and a couple more that I'm going to get scanned and I'll post them when I do. I LOVE baby pictures, even if they're technically not "baby pictures" yet.

cpbaby
04-25-2003, 06:25 AM
OH GOD! The pain! I carried my first one almost between my knees! he was SOO low, it was terrible. The more I walked, the lower he got!

You have my sympathies! You can buy a "belly belt" made of wide elastic that you wear around your back and under your belly to support it. It seemed to help me.

mlathroum
04-25-2003, 06:39 AM
How wonderful congrats!!
I carried my 8 year old like that. Thought I was a waddling whale!! I did stress testing all day at our local hospital and that that kid was at my feet by the end of the day. I did wind up having him a week early on my own. Water just broke. Good thing too. That boy was 21" long and 9 lbs and 4.5ounces. If I had gone to my due date or longer my GYN said he would have had to do a Csection for my safety. When I went back for my check up my GYN wanted to see Chris first. He kept shaking his head and saying "BigBaby". When I had my second one they induced me a week early. Afraid of a repeat performance. Brian turned out to be 7lbs 11ounces and 21 inches long. Alot easier delivery too. HEHE

Tasha405
04-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Aww Congrats! :)

cch
05-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Ok... I go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so I'm hoping for a good report. The nausea is finally starting to ease up, I'm getting to sleep 3 - 4 hours at a time instead of being sick every hour and a half. Unfortunately the pain isn't changing, but I figure if it's not getting worse it's not a bad thing. I'm back with a question... I'm 21 weeks now and for the life of me can't remember when I felt my other kids move. I haven't felt this one yet. How far were you when you started feeling the baby moving around?

Wimzik
05-19-2003, 09:46 AM
I had the same problem with pain with the twins, dr. said when it happened to get off my feet and rest until it went away.

Tasha405
05-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by cch
Ok... I go back to the doctor on Wednesday, so I'm hoping for a good report. The nausea is finally starting to ease up, I'm getting to sleep 3 - 4 hours at a time instead of being sick every hour and a half. Unfortunately the pain isn't changing, but I figure if it's not getting worse it's not a bad thing. I'm back with a question... I'm 21 weeks now and for the life of me can't remember when I felt my other kids move. I haven't felt this one yet. How far were you when you started feeling the baby moving around? We are due only 5 days apart from each other and I'm just now getting to feel her move good. I was getting worried because I felt my boys move sooner than this. So, just give it a little while longer. :)

ttistin
05-19-2003, 01:56 PM
{{{{CCH}}}}

I remember those days lol

Hope you start feeling better!

Widgetsx3
05-19-2003, 11:07 PM
My boys napped thru most of my pregnancies with them. My DD kicked the crap out of me from about 20 weeks til she was born...I swear she kicked me thru labor. Now the boys are non stop go go go little dudes, and my DD is really mellow. I knwo I got scared w/the DS's because they just never moved...especialy after DD, because she is the oldest. Also, my morning sickness with youngest DS NEVER went away...only it was evening sickness. Hope all gets better!

dcut4
05-20-2003, 08:01 AM
found this at www.babycenter.com

When should I start to feel fetal movement?
By seven weeks, your little embryo is already squirming about. But at this point it's so small you can't possibly feel its periodic contortions. In fact, it may be several more months before your baby makes his presence known to you. You may feel those first momentous kicks, called "quickening," anywhere from 14 to 26 weeks of pregnancy. The usual time frame is more like 18 to 22 weeks, though, especially for first pregnancies. Veteran moms tend to feel fetal movement earlier than first-time moms. Why? Uterine muscles are less taut, so a woman is more sensitive to soft kicking. Besides, if you've been pregnant before, you'll probably recognize the feel of a fetal kick, and can differentiate it from other belly rumblings, such as gas, for example. Bear in mind, too, that your build may have something to do with when you'll be able to distinguish a hunger pang from a left jab. Thinner women tend to feel movement earlier and more often than women who are overweight.

TxWildCherry
05-20-2003, 06:12 PM
i just had my son and i had the same pains you did it is because you have had previous kids your body gets ready fast with some of them i got them at the beginning of my pregnancy and they got worse and in the end they found out he was breech and had dropped into position too soon

cch
05-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for making me feel better (((HUGS))) I finally started feeling the baby move today! FINALLY! Makes everything else more tolerable because now I can tell on my own that he's ok and not have to worry about everything. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Widgetsx3
05-23-2003, 12:22 PM
I loved feeling the babies move....it ranks just below the very first time they place the baby in your arms and the first time you get an I Love you! Congrats...and enjoy your pregnancy! It is such an amazing gift!

jcw
05-23-2003, 12:22 PM
Well glad to hear that you are feeling him now and that you're feeling a little better.