Check out this web site:

www.thenleave.com

I love it!

thepres00
04-23-2003, 06:35 AM
I know of a few that I wish would take this offer

schsa
04-23-2003, 06:39 AM
I may not like what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it. This country was started by a bunch of rebels who didn't like what their goverment was doing. Without them, we would all be speaking the Queen's English.

Critics make us better. If everyone just went along life would be far too boring.

smeans
04-23-2003, 06:44 AM
no comment

ahippiechic
04-23-2003, 07:00 AM
We can speak out against this country because this IS America. That's one of many things that make this country great. We don't have to blindly agree with our government. That's what our military is for; to help ensure our right to free speech. Would you rather us have a government that doesn't let us speak up if we disagree?? Like Iraq was, under Saddom's rule??

That's as bad as me telling you that if you don't like my right to free speech, then move to Iraq or some other country, where they torture your family if you speak out against the leaders. :rolleyes:

ahippiechic
04-23-2003, 07:33 AM
I also have a BIL and several friends in Iraq right now, fighting to defend our free speech, among other things. And I find it hard to believe that there is anyone who has never said anything against our country or our leaders. DO you like Bush? Are you sure you never complained, or disagreed with Clinton?? America has a lot of faults sometimes; our laws, our leaders, just the way things work. Although I still think it's much better than any other country, & wouldn't want to live anywhere else, I have just as much right to speak up about something I disagree with, as you do to say you agree.

Ok, I do have to admit that I told my SIL's DH to go home to Serbia, because he's not a citizen, and never stops talking about how he hates it here. He just came here to take advantage of all this country has to offer, and can't even be a little grateful for his free education & good job, house, car, etc.

Ok, done now.

(I think)

~MK~
04-23-2003, 07:59 AM
:rolleyes:

Smeans..would you like to sit by me on the plane?? :D

smeans
04-23-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Machande_Kennels
:rolleyes:

Smeans..would you like to sit by me on the plane?? :D

tee hee scoot over MK:rolleyes: ;)

~MK~
04-23-2003, 08:11 AM
*pats seat beside her*

OOOH!! Smeans!! Maybe we should go by BOAT!! A nice Carnival Cruise perhaps? We could meet MICKEY MOUSE!! :D

Where shall we go?? Australia? We can go chase kangaroo's. :D

smeans
04-23-2003, 08:21 AM
wherever we go we have to be careful of SARS:eek: lol

a cruise does sound nice.
http://www.7blueseas.com/cruiselines/disney/images/thumbnail_magic.jpg

MommyG3
04-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by schsa
I may not like what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it. This country was started by a bunch of rebels who didn't like what their goverment was doing. Without them, we would all be speaking the Queen's English.

Critics make us better. If everyone just went along life would be far too boring.

Amen

~MK~
04-23-2003, 08:42 AM
That's why we don't go to the Orient. I think Australia sounds nice. Their toilets flush opposite ours. I think that would be a good source of entertainment for at least 2 days...

Is Mickey Mouse on that boat? Hopefully it wouldn't be like the Titanic. :eek:

At least it's not a little boat..cuts down on sea sickness.

smeans
04-23-2003, 10:18 AM
opposite flushing toilets??? oh i am SOOOOOO there.:rolleyes: :D

smeans
04-23-2003, 10:19 AM
im not sure if anyone would want mickey to go. although im guessing hes an "independent"

;) :p :D

*come with us mickey!!!!

harloo
04-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Preach ahippiechic!!!!

~MK~
04-23-2003, 10:31 AM
LMAO

Maybe he's green party?? LOL

smeans
04-23-2003, 10:35 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

wingsfan
04-23-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
We can speak out against this country because this IS America. That's one of many things that make this country great. We don't have to blindly agree with our government. That's what our military is for; to help ensure our right to free speech. Would you rather us have a government that doesn't let us speak up if we disagree?? Like Iraq was, under Saddom's rule??

That's as bad as me telling you that if you don't like my right to free speech, then move to Iraq or some other country, where they torture your family if you speak out against the leaders. :rolleyes:

THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE!!

Ghetto_Gurl
04-23-2003, 01:32 PM

exactly what hc said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeesKnees
04-23-2003, 01:54 PM
oooppss!!:p

lpelham
04-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Cut Veronica some slack guys...I am sure all of you have met people that for whatever reason you wish they would take the train, bus, whatever to some other country.

I thought the sight was pretty amusing - can I sponsor Alex Baldwin? :-)

Libby

justme23
04-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by lpelham
Cut Veronica some slack guys...I am sure all of you have met people that for whatever reason you wish they would take the train, bus, whatever to some other country.

I thought the sight was pretty amusing - can I sponsor Alex Baldwin? :-)

Libby

Thank you... We are all talking about our freedom of speech, but are we not hindering hers with the lectures on that very same freedom of speech? After all, it is her right as an American to feel as she does. The site isn't telling anyone they SHOULD leave, anyways, they are just saying if you hate it here so much we'll pay for you to leave if you want to... and if you look at the site, he's put the applicants (coupled w/ their reasons) on a page inside the site, so ppl obviously wish to take him up on this offer.

Iluvbears
04-23-2003, 08:10 PM
The site cracks me up...I wouldn't give them an option as where they would like to live. I'd send the winner to a country of my choice, my choice wouldn't be so lovely.

ahippiechic
04-23-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by justme23
Thank you... We are all talking about our freedom of speech, but are we not hindering hers with the lectures on that very same freedom of speech? After all, it is her right as an American to feel as she does. The site isn't telling anyone they SHOULD leave, anyways, they are just saying if you hate it here so much we'll pay for you to leave if you want to... and if you look at the site, he's put the applicants (coupled w/ their reasons) on a page inside the site, so ppl obviously wish to take him up on this offer.

Neither of my posts were lectures. She posted something, I replied to it with my opinion. No big deal. And no, we weren't hindering her free speech. She said what she wanted too, didn't she? And she could have posted again at any time.

justme23
04-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Neither of my posts were lectures. She posted something, I replied to it with my opinion. No big deal. And no, we weren't hindering her free speech. She said what she wanted too, didn't she? And she could have posted again at any time.

Our opinions obviously differ on this subject... but I wasn't trying to be rude at any rate, just voicing my free speech.

bears, I thought the site was pretty funny myself... and if ppl wanna take him up on his offer, more power to 'em!!

kelblend
04-23-2003, 10:55 PM

I agree with this. I have seen that at no time does freedom of speech stop with the poster. If you post it, you know that some may agree and some may disagree. You may always defend or just let it go. :D

ebgreen74
04-23-2003, 11:08 PM
I'm with OP-why complain so much about a country you hate so much, yet you continue to live there?

Donnagg123
04-24-2003, 05:21 AM
America is by no means perfect and complaining is what has gotten us everything we have today. I am a woman, and imagine if, before women could vote, they just sat back and accepted it?? HELL NO!! They complained till we had equal rights as men do to vote. The being able to complain thing is what is so beautiful about this country. Our government is by no means perfect, and if we don't like something we have a right to stand up and speak our mnind. It doesn't make either person right or wrong. Hell, we ARE the govenment. We vote in people jsut to represent us. What if all of the sudden the government found some fault with something that was personal to you and did something about it, and when you tried to speak out everyone said "well if you don't like it then leave!" Here is a couple of poems/stories that I think are relavent here:

~1939, Rev. Martin Niemoeller, Lutheran minister and former U Boat captain:

"In Germany they first came for the Communists and I didn't speak up
because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I
didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade
unionists and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was
a Protestant. Then they came for me--and by that time no one was left
to speak up."

1992: Various Usenet personalities:

When they took the fourth amendment, I was silent because I don't deal drugs.
When they took the sixth amendment, I kept quiet because I know I'm innocent.
When they took the second amendment, I said nothing because I don't own a gun.
Now they've come for the first amendment, and I can't say anything at all.

The whole point is that we HAVE to scream and shout when we think something is wrong, otherwise there will be a point where it is no longer legal to scream and shout. JMHO

Juggalette
04-24-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by ebgreen74
I'm with OP-why complain so much about a country you hate so much, yet you continue to live there?

We CAN disagree with some of the things out country does and still LOVE it . There is NOONE in the USA that agrees with EVERYTHING the government does

justme23
04-24-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Juggalette
We CAN disagree with some of the things out country does and still LOVE it . There is NOONE in the USA that agrees with EVERYTHING the government does

I think the site has been grossly misrepresented among all the opinions on free speech. He (the owner of the site) is not telling anyone to leave, he's not telling them not to voice their opinions, he is simply saying if you don't like it I'll pay for you to go if you want to. In effect, also voicing his freedom of speech and free will of volunteering the service for anyone who wants it. I think that's the point that keeps getting lost.

ahippiechic
04-24-2003, 06:58 AM
I don't think I "misrepresented" the site, nor do I think the "point" of the site was lost. The OP said she was "sick of Americans speaking out against the country". And then we posted our own opinions. That's the way it works.

Donnagg123, thank you so much for that post, I knew the quote from
Rev. Martin Niemoeller, but the usernet one I hadn't heard.

justme23
04-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Nvm, it's not worth the arguement... you 'win'.

ahippiechic
04-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Sorry if you thought I was being defensive, I was just responding to the points you made in your post.

Iluvbears
04-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Since this war has begun, all you read on these message boards are "Well, they have the right to "Freedom Of Speech", No matter if someone destroyed memorials for the victims of 9-11, The Dixie Chicks speaking their mind in another country, The Celebs, or these Protesters.."

I believe some people over use their right to "Freedom of Speech" Or they don't know what the hell Freedom of speech actually means.

lpelham
04-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Iluvbears
Since this war has begun, all you read on these message boards are "Well, they have the right to "Freedom Of Speech", No matter if someone destroyed memorials for the victims of 9-11, The Dixie Chicks speaking their mind in another country, The Celebs, or these Protesters.."

I believe some people over use their right to "Freedom of Speech" Or they don't know what the hell Freedom of speech actually means.

So true! But what irks me is yes, we all have free speech, but that doesn't mean you can go saying whatever you want to without it having a possible reprocussion! Everyone is free to say what they want, that is part of what our country is based on. But common sense should tell you, if you are in the public eye and make any type of comment - especially on religion or politics, there are some people that may either stop liking you or buying your products (movies, CDs, whatever).

So have your free speech, say whatever you want until you are blue in the face, but don't cry and whine if it offends someone and directly affects your career.

Libby

ajames05
04-25-2003, 12:24 PM
While I like the idea of watching toliets flush (and it does sound really neat -how do they do that?!)... I think I'll stay home.
Haa haa haa good one though MK! :)

~MK~
04-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Stupid stuff fascinates me :p:rolleyes:

HEY..maybe we could meet Steve Irwin and...get ready...

Keep scrolling...

All this excitement......

THE WIGGLES!!! :D:D:D:D:D