PDA

View Full Version : Snoring Patrol....................

hotwheelstx
04-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Anyone have one of these in your house???? I do!!!!!

I was awakened at 2:00 am w/the sound of a freight train coming thru our bedroom. Now, here I am waiting on the alarm to go off in about an hour. It's 4:00 am cst. now.

What a good nights sleep. LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

cpbaby
04-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Nope, I AM the train at my house. I have snored like that since I was VERY young. I have had my tonsils out once and my adneoids out twice and have have SEVERAL sinus surgeries. Nothing helps so far.

MommyG3
04-23-2003, 06:26 AM
DH says I snore. I say dh snores. we both say DD#2 snores. LOL

ahippiechic
04-23-2003, 07:03 AM
DH snores sometimes, but not loudly, just enough to keep me awake. If I'm already asleep, it doesn't usually wake me up. But sometimes, if he's very tired, he grinds his teeth! ACK! I have to leave the room! ;)

morris2b
04-23-2003, 07:09 AM
Everyone is this house snores but I snore the loudest and hubby says I wake him up :(

jadegentle
04-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
DH snores sometimes, but not loudly, just enough to keep me awake. If I'm already asleep, it doesn't usually wake me up. But sometimes, if he's very tired, he grinds his teeth! ACK! I have to leave the room! ;)

Ugh, my dh grinds his teeth too!! But he always waits until I come to bed, then he turns so his head is facing me, and starts snoring in my ear, then when I elbow him, he starts grinding his teeth. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

ahippiechic
04-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by jadegentle
Ugh, my dh grinds his teeth too!! But he always waits until I come to bed, then he turns so his head is facing me, and starts snoring in my ear, then when I elbow him, he starts grinding his teeth. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Mine too! :eek: ACK!

~MK~
04-23-2003, 08:05 AM
Hubby's the freight train. There have been many a nights I slept somewhere else. I poked, shook, etc.

As for me, I admit no fault. :eek:

Only when I'm REALLLLLLY tired or sick.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/54.gif

hotwheelstx
04-23-2003, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Machande_Kennels
[B]Hubby's the freight train. There have been many a nights I slept somewhere else. I poked, shook, etc.

As for me, I admit no fault. :eek:

Only when I'm REALLLLLLY tired or sick.

I think you and I ought to move in together. I'm beginning to get very familiar w/our guest room...........LOL

;) ;) ;) ;)

Kelsey1224
04-23-2003, 08:35 AM
We both snore...some nights are worse than others.

If I would lose about 20 pounds, my snoring would stop. Hubby says I breathe REALLY LOUD...says it kind of freaks him out if he hasn't fallen asleep first. MUAWW HA HA...

the1bea
04-23-2003, 08:42 AM
LOL, I AM the snorer in the house! :) I started snoring really bad when I gained a ton of weight being preggo. Since I have not lost the weight, I snore BAD! Lately I have been waking my self up with my snoring. It is pretty emmbarassing, while in the hospital with my son, my hubby says that the nurses come in because I am so loud! I dont know if I believe him because he HATES my snoring so much.

~MK~
04-23-2003, 08:43 AM
Cool!! I'll start packing!! :D

miralys
04-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Ahhhhh!!! Everyone I have ever had to share a room with snores and I hate it!! I sleep with 36 dB earplugs and a white noise machine set on high and I can still hear it!!!

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-23-2003, 11:05 AM
DH has asthma really bad...and he has woke me up the last 2 days scaring me to death because he is making these choking, coughing, snorting sounds. I shake him and he only wakes up a little and mutters "shut up..." :eek: or something that makes no sense and rolls back over. He only really snores when he's super tired...and then I have to kick him. :eek: He says I snore loudly- I deny it. :D Even the cat snores in this house and I mean loudly. :D

hotwheelstx
04-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Aggie's at school tonite. He won't be home til late. Hoping that as the days gets on I'll be able to lay down sleep awhile. Then, I still think a train will hit the bedroom around 1-2 am.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this adventure.

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee,

That's funny about your cat. We have a 2 lb. Toy Pom. that snores, too. Husband says I've lost my mind. Well, then he's growling in his sleep. He's not a quiet sleeper. So, you could say I have the engineer driving and the caboose that follows. EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK.

No rest for the weary I guess.

;) ;) :rolleyes:

belle5691
04-23-2003, 07:12 PM
A lot of times the snoring is related to Sleep Apnea. My husband has this...and when he was tested and given the cpap machine---Gosh, its nice to get a good nights sleep!:D

dobiesnj
04-23-2003, 09:30 PM
My DBF snores so loudly you would think that there was a buzzsaw going in our room! I finally got him the BreatheRight strips and they help him to a pretty good extent. He's a VERY heavy sleeper and I'm a light sleeper so I'm constantly prodding him to roll over, which he will, then he'll roll onto his back again. Can't win!

The good part is that he's a truck driver and is only home for 3 nights. So the other 4 nights I get a blissfully quiet bedroom!

As for animals snoring, one of my dogs that is up north with my ex-hubby used to sleep next to me every night, head on the pillow and everything. Let me tell you, that dog snored (and still does) louder than most people!! And it isn't easy to try to move a 70 lb. dog that is dead weight when he sleeps! :rolleyes:

Gitty
04-23-2003, 09:40 PM
What kind of DR. would you even see about this? I looked in the phone book. But there is no snore Dr. and if you don't know what causing it how do you know who to call?

OX_Love_OX
04-24-2003, 12:21 AM
My husband snores...Wouldn't be so bad if there was a rythmn to it.:rolleyes:

Bohemut
04-24-2003, 12:54 AM
What kind of DR. would you even see about this? I looked in the phone book. But there is no snore Dr. and if you don't know what causing it how do you know who to call?

Gitty I think you would need to see an ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor, also called an Otolaryngologist. You might have to see your regular doctor first and get a referral. Hope this helps. :)

hotwheelstx
04-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Gitty

Ears, nose and throat dr. I made an appt. for Aggie to see one. Might be his tonsils, adnoids, (sp) sleep apnea. I'm hoping for some kind of relief. He does sleep "peacfully" though. He's never really tired when he gets up from me tossing and turning him all night long.

I'm slowing moving my "personal belongings" into the guest bedroom...........LOL :rolleyes:

It is where I sleep most nights. ;) ;) ;)