PDA

View Full Version : looking for brother in laws girlfriend!!!

odyssey
04-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Man I am so TICKED.
I loaned brother in Law Jason some money in February with a check that needed to be repayed to me. I gave them cash that I said was ok not to pay back and cash in their babies birthday card.

The girlfriend cashed the check. On the memo of the check I wrote car repair loan money for S. + J.THey are both responsible for the money I keep being told next week, next week we will pay. Now they have had no home phone service for 1 year. And the cell is shut off.
I know where she works SEARS. Up North. I have called and no one answers the Mattress dept I have called now 9 times long distance. I am so pissed she has called us Long distance from there a few times, but last Saturday she talked to my other sister in law 1 hour from there. What nerve.

I am pissed I NEED that money. Plus it was a huge promise from them to repay and how they weren't deadbeats.:mad: :mad:

mlathroum
04-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Where up north? Maybe one of us could atleast go pay them a visit and make her day "interesting".

odyssey
04-22-2003, 07:13 PM
great idea Mlathroum!
but I would get in tons of trouble for doing such!
oh well huh? she works in the Citrus Heights Mall.

Sha
04-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Hmm...well this northern cali girl will be heading up to the Sacramento this next weekend...LOL! I can go and scare the heck out of her if ya want! LOL! That is soo messed up! I hate when people pull crap like that. I have family that likes to steal! We should start a "Deadbeat Family" support forum! LOL!

stachowiak
04-22-2003, 08:06 PM
I hope you get your money back. If I wasn't so far south I'd go pay her a visit for you myself & take out all my frustations of the last few days out on her! LOL

KrystallizedFlame
04-22-2003, 08:29 PM
If I lived closer I would go get your money back...:D

Tadbit
04-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Hmmmmm, this sounds like a good case for Judge Judy. Your sister wouldn't want to mess with her. maybe if you could send her a type written letter and threaten to put her on TV, she might cough up the money she owes you.

jspumoni
04-22-2003, 08:56 PM
Wait a second, you loaned YOUR BROTHER IN LAW MONEY, did you know he was not with your sister any longer??
You stated that "I loaned brother in Law Jason some money in February with a check that needed to be re-payed to me." Then you said that this OTHER woman is responsible for the payment?? What am I missing? You need to go after him, as for your groupies here telling you the girl is at fault, I feel bad for them!!! True she might have cashed the check, but he probably lied to her, is this not a possibility? Most likely.. Take this as a lost or take them to small claims court, but get real. He is the one you handed the check to and HE is the one you need to prosecute!

odyssey
04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
jspumoni, I loaned the money to Jason, but his girlfriend cashed the check. They wrote her name on it and cashed it at my bank.
I wrote on it car repair loan money S and J (both their names) I was told by both in my presence they will repay (the car warranty was suppose to pay them back minus dedectable.

If she cashed the check she borrowed the money just as he did. The car is in both their names also. I can't get a hold of Jason as he doesn't have cell service anymore.

odyssey
04-22-2003, 09:12 PM
and Why would I have to get real???

CABANN
04-22-2003, 09:23 PM
I am 10 minutes away from that mall (Sunrise Mall). If you need my help let me know. I would be glad to help any way I can.

Tadbit
04-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by jspumoni
Wait a second, you loaned YOUR BROTHER IN LAW MONEY, did you know he was not with your sister any longer??
You stated that "I loaned brother in Law Jason some money in February with a check that needed to be re-payed to me." Then you said that this OTHER woman is responsible for the payment?? What am I missing? You need to go after him, as for your groupies here telling you the girl is at fault, I feel bad for them!!! True she might have cashed the check, but he probably lied to her, is this not a possibility? Most likely.. Take this as a lost or take them to small claims court, but get real. He is the one you handed the check to and HE is the one you need to prosecute!

jspumoni, I'm thinking when she said she loaned it to her bil,and his GF, she was speaking of her husband's brother? If I'm correct, he never was married to her sister. (?)

odyssey
04-22-2003, 09:31 PM
that is correct Tadbit, my husband's brother Jason (while visiting here from up North had car damage and wasn't paid by the warrenty since it was out of the area and the claim needed to be submitted) and his girlfriend borrowed the money.

CABANN
04-22-2003, 09:37 PM
odyssey, I just pm'ed you.

odyssey
04-23-2003, 06:03 AM
Both Jason and S. were in my home, they could not leave Southern Cali to go home as the car was in the shop getting repaired. His mouth asked for the money to pay it. I handed the check to Him and he handed it to her and then I saw her put her name on it.

Well whatever the case both accepted the check and she said she would take care of the warranyt issue and repay the following week. It was with her that I was being told when to expect the money and how it was coming next week, then the following till now.

schsa
04-23-2003, 06:45 AM
I doubt if you will ever see that money again. Even if you take them to small claims court, if they don't show up and you get a judgement against them, you still have to take out a warrent.

It's a sad situation but I wouldn't count on seeing that money again. They will probably do everything they can to avoid you from now on.

MommyG3
04-23-2003, 08:03 AM
((((((((((((((odyssey)))))))))))))))))