PDA

View Full Version : I normally don't do this......

mrs.john
04-22-2003, 05:35 PM
I know what you mean. I plan my meals by the week so I don't have to run to the store all the time. I always ask dh and the boys if they have any ideas. It's always "I don't care, whatever you want to fix, how should I know what I'll want to eat next week?". So I end up doing it myself. When I get home from the store, they're all like "you know what sounds good?" Drives me insane.

{{{hugs}}} to you and a peanut butter sandwich for your husband

lisahiser
04-22-2003, 05:59 PM
UGH! I know how you feel, I heard my husband tell my oldest to asked me what we were having for dinner and I said why do you always ask me why don't you ask your dad what HE is MAKING for dinner. I got a really mean look, but I flat out meant it and guess who made dinner...... NOT ME!- lol he did. I am soooooo sick of always being the one who has to deciede on what to make and then hear everyone complaining that they dont like this or that or that they wanted this or that, well if you wanted it then SAY SOMETHING!!!! my brain isnt a walking Gourmet cooking book! make a suggestion! PLEASE!

ajksmom
04-22-2003, 07:26 PM
My hubby is the same way. He has eaten sandwiches the past two nights because he doesn't like what I fixed. I knew he didn't like what I fixed me and the kids tonight so I asked him what do you want me to fix you and he gets all pissy and we get into it. So he ended up fixing him a sandwich tonight. I could care less, I am tired of cooking him diff. stuff anyway.

Tadbit
04-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Well I'm lucky, in that my DH will eat just about anything I put on the table. It's the rest of the household that irk me. I swear they think my kitchen is Old Country Buffet, and I'm suppose to fix something different for all five of them. NOT!!!! If they don't want what I fix after three hours of trying to pry out of them, what sounds good to eat, then they can either eat what I make, fix their own or starve. Things are going to be so much better when it's just me and DH again at home, if that ever happens.

cherish328
04-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Although, I don't have childern, the rules in my house are: You eat what is fixed, or you don't eat. This is not Burger King, and you can't have it your way!

kelblend
04-22-2003, 09:24 PM
My husband never has any ideas, but doesn't complain. NOW THE KIDS.... good grief!! I no longer care. Eat it or not. I'm not your waitress.

Tadbit
04-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by cherish328
Although, I don't have childern, the rules in my house are: You eat what is fixed, or you don't eat. This is not Burger King, and you can't have it your way!

LMBO I love this, Mind if I use it on my group at home?

mlathroum
04-23-2003, 06:19 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by cherish328
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I tell me kids that and Hubby. My little one doesn't like fish. That is what I had for dinner last night. He knows he has to eat it first before I now let him have the fries or rolls I fixed with it.
If I do he will fill up on that and not be able to eat the main meal.

I am tempted to do the "give the doge the plate" for my 8 year old. He will sit and make rude comments just so the 4 year old will think it is yucky. He knows Brian won't touch his food once he thinks it doesn't taste good. I think the next time he does this he will be eating a peanut butter and sandwich and the poodle will be eating well!!

morris2b
04-23-2003, 06:27 AM
When he says whats for dinner? I say Guess it will be Golden Corral or Ponderosa..........:D And I usually get my way, sorry ladies looks like I got the last good man standing ;)

tina z
04-23-2003, 11:24 AM
((((((((((Tina)))))))))))) I am very grateful that I am the only picky eater in this house.

mesue
04-26-2003, 02:00 AM
My hubby used to eat and then say, "Its surpising what a hungry man will eat." after each meal I think he meant it for a joke but it pissed me off so he found out what a hungry man will eat and he never says that or complains anymore.

gemini26
04-26-2003, 07:16 AM
I guess I am lucky. My hubby like anything as long as it involves meat. He also likes to cook in his dutch ovens the days he is off. I occassionally have spaghetti night or something and as long as I make meatballs too he is ok with it. Our boarder likes everything I make and almost always tells me good dinner. Its great and his future wife will appreciate it!

hotwheelstx
04-26-2003, 08:52 AM
I HATE THIS, I HATE THIS, I HATE THIS...........Always ask what Aggie wants and I do give him choices. He says "whatever you want or what's easiest". Then, we sit down to eat and he ask me what's this????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Like you've never seen food before in your life.........LOL

It's either

Spaghetti

Alfredo

Beef Stroganoff

One of the choices I gave you!!!!! Taste it and find out................Few times it's gone to the pets. Needless to say if I cook he usually will eat. If he doesn't he's ON HIS OWN W/Agggie surprize..........Now, ask me what that is???? I have no idea what he puts in it. I do know I WON'T EAT IT.