PDA

View Full Version : Argggggggggggh

sheila_361
04-22-2003, 04:39 PM
Darn next door neighbors.I live in an apartment complex and my neighbors next door always put their garbage right outside their front door instead taking the minute to go down the stairs and throw it in the dumpster.I don't like having to see their trash when I go out of my apartment. This is probably a petty whine but oh well.

lisahiser
04-22-2003, 05:04 PM
no its not petty! That is GROSS!!!! I would complain about if I were you!

Bohemut
04-22-2003, 05:11 PM
I live in a manufactured home park and there isn't much room between the houses. My next door neighbor's back door is about 15 feet from my dining room window. They put dirty diapers on the little deck right outside their door instead of taking them to the garbage can. Sometimes there's a hugh pile of them. They put other garbage out there too. :mad: I don't say anything to them because other than this they are really nice people and I don't want to make them mad or hurt their feelings.

So if you can find a good way to get your neighbors to stop, without causing a riot or war, please let me know.

Merryg
04-22-2003, 05:14 PM
I know what you mean, HOWEVER I am a LITTLE guilty of doing this.

BUT, only the 5 to 10 minutes before I know my husband will be getting home. I can not take the trash out lugging my one year old and 4 year old as well. BUT, I do it right before hubby gets home . . . not all day. I've seen some around here who even put out little trash bags that obviously have cat litter in them! C'MON people!!! Noone wants to smell that crap (literally) especially during this windy time here in AZ!!

{{sheila))

odyssey
04-22-2003, 05:15 PM
well my neighbor had a small kitchen trash can out in front of her door for almost an entire year. WITH trash in it. she was too occupied to ever clean it and put in back in the kitchen. On more then one occasion my child, and her's put popsicle sticks, apples, and juice boxes in it. THe ants were EVERYWHERE. It was so dusty and sticky. Finally when Maintaince came to change the outdoor bulb and saw it still there he picked it up and dumped it. She did ask me what happened to it but I shrugged it off.

sheila_361
04-22-2003, 05:24 PM
if I were to tell the manage ment about it nothing would be done about it.They don't seem to care one bit(Management)

justme23
04-22-2003, 06:18 PM
We do that w/ all of our trash... it goes on our porch and usually sits there overnight too... but it's only cause our complex hired a company that goes to all the various complexes and picks trash up from the doors and takes it to the dumpster. It's not cause we're lazy and don't wanna walk down there, we just don't have to. They pay for it w/ our rent money, we mightaswell use the luxury... but if I lived in a place that didn't do such a thing I'd never leave my trash on the porch. My neighbor has two cats that like to take large craps on the front and back porches and he doesn't care... and now he's put food out on our shared front porch for them and every cat in the neighborhood chills out up here. I like cats, but I don't like stray cats that could be carrying diseases and if he wants to feed them outside he needs to do it on his back porch, not on the front porch so they all flock up here and hang out... wow that got long, I'm sorry I took over your vent.

ahippiechic
04-22-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by sheila_361
if I were to tell the manage ment about it nothing would be done about it.They don't seem to care one bit(Management)

Here we charge you 50.00 if you leave your trash by your door, & our maint. has to take it to the dumpsters. ;)

sheila_361
04-22-2003, 07:26 PM
One evening as my hubby and me were going out somewhere, we both kinda loudly said something about the trash being out there, I think they may have heard us and stopped doing it for a day or two but now they are back at it again.It's just so gross to have to see garbage right out by your front door. I thought about ripping the bag open one night and leaving a big mess for them to have to clean up, but then I'd still have to look at it.

Tadbit
04-22-2003, 08:10 PM
shiela, I can totally relate to your problem. My daughter use to live in an apartment on the top floor. Her neighbors would sit their trash out in the hallway. It would get hot in the halls because they didn't cool them and in the summer that smell would just reek. She even took it out for them once because she couldn't stand the smell, which isn't something she would normally do, so I knew it must have gotten pretty bad. She did finally complain to the manager after it happened again.

Princess4J
04-22-2003, 10:44 PM
{{{SHEILA}}}

WANT ME TO TALK TO THEM FOR YOU ??
HOW ABOUT NEXT SUNDAY ;) ?

sheila_361
04-23-2003, 06:47 PM
(((Princess4J)))) Sure thing! :)

Next Sunday is good..