PDA

View Full Version : i am so sick of this!

Lizerella
04-21-2003, 08:46 PM
I am tired of this ankle! I wanna be done with the pain, swelling, the incision that wont heal. I'm sick of this stupid boot, this walker and wheelchair, jumping on one leg, needing help with a shower. I wanna go back to work and get out of this stupid house!!!! I really can't take another 4 weeks or more of this crap. sorry, just in a lot of pain tonight and wanted to whine.

1busymomma
04-21-2003, 09:35 PM
(((((((((((lizerella))))))))))))))))

Just think though you are one step closer to being done with it all! No pun intended, really. At least it did'nt happen yesterday. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Lizerella
04-21-2003, 10:55 PM
thank you ravenlost and busymomma

i'm just get sick of tryin to see the bright side. Earlier I thought, hey, 4 weeks done already...then i thought, 4-6 more to go, then therapy...I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I dont know how others get through it sane. and I hate leaving the house because if I go to a store people get all crappy cuz I use a wheelchair and get mad cuz i'm slow or blocking an aisle so its like you want to get out, but you dont cuz of the way people act. my poor mom has to help me with showers and getting pants on sometimes and i feel bad cuz her arthritis acts up a lot and she hurts. I'm probably just being a big baby. I used to be so good with pain. :(

wingsfan
04-22-2003, 07:18 AM
{{{{{Lizerella}}}}}

MommyG3
04-22-2003, 07:54 AM
Just wanted to come in and give you a hug. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{liz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Bohemut
04-22-2003, 05:06 PM
((((( Lizerella )))))

I hate leaving the house because if I go to a store people get all crappy cuz I use a wheelchair and get mad cuz i'm slow or blocking an aisle so its like you want to get out, but you dont cuz of the way people act.

I'm in a wheelchair full time. I know what you mean. I've actually had someone try to push me out of their way. I'm a big woman, in a 250+ lb power wheelchair. Let's just say that she wasn't successful. LOL. Just ignore them. Or do like my DH. If someone is really bugging him he gets a blank look on his face, gibbers and drools. You can imagine how fast people move away from him when he does that! :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is you can't help it that you're a little slower--you didn't chose for this to happen to you, so don't let them get you down. :)

odyssey
04-22-2003, 05:15 PM
{{{{{{{{{{Lizerella}}}}}}}}}}}}

midniteblu2
04-22-2003, 06:59 PM
{{Lizarella}}
Hun I KNOW exactly what you are going through. I started theraphy last Friday & I never thought I could experience that much pain.
It is horrible to be so dependent on someone else isn't it?
Do you have to use crutches & are you in a walking cast now?

Lizerella
04-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by midniteblu2
{{Lizarella}}
Hun I KNOW exactly what you are going through. I started theraphy last Friday & I never thought I could experience that much pain.
It is horrible to be so dependent on someone else isn't it?
Do you have to use crutches & are you in a walking cast now?

I'm not looking foward to therapy but i know it has to be done. I go back the 30th for more xrays and i find out then if i can start walking on it some or not. I use a walker cuz I'm really not coordinated enough to do crutches:rolleyes: one of the three times i fell i was tryin to use crutches to get to the car which i think caused my 2nd break. hopefully after the 30th i get to walk some though. Hope your ankle is doin well! and thanks to everyone else for the hugs and stuff. I just must have a had a pms attack last nite or something

mrs.john
04-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Oh Liz, just keep reminding yourself of the big package that you're getting in what, June? And look at it this way, after all this, the pain of giving birth will be a piece of cake ;)

midniteblu2
04-23-2003, 06:37 PM
You said you are having trouble showering. Try putting one of those plastic chairs in the bath tub. This way you can sit while you shower. I am doing this & trust me it helps.
I just got home from a theraphy session. Man am I ever in PAIN! The therapist told me he is going to have me make me worse in order to help me & for me to heal. UGH! I have to do back for more torture on Friday. 1 week down....7 more to go.

midniteblu2
04-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Geeze...me & brain melt....by plastic chairs I mean one of those outside lawn chairs.
Bed for me NOW!
{{Liz}}

Lizerella
04-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by mrs.john
Oh Liz, just keep reminding yourself of the big package that you're getting in what, June? And look at it this way, after all this, the pain of giving birth will be a piece of cake ;)

after this, I'd probably be a professional surrogate mother! big package in june...ick..moving and spending money on furniture and grocery shopping...why am i doing this??? *L*:D

midniteblu2, I'm a big girl sooo *L* we take two folding chairs, set them facing each other, I sit on em with my legs hanging over the edge of the tub, then soak my feet separate to help with all the dead/dry skin.I"m still not supposed to be putting weight on it so i can't really get in and out on my own since we have a tub/shower. I go next wednesday for more xrays and hopefully a few steps. and stop scaring me with therapy stories! :) take care of yerself:)