PDA

View Full Version : I really, rea;;y need to whine...

mjh341
04-21-2003, 07:25 PM
This past week has been the week from he!! I honestly do not believe it could have gotten any worse. Let's start with last Sunday the 13. I was at work and started having trouble reading my paperwork and searching account #s. I am legally blind in the left eye, so I depend heavily on the right. Monday I have a monster headache and fearing something terrible had happened to my good eye wenr to the eye DR. In Dec. of 2001 I got a corneal abrasion from a piece of paper at work. It healed and I thought everyting was fine. NO WAY. It seems I had calcium deposits on the scar. DR gave me eye drops and told me to come back in a couple of days. That night I awoke to intense pain in that eye qand could not see. My Dad takes me back to DR and the scar has reopened. It is called corneal erosion. I went to the DR EVERY DAy last week. He refused to give me anything for pain and I was hurting so bad I was vomitting while at his office. On Friday hubby tells me he is being laid off. We will not be able to make it on unemployment bemefits. On Sunday my eye feels better so we all go to church. Get home and what happens? My 11 yo jumps off our back deck(it is 5 feet off the ground and breaks both bones in the lower part of her arm about an inch from the elbow. She had surgery last night to realign the bones. Surgery scares me. Thez DR said this is nothing compared to what she has been through(ie a heart transplant in 1995) So we are home about midnight Sunday night. My daughter is in too much pain to sleep, Her DR did give her pain medication, but it did not work. She is finally sleeping easy right now. Bless her heart. I also saw the Eye DR today and he said there is some small improvements in my eye. If all of you guys would pretty please be kind enough to type your replies in all caps so I can read them. Thanks so much for letting me whine. I feel a little better now.

MySonNick1
04-21-2003, 07:52 PM
((((MJH341 AND FAMILY))))

~Roxy~
04-21-2003, 08:32 PM
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

chrissypoo
04-21-2003, 08:41 PM
BLESS ALL OF YOUR HEARTS! I PRAY THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU, YOUR HUBBY AND YOUR DAUGHTER.

odyssey
04-21-2003, 09:24 PM
mjh341 SENDING LOTS OF BEST WISHES FOR YOU AND THE FAMILY. I PRAY THE BEST RECOVERY! :)

YOU CAN CHANGE THE TEXT SIZE ON YOUR COMPUTER,
TRY GOINF UNDER THE "VIEW" OPTION ON YOUR TOOLBAR AND CHOSE TEXT SIZE TO HUGE.

AGAIN TAKE CARE!

1busymomma
04-21-2003, 09:27 PM
vent and whine away!!! We are here for you. I hope everyone heals up quickly and hubby gets a new job fast.

mlathroum
04-22-2003, 01:25 AM
((((((MJ))))))

SO SORRY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A ROTTEN WEEK.

justme23
04-22-2003, 02:39 AM
I HOPE YOU FEEL LOTS BETTER SOON AND YOUR DAUGHTER TOO... PRAYERS GOING OUT TO YOU BOTH *HUGZ*

mlayton1994
04-22-2003, 06:09 AM
(((hugs)))

squirt
04-22-2003, 07:57 AM
I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, I AM BLIND IN ONE EYE ALSO, I AM BLIND IN RIGHT EYE. HAVE BEEN SINCE AGE 5. YOU WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS.

HOPE THINGS GO BETTER THIS WEEK. MY THOUGHTS ARE ON YOU AND YOURS. HANG IN THERE, THINGS CAN GO DOWNHILL JUST SO LONG. SOONER OR LATER THE ROAD WILL HAVE TO GO BACK UP.....

mjh341
04-22-2003, 01:30 PM
THANKS EVERYONE SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. iT WAS GREATLY NEEDED. I DID GET SOME GOOD NEWS AT THE DR THIS MORNING, THERE ARE SOME SMALL IMPROVEMENTS TO MY RIGHT EYE. HE SAID IT WAS AGAINST HIS PRINCIPLES TO PRESCRIBE PAIN MEDICATION. HE WOULD TREAT THE EYE AND WHENIT HEALED THE OAIN WOULD GO AWAY. I ASKED HIM WHAT I SHOULD DO UNTIL THE EYE HEALED AND HE SAID I WOULD HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH THE PAIN. HE CAME SO VERY HIGHLY RECCOMENDED, THE DRS IN ATLANTA WHO TRIED SO HARD TO SAVE THE VISION IN MY LEFT EYE RECCOMENDED HIM. THEY SAID HE WAS THE ONLY DR WITHIN 100 MILES OF ME WHO WAS QUALIFIED TO TREAT ME. IT IS SO FAR FROM HERE TO ATLANTA, AND THERE IS NO WAYI COULD DRIVE MYSELF. THIS DR ALSO SAID I COULD TAKE TYLENOL FOR PAIN, BUT TO ONLY TAKE 1 A DAY. MY DAUGHTER, ERIKA'S ORTHO SURGEON SAUD TODAY THE ARM HAS MUCH TOO MUCH POST OPERATIVE SWELLING TO PUT HER IN A FULL CAST. HE DID CHECK AND MAKE SURE THE SPLINT WASN'T SO TIGHT IT COULD CUT OFF HER CIRCUKATION, HER DR DID GIVE HER STRONGER PAIN MEDS. I HATE TO SOULND LIKE A DRUGGIE, BUT IN 48 HOURS SHEHAS SLEPT MAYBE 4 HOURS. SO I ASKED HER DR FOR SOMETHING STRONGER. IT SEEMS TO BE HELPING A GREAT DEAL AND SHE IS NOT ALL DOPED UP. I WILL FEEL MUCH BETTER KNOWING MY BABY CAN REST WITHOUT PAIN. AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT. I REALLY REALLY NEEDED IT AND AM SO GRATEFUL YOU GUYS ARE HERE FOR ME.