PDA

View Full Version : I am going to have to sell all my stuff & move out

stachowiak
04-21-2003, 06:26 PM
Some of you may have read about my situation w/ my SS's. On Thursday on the way to Psychiatist appointment SS who is disturbed had a fit & almost hit me while DH & I were taking him to the dr's appointment. Then we get to dr's office & he refuses to get out of the truck. Fine DH & I go inside anyway to see the dr. without him. Dr. told DH & I that we had to accept that he may never be well. He is on psychotic disorder meds & even on these meds he has severe & violent outbursts of anger. Dr put him on new stronger meds on Thursday. He behaved very well on Friday & Saturday & then yesterday had a violent episode AGAIN! Dr. told DH & I that if he had an episode & did not want to calm down and felt he was a threat to himself or others we should call 911. Well, DH couldn't do it & now this kid thinks he can get away with this behavior & manipulate his way through everything. I had to send my older children away to their Father because I fear for us all & now only have my youngest with me. DH refused to do what we had agreed & now I have no option but then to gather my belongings sell as much as possible & leave.I can not live under these conditions. Where his kids have one set of rules and mine another. It isn't fair. My kids do all their chores & his do nothing but sit around watching tv & playing with my kids computers & games. I feel I have no other choice not when my kids & I are the only ones making compromises here. DH does not have enough money to help me move back to my hometown so now I have to sell all my belongings except clothes & puters to get back. I have no family to help me & if it were not for EX Husband being my friend & helping me out I would have no one to help me. Please say a prayer for me & my kids that all this works out ok.

miccit
04-21-2003, 06:42 PM
(((((((((stachowiak)))))))))))

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my prayers.

cpbaby
04-21-2003, 06:46 PM
YOu have to do what you have to do for you and your children. Some people think its a bad thing to "abandon" your SS but if the prescribed treatment isnt followed, you have to think of your own children and the effect it has on them.

odyssey
04-21-2003, 06:48 PM
{{{{stachowiak and children and step children}}}}}
best wishes

AshBooJoBr
04-21-2003, 07:30 PM
So sorry you are having to go through all of this. Could you post where in Tx you are and where you are going? With all of the members on this board, I'm sure one of us is close enough to help out. I am in San Antonio, if I can be of any help to you at all.

Anji

stachowiak
04-21-2003, 07:50 PM
I live in Brownsille & am moving to Corpus Christi

JoanieV2
04-21-2003, 08:19 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} {{{{TINA}}}} You know I'm here for you. You have been through enough and it's time to do what is best for you and your kids.

mlayton1994
04-22-2003, 06:13 AM
(((hugs))). You have to do what is right for you and your kids.

mlathroum
04-22-2003, 06:31 AM
You have do do what you feel is right for your children. They need to know they are safe and so are you.
Take care and let us know how you are ((((((HUGS))))))

mrs.john
04-22-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by cpbaby
YOu have to do what you have to do for you and your children. Some people think its a bad thing to "abandon" your SS but if the prescribed treatment isnt followed, you have to think of your own children and the effect it has on them.

Amen. Don't let people judge you or look down on you for your decision. There comes a point where it's just not worth what it's doing to the family as a whole anymore. (speaking from personal experience here, unfortunately) You don't want your kids to grow up resenting you or acting out (like my 7 y/o) b/c of everything being focused on your ss.

schsa
04-22-2003, 11:31 AM
What everyone has said is the truth. You cannot change other people's behavior but you can change the way you respond to it. Your DH has no intention of dealing with his son as he should and that behavior puts everyone in jeopardy. You get out and take your kids with you. Call the Salvation Army or the Good Will when you get to your destination and ask for assistance until you can get on your feet again.

My heart goes out to you and your kids. No one should have to live in that sort of enviroment and assume it is "normal".

stachowiak
04-22-2003, 12:20 PM
No Fireball there is nothing there between my EX & I . Only a common bond of our children & the fact that neither of us has any family. We both lost both sets of parents a long time ago & he has no brothers or sisters & I only have 1 sister who I am not close to.