PDA

View Full Version : Serious opinions needed quick

momof4inMi
04-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Most of you read the thread that we lost our dog ... well i've found a pup ready on thursday the sellers willing to drop the price by $350 just so that he's got a good home ... ? is do you think its too soon to bring another pup into the house with the kids still missing our "Nikki" just after 3 weeks ... it doesnt seem to affect 2 of them so bad but my 8 yo is just tore up inside missing her or a "friend" at all :( ... Im debating even going to see him i know i'll want to bring the lil fuzz ball home today

justbeachy
04-21-2003, 01:36 PM
Sometimes a new pet eases a broken heart, on the other hand what is the pooch made of, gold? Seriously, good luck with your decision.

dlwt
04-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Sorry that seems like alot of money to me as well. I have gotten WOnderful pets for alot less. Only you know how your family will truly feel though
Good luck

~MK~
04-21-2003, 01:41 PM
I probably shouldn't butt in...

But what was the "original" price? Does he have both parents? Have you any idea of the parents temperment? It's a chow I'm ASSuming? Seems rather cheap, IMO. *at least compared to mine* LOL

momof4inMi
04-21-2003, 02:23 PM
MK ya got it right he's another Chow :D and your NOT butting in of all ppl you'd know :D:D She owns both parents and says that their temperment considering how chow's are in some cases when not interacted properly <you n i both know about them> :) That they are mild which is a plus they have already interacted the pups with small kids too :D .....her original price was $500 shes had them to the vets for the first 2 sets of shots and they are registered ... :) Really she just said that she's looking for a good home for them this is their first litter and said that $ isnt a issue its the security so here's hoping i believe im gonna go look @ them tonight the kids are already picking out names :)

kelblend
04-21-2003, 02:31 PM
I, myself, don't think its too soon. The only way its too soon is if a kid would say oh no big deal we'll just get another. I'm quite sure yours didn't say that! I hope your 8 yr old loves the dog and it eases some of her sadness!!

~MK~
04-21-2003, 02:37 PM
OK..well my concern is possibly a BYB..there are a few warning signs. BUT I will say, MOST ppl are not as "retentive" about dogs as I am. LOL Just if you support BYB's, there's going to be LOTS of pups in shelters each year. If ppl don't buy from these ppl, there would be a few less homeless dogs, because simply, they will just stop producing. *NOW I'M GETTING OFF MY SOAPBOX* LOL

Have fun with your new fur baby. :D

*PS* PLEASE make sure you spend LOTS of time with the parents.