PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson News

mydnitedzr
04-20-2003, 07:24 PM
I just heard from the news that Scott was carrying $10,000 on him when he was arrested.

Plus, ealier Scotts' Parents told media that their son is innocent.

WHAT????????? This is crazy!

Why does he have all that money?

Please respond I'd like to see what people think?
INNOCENT OR GUILTY?

I personally think he's GUILTY.

1busymomma
04-20-2003, 07:37 PM
I think he is guilty, it sounds like so many of the other cases such as the Christian Longo case etc.... (why can I not think of the other guy in OR that killed his family recently?)

newwiccan
04-20-2003, 07:43 PM
He also had his brother's ID and had changed his hair color and said it was from swimming in a pool.

MusicfanAnnie
04-20-2003, 07:45 PM
Thankgod the cops were keeping tabs on Scott Peterson...Police thought he was trying to flee off to Mexico..police brought him in just in time!!!

He sure looks guilty alright! I feel so bad for Lacis family....

miccit
04-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 1busymomma
I think he is guilty, it sounds like so many of the other cases such as the Christian Longo case etc.... (why can I not think of the other guy in OR that killed his family recently?)

Edward Morris was the guy who killed his family in Tillamook.

I never did hear in the Longo case who did he say killed the other 2 children. I know he admitted to killing his wife and the little one, he said he didn't kill the other 2.

Oh and I think Scott Petersen is so guilty!

IFeelLucky
04-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Yes hes Guilty, He freaked when she surfaced, This all makes sense, the money, look change, ect. Im glad Big Brother was watching his A$$!

belcherpi
04-20-2003, 08:20 PM
I think he is GUILTY!! If he isn't he sure looks like it, why would he change his hair color grow the goatee and have all that money on him? I feel he was ready to flee to Mexico. I am glad they arrested him when they did.

Tadbit
04-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Guilty....

lynde
04-20-2003, 08:48 PM
guilty-may he burn in hell & suffer dearly 'til he gets there

odyssey
04-20-2003, 09:28 PM
I believe they arrested him on the golf course.
They have both Lacy's and His new car in police evidence.

I think it was so odd that he didn't come out early in the week and say something like, I hope that the body found is not that of my wife and unborn baby. but since Sunday when the baby was found he had no comment. He is charged with 2 counts of murder.

:( situation

Blackberry
04-20-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by miccit

I never did hear in the Longo case who did he say killed the other 2 children. I know he admitted to killing his wife and the little one, he said he didn't kill the other 2.

Oh, you'll love this: Christian Longo said that he came home and found that his wife had killed the two kids, and in his anger and rage he killed her and the 2 year old. Ok, even if that were true (which is ridiculous!) you don't kill your 2 year old because your wife killed the other 2 kids. He is just SICK! His poor innocent babies and wife. :mad:

KrystallizedFlame
04-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by odyssey
I believe they arrested him on the golf course.
They have both Lacy's and His new car in police evidence.

I think it was so odd that he didn't come out early in the week and say something like, I hope that the body found is not that of my wife and unborn baby. but since Sunday when the baby was found he had no comment. He is charged with 2 counts of murder.

:( situation

The police don't have Laci's SUV anymore. They returned it to Scott weeks ago and he traded it in for a new truck. The dealership gave to Laci's family paid in full....

1busymomma
04-20-2003, 10:54 PM
Edward Morris was the guy who killed his family in Tillamook.

Oh and I think Scott Petersen is so guilty!

Yes that is it!!!!!! In the Christian Longo case he claims that his wife Maryjane killed the two oldest and then he killed her and the baby in self defense (or something sick like that) He recieved the death sentence.

1busymomma
04-20-2003, 10:57 PM
O.k. I really should read ALL of the posts before responding to one!!!! Sorry!

hotwheelstx
04-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Sounds to much like the Charles Stuart case to me. "Goodnight sweet wife" back in the mid 90's. He finally killed himself.

Based on a true events, this is the story of Charles Stuart, who claimed that a robber had shot him and killed his pregnant wife. Needless to say, the investigation started turning up some pieces that just didn't fit into this puzzle. ~

John List

http://www.crimelibrary.com/classics/list/

Guilty........................
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

justme23
04-21-2003, 02:18 AM
For the sake of going w/ 'innocent until proven guilty'... Scott Petterson took a business trip to Mexico 6 weeks ago and CAME BACK all by himself. The police knew he was going and knew when he came back... if he was looking to run away from a crime why did he return? One might assume it is because the bodies hadn't been found and felt he was still 'getting away w/ it', but that reasoning isn't really viable as he knew he was the main suspect and would eventually be arrested. The police don't need a body to arrest and convict someone of murder, and they have done it many times.

works4me
04-21-2003, 03:41 AM
I think he came back because the trip was to set up a "safe place" should the need arise......

~MK~
04-21-2003, 05:16 AM
GUILTY :mad:

hotwheelstx
04-21-2003, 05:37 AM
Just a few minutes ago they were talking about Scott Peterson and showing him on t.v. in a 6 row cell and can have up to 2 visitors a day if he wishes and make phone calls (collect). Also, he's let out to exercise, bath daily.

Hasn't had any visitors, made any calls.

arraigned this afternoon and it might be televised.

Just curious doesn't your hair only turn that color if you're naturally a blonde???
Why would you rinse your hair w/peroxide if you're dark haired???

My aunt is blonde (natually) and I've never seen her hair that color either by using peroxide or ammonia.

He bought the wrong color............GUILTY. I also think that he was in Mexico trying to find a safe "haven"

Who in their right mind carries that amt. of cash on them???? Yes, you can be a bank officer for your co. and go to the bank to deposit but, usually it's not that much cash...........

They also mentioned that he was still having an affair at the time of Laci's disappearance. When she found out she broke it off.

I think it's a case of wanting to be w/another woman and not wanting to lose money, property.

WHAT A LOW LIFE. GUILTY :mad: GUILTY:mad: GUILTY
:mad:

:( :( :( :( :( :(

~MK~
04-21-2003, 05:53 AM
He was also using his brother's ID and name.

MommyG3
04-21-2003, 06:01 AM
guilty

RobMom
04-21-2003, 06:04 AM
That guy is guilty. I don't know what evidence they have, since they aren't telling us, but he still appears guilty. People just don't change their appearance, have all that money on them, carry someone else's ID for nothing.

AKISS
04-21-2003, 02:08 PM
Ok....... dont yell at me but we live under the law that we are innocent untill proven guilty. The media has all ready tried and convicted him. I am glad that the police are not letting the details come out so hopefully there will be a fair trial. I have the opinion like others( it is not good about him), I just hope if proven that he did it that he gets the chair.

*StarDust*
04-21-2003, 02:38 PM
Sorry to anyone who thinks he may be innocent but...

There is just way too much against his being innocent ie. where they found the bodies close to where he was supposed to be fishing, him changing his appearance and headed towards Mexico with a lot of money I think he is a sick SOB and I'm glad that they got him.
I think Guilty

Tasha405
04-21-2003, 03:02 PM
I think he is GUILTY! I think he had the money because he was gonna run. He got scared when the bodies washed up and he was gonna leave the US so they couldn't get him.

Oh and another thing..
He was caught with $10,000 but said he couldn't afford an attorney. :rolleyes: lol

hotwheelstx
04-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Not my opinion but Aggie's. He doesn't think he did it.

Here's what he's mentioned about it.

Anyone has the right to carry that amt. of money in their pocket. No law against it.......................

Who in their "right mind" carries that amt. of cash on them?

Easy way to get robbed if you ask me and why all of a sudden do you have that much cash on you????

If you (me) died I wouldn't want to stay in this house either...........

Why would you leave so quickly, then???? I'm sure you would put things in storage, sale, give away. Wouldn't abandon them. Then come back almost 3 weeks later and mow the grass!!!!!

Everyone has the right to take vacation wherever they want to go. It's no BIG DEAL is someone is following you..........

If you're not guilty why would anyone be following you in the first place??? Would make me (hot) nervous as hell.

Why do you (hotwheels) dye your hair??? Maybe he's going gray, too.............

Yes,I do but not as a disguise. My hair hasn't turned colors due to a lot of swimming.

Maybe he and his brother are twins...........

Yeah, right honey. It's never been mentioned before. I think it would be.

Maybe the cement was to stabilize boat for anchoring................

Can usually do tie a boat up or dock it.

You can go fishing swimming anywhere.....

Who goes Christmas eve? No matter what the weather's like??? Wouldn't you be w/your family, wife? Isn't there enough to do around the house to get ready for the holidays????

You can sale a car or a house anytime you want to...............

Why would you do it so soon after your wife disppeared??? Wouldn't you be distraught over the fact that she was missing and be out looking for her????

Maybe she didn't like him anymore.............

Referring to lover: Then, why did she break up w/him when she found out that Laci had disappeared and Scott was under suspicion. She might know something or Scott might of threatened her. We will probably never know.

Maybe she was suicidal.................

There's no evidence that she was. No evidence of her seen a dr. for mental illness and not taking medicine for depression as far as we know.

Maybe she decided that she didn't want a baby after all....................

There's always giving him/her up for adoption, having relative adopt him/her raise him. You wouldn't wait this long in your pregnancy to do something about it. Besides who would want to die this way????

He's still not convinced he (Scott Peterson) did ANYTHING.

I am he's GUILTY..............if only circumstancial but there's still a lot of ???'s as to why this and why that.............

:( :( :( :( :(

justme23
04-22-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by hotwheelstx
Yeah, right honey. It's never been mentioned before. I think it would be.

ALOT has been left out or conveniently not mentioned. So much faith and power should never be granted to the media... EVER.

It is rediculous to believe w/ what little (and mostly partial at best and some wrong) the media has given us to assume he is guilty. I think everyone should read the thread in OTC w/ the interview his parents gave.

Aside from the fact that most suspects AREN'T allowed to leave the country while under suspicion, the police let him go anyway and he DID come back, this speaks volumes.

There's also the rumor of putting the house for sale. This is NOT a fact. He asked a friend in passing what he thought he could get for it (aside from being reminded of your missing wife and child everyday, would you want to live in a house where everyone and their dog had been flocking to just to peer in a window at you?), but he never hired a realtor, nor did the house ever go on the market.

Then there's the 250k life insurance policy that alot of ppl seem to think is his motive. First, the policy was bought 2 years ago, not recently. It came w/ their home insurance policy and they BOTH had one, not just Laci. More facts the media has left out.

In the weeks after Laci's disappearance the very bay he admitted to fishing in the day she disappeared was drug NUMEROUS times. They never found anything, but the location was publicised SO much that EVERYONE (including the guilty party if it's not Scott) knew where to dump the body at a later time. It is to my understanding that they do not know when she died, she could have very well been alive or at another location when they drug it and dumped there later.

Ok, and here's the big fact that no one seems to know or care about: In January, in the same bay, ANOTHER headless pregnant woman was found and in the same community there are 2 MORE pregnant women missing at the present time... Makes a big difference in the big picture. That's FOUR pregnant women missing, 2 found headless in less than 6 months. Did Scott kill them all to cover up the murder of his wife and child?

Those are facts... here is personal opinion. Had it been me, had a media and general public already found me guilty, could I not go ANYWHERE w/out someone pointing me out in a crowd and calling me a murderer, I assure you I would change my appearance in some way. Innocent ppl put under immense amounts of stress do things we wouldn't deem normal all the time. It may make a person appear all the more guilty, but it is NOT a fact in a crime and does not a guilty person make. I also think (if I truely imagine the situation) that if everyone already thought me guilty and I knew I would eventually be charged w/ CAPITOL murder that I would entertain the notion of running. This is an act of desperation for ones own life, not a declaration of guilt... if you look at the facts there are alot of possibilities and whatifs, and there is NO WAY that anyone knows w/out a shadow of a doubt who is or isn't guilty. We should be encouraging the police to examine EVERY possibility, not telling them what a grand job they've done and to string him up w/out even considering every ounce of evidence that we can get our hands on.

Juli67
04-22-2003, 01:21 AM
He's guilty

mesue
04-22-2003, 01:38 AM
Does anyone recall a movie about the Sam Shephard murder case, he was a dr. in Ohio the movie "The Fugitive," was made and also a tv show I think called, "The Running Man" I think was about this case and Sam Shephard was convicted of murder based more on a media feeding frenzy than any real evidence, he was released after hiring F. Lee Bailey but years later. After learning about this case I have never assumed anyones guilt based on what the media shows, I always try to give the benefit of doubt and hope I would get the same benefit of doubt. Sure he looks guilty but that does not make it so, yes its true that he could've done it but its just as easy for me to believe that he did not based on justme23's next to the last paragraph. There are a lot of crazies out there and its very possible that someone (serial killer mentioned in justme23's post) got her while she was walking the dog in the park. So far the only thing thats been proven is he was not a faithful husband.

justme23
04-22-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by mesue
Does anyone recall a movie about the Sam Shephard murder case, he was a dr. in Ohio the movie "The Fugitive," was made and also a tv show I think called, "The Running Man" I think was about this case and Sam Shephard was convicted of murder based more on a media feeding frenzy than any real evidence, he was released after hiring F. Lee Bailey but years later.

Mesue, thank you... You know, I own, have watched many times and LOVE this movie but it just never dawned on me to use it as an example... a very vivid and true account put on a big motion picture for literally millions of ppl to see just how screwy the media is. This movie (and the fact that it's completely true) is the absolute best example anyone could give for 'possible doubt of guilt' in this for instance and just how 'dramatized' and one sided the media truely is. Thanx for posting this example.

mesue
04-22-2003, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by justme23
Mesue, thank you... You know, I own, have watched many times and LOVE this movie but it just never dawned on me to use it as an example... a very vivid and true account put on a big motion picture for literally millions of ppl to see just how screwy the media is. This movie (and the fact that it's completely true) is the absolute best example anyone could give for 'possible doubt of guilt' in this for instance and just how 'dramatized' and one sided the media truely is. Thanx for posting this example.

Your welcome, Poor Sam Shephard's life was ruined forever, not to mention how this travesty of justice affected his young son's life not only did this child lose his Mom but also his Dad, did you know that one of the people who had done some work around the house was a man convicted of murder years later, not to mention that as it turns out there were tons more possible suspects than the husband. does anyone know who the killer was who had done some work for Sam Shephard, I think it was in the capacity of a window washer or something like that?

MommyG3
04-22-2003, 07:45 AM
Justme, you made these points in another thread and after seeing all this, I change my mind. I have heard about one other pregnant woman in that area that was missing. I didn't know about the other bodies until it was posted here. I will just have to wait and see all evidence. It is a total shame that we all want to jump on the band wagon and convict before all the evidence is given. I hope the real killer is brought to justice...whoever that person is.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Juli67
He's guilty

I agree. I mean, he changed his hair color, he even changed his eyebrow color, grew a goatee, had $10,000 in cash on him, had his brother's ID. Plus, he told his parents he couldn't come home. And I totally think he is guilty.

lpelham
04-22-2003, 08:16 AM
Your welcome, Poor Sam Shephard's life was ruined forever, not to mention how this travesty of justice affected his young son's life not only did this child lose his Mom but also his Dad, did you know that one of the people who had done some work around the house was a man convicted of murder years later, not to mention that as it turns out there were tons more possible suspects than the husband. does anyone know who the killer was who had done some work for Sam Shephard, I think it was in the capacity of a window washer or something like that?

I think Sam Sheppard's son worked to try to clear his name. And remember when the media tried to raise suspecion about Elizabeth Smart's family. But, I will admit I think Scott Peterson is guilty - I mean he changed his hair color and had $10,000 on him near the Mexican border? Come on! If he was innocent, you would have thought SOMEONE would have advised him against those things.

Libby

Nikkole
04-22-2003, 08:37 AM
Question if she was killed walking the dog then why did the blood hounds stop sniffing at the driveway she never took her car that morning the park was a few feet away from where she lived the dogs would of picked up and followed the scent.
Why was there traces of blood and vomit on a mop in the kitchen?
If he was not guilty then why the need to change his look, sell everything that was hers and be arrested near the Mexico border with $10,000 dollars and Mexico does not indict people sorry about the spelling if the US police are after them.
so he could of went to Mexico been a free man and never had to worry about the US law catching up to him..
Has anyone thought that maybe Scott decided that killing his baby and wife was easier then a divorce??
He was cheating and maybe his girlfriend put the heat on him to divorce her if you want to be with me..
In killing Laci he thought he could move on not have to pay her alimony and child support that he could be free to be with who ever he wanted to and loose nothing.
From interviews I have seen with friends he was known to lie I mean come on how does your black hair get bleached to strawberry blonde from the pool??
Maybe she knew he was cheating and confronted him about it, threated to leave or demanded him to stop before the baby came a very heated argument he got angry and killed her..
We may never know what happened, Laci and Conner are in God's hands now..
I have read that one of the famlies had a medium come in and what she was able to get from the reading was so very sad it describes the death inflicted on Laci second by second one part was "I can feel water it's so cold I can hear water rushing past my head, it smells so bad", I got chills reading it and cried.
The information was given to police they have used the medium before and she has solved many cases..

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 09:03 AM
Nikkole has brought up some very good points, I remember them saying that 1 of the blood hounds kept going to a spot in the driveway. I never heard about the blood and vomit on the mop. The thing about the medium, I have never heard, but it is interesting.

justme23
04-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Nikkole
Mexico does not indict people sorry about the spelling if the US police are after them.
so he could of went to Mexico been a free man and never had to worry about the US law catching up to him..

It's extradite and you are the second person on the boards I've seen say this. I think maybe this is the confusion between Mexico and Canada. While Canada is known for not extraditing prisoners who will be tried on capitol charges because they deem it as cruel and unusual as a whole, Mexico WILL ABSOLUTELY extradite anyone. If he were looking for a safe haven from the death penalty he should have gone North, not South. Ok, I checked a few places and it is true that Mexico has an extradition treaty that allowes them to hold prisoners that could face the death penalty, statistically there is only one man they have refused to extradite (that was way back in 97 and is the only case I can find ... maybe someone else would have better luck) and they did this out of anger w/ us (specifically virginia) who put a 'Mexican National' to death for his role in a murder for hire case... So while they do have the right to not extradite anyone facing death row, they don't usually and w/ all things political, use it when it suits them.

That said, it should be pointed out that nothing I say is in defense of Scott. I am simply trying to point out that there is alot of things to consider that alot of ppl are not considering, primarily the fact that Laci is not the only pregnant victim (she's one of four very pregnant victims in the same community, even if Scott IS guilty, it seems logical to me that there should STILL be a massive manhunt for a man out to hurt women... especially the pregnant). The media is given entirely too much faith and power... a media we all gladly agree to jump on w/ some cases and in others think they speak the word of god.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 09:31 AM
It's extradite and you are the second person on the boards I've seen say this. I think maybe this is the confusion between Mexico and Canada. While Canada is known for not extraditing prisoners who will be tried on capitol charges because they deem it as cruel and unusual as a whole, Mexico WILL ABSOLUTELY extradite anyone. If he were looking for a safe haven from the death penalty he should have gone North, not South. Hollywood fills our heads w/ lots of myths, crossing the Mexican border to freedom is apparently one of them... but it is just that... a myth.

That said, it should be pointed out that nothing I say is in defense of Scott. I am simply trying to point out that there is alot of things to consider that alot of ppl are not considering, primarily the fact that Laci is not the only pregnant victim (she's one of four very pregnant victims in the same community, even if Scott IS guilty, it seems logical to me that there should STILL be a massive manhunt for a man out to hurt women... especially the pregnant). The media is given entirely too much faith and power... a media we all gladly agree to jump on w/ some cases and in others think they speak the word of god.

I had also read in one of the articles about him that Mexico doesn't or wont extradite people.

justme23
04-22-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by MySonNick1
I had also read in one of the articles about him that Mexico doesn't or wont extradite people.

I edited my post to reflect what I found... living in the south, in the state that statistically carries out more deaths in one year than all the other states combined... along w/ it bordering Mexico... I assure you, they DO extradite ppl.

redrig
04-22-2003, 09:45 AM
but most innocent people do everything in their power to tell anyone and everyone of their innocence. And with all the attention focused on him if he were innocent he should be on tv, pissed, screaming witch hunt. It's true guilty people also proclaim their innocence, but seldom with the anger seen of the wrongly accused. JMO!!!

justme23
04-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by redrig
but most innocent people do everything in their power to tell anyone and everyone of their innocence. And with all the attention focused on him if he were innocent he should be on tv, pissed, screaming witch hunt. It's true guilty people also proclaim their innocence, but seldom with the anger seen of the wrongly accused. JMO!!!

People generally follow the advice of their attorneys, which is usually not to say a word... and as I've said before, innocent ppl under immense amounts of stress do seemingly 'guilty looking' things all the time but it's not evidence to a crime and is not grounds for finding a person guilty.

redrig
04-22-2003, 09:56 AM
People generally follow the advice of their attorneys, which is usually not to say a word... and as I've said before, innocent ppl under immense amounts of stress do seemingly 'guilty looking' things all the time but it's not evidence to a crime and is not grounds for finding a person guilty.

Then he should sue the attorney who told him to take 10k and head towards the border:D

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 10:12 AM
I edited my post to reflect what I found... living in the south, in the state that statistically carries out more deaths in one year than all the other states combined... along w/ it bordering Mexico... I assure you, they DO extradite ppl.

But it does say that he may have been headed to Mexico to avoid being caught or arrested.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 10:14 AM
And did anybody see this?

Here it is

April 20, 2003 --

On the day of his arrest, Scott Peterson repeatedly taunted the cops hot on his trail - and was sporting freshly bleached strawberry blond hair and a beard in a feeble attempt to disguise himself, authorities said yesterday.

The 30-year-old fertilizer salesman was also carrying $10,000 in cash when he was picked up by authorities, a law-enforcement official told the Los Angeles Times. The discovery lends credence to investigators' theory that Peterson planned to bolt to Mexico to avoid capture.

Peterson, who is to be arraigned tomorrow on capital murder charges for the death of his wife, Laci, and their unborn son, was arrested Friday morning at a La Jolla golf course in the San Diego area.

In the days leading up to his arrest, Peterson was followed closely by cops - who zeroed in on him once Laci's headless body and the couple's dead child washed ashore at San Francisco Bay last week.

As Peterson drove around La Jolla, he became aware he was being tailed, California Attorney General Bill Lockyer said.

And at one point, Lockyer said, Peterson pulled over, got out of his car, walked back to the investigators and asked why they were following him.

Lockyer said Peterson was acting like a "smart aleck" by driving up and down the freeway and waving at them.

Investigators had used "wiretaps on phones, tracking vehicles, all of the technology available" to keep track of Peterson, Lockyer said.

They even attached a tracking device to his car.

Since the discovery of the bodies, Peterson had stayed out of public view - and had bleached his brown hair blond and grew facial hair. Authorities said genetic odds "in the billions" proved that two bodies found on the California shore were Laci Peterson and her baby.

He was taken into custody and charged with killing the 27-year-old Laci, who disappeared Christmas Eve, and her unborn son, who was to be named Connor.

When he was nabbed at the Torrey Pines Golf Course driving his Mercedes, Peterson was wearing a white polo shirt and khaki shorts.

Two sources at the municipal course said his father, Lee Peterson, had an 8 a.m. tee time Friday - although it was unclear if either played.

Thirteen hours after he was arrested, Scott Peterson arrived at the Stanislaus County Jail, where he was met by a crowd of about 200, some of them toting signs that read "Murderer" and "Baby Killer."

Also yesterday, investigators said they had been close to nabbing Peterson even before the remains were discovered.

Modesto Police Chief Roy Wasden said a $50,000 reward for information leading to Laci's body remained unclaimed, a detail that "continued to reinforce that one person knew what happened to Laci and where Laci was."

Peterson's mom, Jacqueline, declined to comment on her son's arrest. "I'm not talking until they resolve this whole thing," she told the Contra Costa Times.

Laci's family had pleaded with Peterson to cooperate with police, who had labeled him "uncooperative."

District Attorney Jim Brazelton refused to say if he would seek the death penalty.

Peterson's attorney, Kirk McAllister, did not return a call for comment.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 10:17 AM
In that article it says that he taunted the cops that were on his trail and at one point, he got out of his car and walked up to the investigators and asked why they were following him. I say he's guilty.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 10:19 AM
I mean my gosh...The day they arrested him, he was driving down the freeway and waving at the investigatoors like a smart aleck. What does that say about him?

justme23
04-22-2003, 10:24 AM
But it does say that he may have been headed to Mexico to avoid being caught or arrested.

Ok, again, I am NOT saying he's innocent, simply pointing out discrepencies in what the media gives us and the 'whole picture'.

That said, if you put yourself in the position of someone who is facing the death penalty, would you not entertain the thought of running? It's quite common to do things to save your own life, just because it's put in a paper doesn't make you guilty.

dlwt
04-22-2003, 10:34 AM
All I hope is that he gets a Fair trial. So down the road nobody feels anyone was railroaded. I personally feel he is guilty BUT he needs a fair trial. Maybe some hot rod attorney so he gets the best representation because I certainly hate to see a innocent man go to jail.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 10:36 AM
In the weeks after Laci's disappearance the very bay he admitted to fishing in the day she disappeared was drug NUMEROUS times. They never found anything, but the location was publicised SO much that EVERYONE (including the guilty party if it's not Scott) knew where to dump the body at a later time. It is to my understanding that they do not know when she died, she could have very well been alive or at another location when they drug it and dumped there later.

Actually, I read in an article that said Sources close to the investigation told CNN that a search was conducted in mid-March near the marina with a side-scanning sonar. The sonar detected what investigators thought might be a body attached to a weight that was keeping it at the bottom of the bay, but turbulent water kept divers from reaching the object.

When the divers returned later, they didn't find a body but "saw some anomalies," the sources said. The area is near where the remains turned up this week, they said.

I think it was her body.

justme23
04-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Actually, I read in an article that said Sources close to the investigation told CNN that a search was conducted in mid-March near the marina with a side-scanning sonar. The sonar detected what investigators thought might be a body attached to a weight that was keeping it at the bottom of the bay, but turbulent water kept divers from reaching the object.

When the divers returned later, they didn't find a body but "saw some anomalies," the sources said. The area is near where the remains turned up this week, they said.

I think it was her body.

That may very well have been her body, but I fail to see the relevance as I've said time and again, my debate is not over his innocence or guilt, simply the 'facts as the media sees them'... the problem is, I'm not trying to debate (or prove) innocence or guilt here. Aside from the fact that you can't and won't be able to prove w/ just media sources to me that he is guilty... the point I am trying to get at in ALL of my posts is that the media leaves alot to be desired in the 'evidence' category. I think I've proved beyond a doubt that they have left quite a bit out, or misrepresented by showing a biased side to some evidence, which was all I was EVER trying to prove. I simply ask that everything be considered, not just what the media would have us believe is the ultimate truth.

That said, you and I will just have to agree to disagree, cause nothing the media prints will ever be enough for me to consider guilt or innocence... I'll save my ultimate opinion on that for the (hopefully fair) trial on courtTV.

Alexandria
04-22-2003, 11:21 AM
He is SO guilty he stinks ! I suppose his beard grew from the swimming pool too ? Oh .. and everybody drives around with $10,000 cash .. don't you ?? His "former" lawyer said the money can be explained .. oh sure .. the bank was closed, right ? I hope he rots in hell for what he did. Laci was probably going to divorce him and take the baby away so he killed her. NOBODY'S life is as "perfect" as his parents make his out to be.

Nobody likes baby-killers in prison .. so I'm sure dear Scott will be well taken care of. Serves him right to be some big guys b*tch ! I felt bad for his family at one time but now that they're laying blame on the police ("they bungled the case") I'm not so sure that they deserve any pity and I'm not so sure they really believe he is innocent. Interesting that he now has a public defender because he can't "afford" an attorney .. why aren't mommy and daddy coughing up the cash for a lawyer for their "innocent" son ??

Laci and Conner deserve pity. Laci's family deserves pity. Two young lives were stolen .. one before it even began. A family was robbed of their daughter, sister and grandson. Let's not forget that.

mesue
04-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Alexandria
! I felt bad for his family at one time but now that they're laying blame on the police ("they bungled the case") I'm not so sure that they deserve any pity and I'm not so sure they really believe he is innocent. Interesting that he now has a public defender because he can't "afford" an attorney .. why aren't mommy and daddy coughing up the cash for a lawyer for their "innocent" son ??

Laci and Conner deserve pity. Laci's family deserves pity. Two young lives were stolen .. one before it even began. A family was robbed of their daughter, sister and grandson. Let's not forget that.

I'm not saying he is innocent but until all the facts are in we really don't know anything for sure.JMO But the one thing I am sure of is that both families are suffering loss of a loved ones. If he did this Scott's family will definitely lose him too, can you imagine the horror of realizing that someone you loved and raised could commit such a crime. I feel sorry for both families they are both going through hell right now.

KrystallizedFlame
04-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Ok...I read the post about 3 other missing pregnant women in the community. I live in Modesto, in fact 1 1/2 miles from the Peterson home and I am sorry to say that there were and is no reports of other missing pregnant women in "this" community. Here in Modesto we here and see more than the rest of the country on this case and even though Scott has not been convicted yet....HE is definitely GUILTY!!!!! He told John Walsh from America's Most Wanted that he was too busy playing golf to be interviewed....a man who's wife and unborn child missing.... I am sorry but his actions, cold heart, no remorse speaks volumes and in my book puts another nail in his coffin. Everything he has done since Laci and Connor went missing is more proof of that. I can't not wait for his trial to be over with because until then the Rocha family cannot heal knowing that justice has not been done yet. Just my 2 cents.

justme23
04-22-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by KrystallizedFlame
Ok...I read the post about 3 other missing pregnant women in the community. I live in Modesto, in fact 1 1/2 miles from the Peterson home and I am sorry to say that there were and is no reports of other missing pregnant women in "this" community. Here in Modesto we here and see more than the rest of the country on this case and even though Scott has not been convicted yet....HE is definitely GUILTY!!!!! He told John Walsh from America's Most Wanted that he was too busy playing golf to be interviewed....a man who's wife and unborn child missing.... I am sorry but his actions, cold heart, no remorse speaks volumes and in my book puts another nail in his coffin. Everything he has done since Laci and Connor went missing is more proof of that. I can't not wait for his trial to be over with because until then the Rocha family cannot heal knowing that justice has not been done yet. Just my 2 cents.

Well I can't for the life of me figure out why his parents would make it up, knowing if it weren't true someone would point it out... so I'm just confused.

IFeelLucky
04-22-2003, 08:08 PM
Maybe he's a serial killer. makes you wonder don't it???

KrystallizedFlame
04-22-2003, 08:11 PM
There was one other lady that they found in the bay near where Laci was found but that was back in January. But it was determined that she was not pregnant. As for why his parents said that I do not know for certain. I feel they strongly believe that Scott is innocent. But the truth will come out and when it does I feel sorry for them at how devastated they will be.

Sha
04-22-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by KrystallizedFlame

KrystallizedFlame, Thank you for setting that straight. I am in Manteca and my brother lives right in your area also. If you just walk anywhere in Modesto, Manteca, Tracy or Stockton area...you will have a very hard time finding anyone protesting that jerks innocence. My brother said Scott did not have a positive influence on neighbors according to others, they said he was arrogant and at times very vocally rude and loud. The man is soo guilty.

MySonNick1
04-22-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Sha
KrystallizedFlame, Thank you for setting that straight.

Yes....Thank you.

cherish328
04-22-2003, 09:23 PM
I feel that Scott is a sicko...I think that Laci found out that he was screwing around, and confronted him about it, he got mad, took her off some where, terrorized her, she hasd the baby, and then killed them both. I'm still trying to figure out how in the world she gave birth if she was already dead. I can't figure that out. But thats just my opinion on the whole thing.

DBackFan
04-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by cherish328
I feel that Scott is a sicko...I think that Laci found out that he was screwing around, and confronted him about it, he got mad, took her off some where, terrorized her, she hasd the baby, and then killed them both. I'm still trying to figure out how in the world she gave birth if she was already dead. I can't figure that out. But thats just my opinion on the whole thing.

Well as sick as it may sound (and it has been reported here already) the body can indeed "deliver" a child after death. Besides which...as the body decomposed (even the cord) the baby left her body and separated. :(

justme23
04-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Sha
KrystallizedFlame, Thank you for setting that straight. I am in Manteca and my brother lives right in your area also. If you just walk anywhere in Modesto, Manteca, Tracy or Stockton area...you will have a very hard time finding anyone protesting that jerks innocence. My brother said Scott did not have a positive influence on neighbors according to others, they said he was arrogant and at times very vocally rude and loud. The man is soo guilty.

I just don't understand this logic. It's pretty safe to say that a big chunk of our country is arrogant and vocally rude and loud and alot of ppl 'don't have positive influences on neighborhoods and communities'... but how does any of this amount to evidence of guilt in a murder? I know alot of you that are close to the community hear alot more about it than the rest of us, but being guilty of being a jerk does not make one guilty of murder?

Sha
04-22-2003, 10:56 PM
I was just quoting on about what my brother said about scott...thinking maybey someone else may be able to correct the rumor or not..Didn't claim that him being a jerk made him a murderer. I am just as interested as anyone else of what really happened. I like to hear peoples opinions.

justme23
04-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Sha
I was just quoting on about what my brother said about scott...thinking maybey someone else may be able to correct the rumor or not..Didn't claim that him being a jerk made him a murderer. I am just as interested as anyone else of what really happened. I like to hear peoples opinions.

Then I misunderstood what you were saying. :)

Sha
04-22-2003, 11:17 PM
Then I misunderstood what you were saying. :)

Not a prob...I think it's just been one of those emotionally challenged nights! :) Lots of good posts and good subjects. LOL!
I ramble too..things may not be as well explained as they should! LOL!;)

justme23
04-24-2003, 06:58 PM
I really didn't think his parents were lying... the other pregnant woman that everyone contends w/out proof didn't happen... well now it's been on both fox news and primetime live. Her name was Evelyn Hernandez.

http://beta.kpix.com/news/local/2002/07/31/Possible_Clue_in_Case_of_Missing_SF_Woman.html

http://www.sacbee.com/24hour/special_reports/laci_peterson/story/6303045p-7253010c.html

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/3995528.htm

Posted on Tue, Sep. 03, 2002

Torso found in San Francisco Bay said to be missing pregnant mom
By Jessie Seyfer
Mercury News

A torso found in San Francisco Bay in July is that of a 24-year-old pregnant woman who had gone missing with her 5-year-old son in May, San Francisco police announced Tuesday.

DNA tests confirmed that the body part, recovered July 24, was Evelyn Hernandez. Homicide detectives were not releasing any further information about the case because it remains under investigation, but sought the public's help in the search for clues.

The whereabouts of Hernandez's young son, Alex, and that of her unborn child, remained unknown.

Hernandez, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, was last heard from May 1, when she talked by telephone to her boyfriend, 36-year-old Herman Aguilera, and to her sister. On May 31, a passerby reported to police finding her wallet, containing cash and a paycheck, near a shallow canal off of East Grand Avenue in South San Francisco.

Police initially suspected she might have left town because of a dispute with her boyfriend, but Aguilera said they had no quarrel. Police are not calling Aguilera a suspect.

Hernandez lived in the Crocker-Amazon area of southern San Francisco.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call San Francisco police inspectors Joseph Toomey or Holly Pera at (415) 553-1145 or the anonymous tip line at (415) 431-2127.

KrystallizedFlame
04-24-2003, 07:07 PM
That was last year...I was referring to the womans body that was found in January...and that woman was not from Modesto.

Sha
04-24-2003, 07:15 PM
I really didn't think his parents were lying... the other pregnant woman that everyone contends w/out proof didn't happen... well now it's been on both fox news and primetime live. Her name was Evelyn Hernandez.

Ya know I thought of that along time ago, but this poor woman lives and disappeared in the Bay Area. Modesto is a good 2-3 hour drive (depending on traffic) away from here. It seems like we are closer to the Bay Area when they talk about it on the news. Not saying it couldn't be a vague possibility...I love this. Kinda makes you wonder but yet, I still think Scott is guilty. Now you got me reading on it again! LOL!;)

justme23
04-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Sha
Ya know I thought of that along time ago, but this poor woman lives and disappeared in the Bay Area. Modesto is a good 2-3 hour drive (depending on traffic) away from here. It seems like we are closer to the Bay Area when they talk about it on the news. Not saying it couldn't be a vague possibility...I love this. Kinda makes you wonder but yet, I still think Scott is guilty. Now you got me reading on it again! LOL!;)

While I can't find any written proof, they said on dateline that this particular woman (and if you read one of the articles it speaks of another woman besides this one as well) was found 20 miles from where Laci was found... found, not lived, so I don't know. It just should be pointed out that Laci isn't the only one (and 2002 when she was found is NOT a long time ago... Laci went missing in 2002 as well)... at any rate, my point primarily is that the media only reports what gets ratings in their crusade and NONE of this got national attention until Scotts parents brought it up. Only then did it become important (to the public so brought ratings) and hit various news sites across the country... which again begs the question. This was an 8 month pregnant woman, she DESERVED national attention as well... why is Laci so special? Money speaks volumes I know, but it's just wrong to not report it all... to me, it is deceiving.

miccit
04-24-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by 13ducks
Oh, you'll love this: Christian Longo said that he came home and found that his wife had killed the two kids, and in his anger and rage he killed her and the 2 year old. Ok, even if that were true (which is ridiculous!) you don't kill your 2 year old because your wife killed the other 2 kids. He is just SICK! His poor innocent babies and wife. :mad:

OMG I didn't hear he said that. What a sick twisted man! Didn't they sentence him to die?

miccit
04-24-2003, 09:27 PM
While I can't find any written proof, they said on dateline that this particular woman (and if you read one of the articles it speaks of another woman besides this one as well) was found 20 miles from where Laci was found... found, not lived, so I don't know. It just should be pointed out that Laci isn't the only one (and 2002 when she was found is NOT a long time ago... Laci went missing in 2002 as well)... at any rate, my point primarily is that the media only reports what gets ratings in their crusade and NONE of this got national attention until Scotts parents brought it up. Only then did it become important (to the public so brought ratings) and hit various news sites across the country... which again begs the question. This was an 8 month pregnant woman, she DESERVED national attention as well... why is Laci so special? Money speaks volumes I know, but it's just wrong to not report it all... to me, it is deceiving.

As for the not bringing it up. Haven't you noticed that with all the kids who are kidnapped in the United States not all of them get the big media attention that some get. Look at Elizabeth Smart, everyone knew she had been kidnapped. Have you ever heard of Erica Baker? She is (was) a friend of my dot's. She disappeared February 7, 1999. There was no big national fanfare when she disappeared. She was briefly mentioned on AMW in 1999 and in a small article in some magazine the same year. But, it wasn't on CNN or any other big news station. I am not sure how they decide who is worthy of the big news and who isn't. I don't think it is fair, they should all get equal time. Sorry, this is a very sensitive subject for me as this was a child who played at my house on several occasions. :(

justme23
04-24-2003, 11:50 PM
As for the not bringing it up. Haven't you noticed that with all the kids who are kidnapped in the United States not all of them get the big media attention that some get. Look at Elizabeth Smart, everyone knew she had been kidnapped. Have you ever heard of Erica Baker? She is (was) a friend of my dot's. She disappeared February 7, 1999. There was no big national fanfare when she disappeared. She was briefly mentioned on AMW in 1999 and in a small article in some magazine the same year. But, it wasn't on CNN or any other big news station. I am not sure how they decide who is worthy of the big news and who isn't. I don't think it is fair, they should all get equal time. Sorry, this is a very sensitive subject for me as this was a child who played at my house on several occasions. :(

It should be a sensitive subject to EVERYONE... not just those who have money and can pay for lots of media attention. Maybe I'm just biased... I know w/out the Amber alert system ALOT more children would stay missing than they used to, but I think it's sad that this one case (because she was pregnant when she was murdered?) got SO much attention while another very poor woman has only come to light because Scotts parents PUT it in the light... She was 8 months pregnant too, so if that's the reason the media chose to make it so big, then I fail to see why the other one didn't... Or maybe it's huge cause that's where Chandra(sp) Levy and Gary Condit are from... either way I think it's just WAY wrong. Elizabeth Smarts family is loaded too... not that I have a problem w/ the wealthy ppl in this country, they for the most part worked hard for their money... and I realize most parents would do ANYTHING to bring their child home, but as far as the media is concerned, they should do more equal coverage.

mesue
04-25-2003, 12:07 AM

Can you post her picture and the details in a thread, I'm sure if you don't know how to do this (I can't either) someone here will let you email it to them and post it for you or if there is a website please post it, I always try and look at the pictures because you never know you might see that child and if it were one of mine I would certainly want everyone to at least take the time to look. Like you I have always wondered about why some gets so much media attention and others don't. I wonder if the richer people hire a person who are familiar with the system and how to work the media to get the attention they need.

miccit
04-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Can you post her picture and the details in a thread, I'm sure if you don't know how to do this (I can't either) someone here will let you email it to them and post it for you or if there is a website please post it, I always try and look at the pictures because you never know you might see that child and if it were one of mine I would certainly want everyone to at least take the time to look. Like you I have always wondered about why some gets so much media attention and others don't. I wonder if the richer people hire a person who are familiar with the system and how to work the media to get the attention they need.

I know she is on the missing persons website. I will have to find a pic and post it.

I was reading up on the newspaper back home the other day. Apparently a hooker told her lawyer that she and some guys were out partying in a van and accidentally hit and killed Erica. They freaked and buried the body. The hooker is now dead (I believe she overdosed in jail). The lawyer will not tell the police where the hooker said they buried Erica at. The family and police are going through the courts to make this attorney talk. The attorney is saying she has attorney/client confidentiality (sp) to worry about. The hooker is dead, the hookers family wants the lawyer to talk. What is the problem. I know her family just want closure. I feel so awful for them. She is the cutest little girl and is so sweet.

Here is her picture, I couldn't remember where I had it on my computer.

http://www.lrcf.net/photos/erica.baker.lite.jpg

mesue
04-26-2003, 01:11 AM
She is so beautiful, can't believe that stupid lawyer won't talk since there is no problem with client confidentiality if he is telling the truth. I think they should jerk his license to practice until he does talk since there is no problem with the family and he is considered an officer of the court then he is clearly obstructing justice I hope they put his butt in jail too. I'm so sorry it wasn't better news.

miccit
04-26-2003, 07:35 AM
She is so beautiful, can't believe that stupid lawyer won't talk since there is no problem with client confidentiality if he is telling the truth. I think they should jerk his license to practice until he does talk since there is no problem with the family and he is considered an officer of the court then he is clearly obstructing justice I hope they put his butt in jail too. I'm so sorry it wasn't better news.

They told her she was in contempt of court for not telling what she knew. They told her she could go to jail, but she still wouldn't talk. It is supposed to go to trial soon. I am hoping they will make her talk.

newwiccan
04-27-2003, 08:25 PM
miccit-I've seen Erica's picture somewhere. It' so horrible. :(

Paper: Peterson Remains Located in March

RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) - The bodies of Laci Peterson and her unborn child were located on the bottom of San Francisco Bay weeks before they washed up on shore, but a ship may have dislodged the remains before they could be retrieved, a newspaper reported Sunday.

The Oakland Tribune reported that sonar equipment located what authorities believed to be the remains of Peterson and her baby in mid-March, long before Peterson's husband, Scott Peterson, was arrested and charged with the murders.

But even after finding the underwater graves, authorities could not retrieve the remains, sources said.

``When we got back out there, she was gone,'' a source told the paper. Investigators believe that a heavily laden tanker may have dislodged the remains, which were in a shipping channel.

Doug Ridenour, a spokesman for the police in Modesto, where Peterson and her husband lived, declined to comment about the report.

Reporters were waiting on shore the day the bodies were initially found, but investigators kept the discovery a secret out of fear that Scott Peterson would flee the country, a law enforcement source told the Tribune.

The original gravesite was miles from where Scott Peterson told police he had gone fishing on Christmas Eve, the day he says that Laci Peterson vanished from the couple's Modesto home.

When she disappeared, Laci Peterson was eight months pregnant with a son she had already named Conner. The remains of mother and son were found at the edge of San Francisco Bay on April 13 and 14.

Fearing that he might flee to Mexico, police arrested Scott Peterson a few days later and charged him with two counts of first-degree murder. Stanislaus County prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty.

Law enforcement sources told the Tribune that the remains may have been wrapped in plastic and held down by heavy material. Sonar originally located the bodies in a dredged shipping channel about four miles off Brooks Island, a bird sanctuary just off shore from the town on Richmond on the east side of San Francisco Bay.

Scott Peterson told police that he was fishing for sturgeon close to the island, an unlikely story given the shallow water around the island, the paper reported.

``When those remains washed up, it confirmed everybody's suspicions,'' one source told the paper. ``We know where she was put, and it wasn't in that shallow area around Brooks Island.''

The shipping channel where the bodies were originally spotted is dredged to a depth of about 43 feet, but heavily loaded oil tankers headed for a nearby Chevon refinery sometimes have only two feet of water under their keels, said Blake Coney, a pilot who guides ships in and out of the mostly shallow bay.

At low tide, a ship's screws could easily churn the bottom of the bay and dislodge a body, Coney told the paper.

``This sounds like a movie plot, and it's creepy,'' he said.

miccit
04-27-2003, 09:04 PM
How awful. My heart goes out to her family. :(

tarbabie
05-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Are you guys forgetting about the mistress??? What an idiot! I agree- GUILTY!

justme23
05-02-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by tarbabie
Are you guys forgetting about the mistress??? What an idiot! I agree- GUILTY!

No, no one has forgotten the mistress or the affair, but having an affair does NOT make someone a murderer. Many of us have already acknowledged this fact in this very thread.