PDA

View Full Version : Tired of being in the middle

belle5691
04-20-2003, 06:55 PM
******: hey girl...just wanted to let you know that i will more than likely be bringing that tv back mon. or tues...because the pic. is messed and its not worth the 50$ if she wants to lower the price ill think about keeping it but for 50 is just to high for what its doing...just let me know what she says...thanks ****

dbr4294: Dang, I wish I was not always in the middle of these things. Thats why I asked YOU to talk to her, not me...I have to live with her!
dbr4294: I hate to do this, but I am staying out of this one...sorry. I told her that you were good for the money, and you guys turned it on and checked it before you left here....I cant get in the middle of this one....been in the middle of too many family stuff now...

This is an offline message from a friend. She bought a tv from my sil...and wanted to take it and may payment at end of month. SIL asked me if I thought it would be okay. I said ****** has bought several things from me before and always paid. Now this!!!! What do I do now?

1busymomma
04-20-2003, 07:35 PM
If she checked it and it worked than she is responsible for paying it. Let SIL deal with it and stay out of it. Just keep referring friend to SIL. That is what I would do. Is there a written agreement about payment at the end of month? SIL can pin her to it.

belle5691
04-20-2003, 07:48 PM
Unfortunately, no written agreement. SIL asked me if I thought it was okay, I replied that is up to you. **** has bought things from me before and always paid for it. Someday I will learn to keep my mouth shut, I guess. And she did check it, was unable to check tv pictures, but had a vcr hooked to it, and the picture was fine to them before they left the house here!

1busymomma
04-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Then they have to pay. SIL could feaseably take her to court to get her money. I probably watch to much peoples court lol. But I think that is the way it works. Once sold, it's a done deal between private parties.

belle5691
04-20-2003, 07:53 PM
All I know is---Thank God I move in 5 days!!!!! I have a new philosophy---don't put in a good word for ANYONE! LOL. Let their reputation speak for themselves. I think this is a good answer to any question, "I DON'T KNOW".