PDA

View Full Version : He really hurt my feelings

Blackberry
04-20-2003, 01:32 PM
I am so upset right now. Crying. I woke up with a bladder infection and we all know how painful they can be. It hurts to move. Dh has been up already for a few hours and is playing his shooting game online which is what he does every spare moment he has. Honestly, I hardly see the guy anymore except for at dinner.

Anyway, I'm in alot of pain and often times I can get rid of an infection by drinking a ton of water, cranberry juice and eating yogurt. So I ask dh if he'd do me a big favor and go to the store for me. And you know what the sob said?? NO! He'd have to take a shower first (because everyone know's that when you go to the store you are automaticly entered in a beauty contest!).

He said no and got angry that I would ask him to! I told him that if this were reversed I would absolutly go and get him what he needs. But he doesn't see things that way. He has no memory for all of the things I do for him. I guess he just expects it so when I do stuff for him it doesn't even sink in.

After he said no he walked away and has been in his room playing his computer game. I swear he is f*cking addicted to that game! So I went to the store and now I'm home and he has no idea and doesn't care. I am really, really hurt (my feelings).

Tasha405
04-20-2003, 01:45 PM
Men totally suck sometimes. I hope you get to feeling better. {{{hugs}}}

Remember this the next time he wants you to do something. ;)

Tadbit
04-20-2003, 01:51 PM
(((((((((((((13ducks)))))))))))))))
Hope you get to feeling better soon. Hey pay backs are H***. Just wiat until he gets sick. Men are such babies when they get sick. He will die if you don't help him. LOL

Blackberry
04-20-2003, 01:51 PM
I guess I need to start keeping a list of everything I do for him & what he does for me (ha!). With dates and times. Maybe then he could get it through his thick skull what a jerk he is.

rain_cries
04-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Actually, what did it for me was making cold sandwiches for dinner every night and not doing any of the little extras I always did. I would get myself a cup of coffee, but not get one for him, etc. Sometimes we have to remind our SO that we are just as important as they are.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

ebgreen74
04-20-2003, 02:48 PM
buy yourself a game and beat him to the computer-let the dishes and laundry pile up-do nothin but play your game-let him see how it feels.

Blackberry
04-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ebgreen74
buy yourself a game and beat him to the computer-let the dishes and laundry pile up-do nothin but play your game-let him see how it feels.

We each have our own computers. He has a room to himself "the computer room" that we used to share. But I have my own computer now in our bedroom. That's why we never see him anymore. He keeps himself in that room with the lights off and his headset on (so he can talk to the people he is playing with). He's usualy so into the game that when I come in he doesn't realize it until I speak & then I scare the sh*t out of him. (I take any small pleasures I can get).

Uhhgg. I'm just so upset. I think I'll try to take a nap, then I won't have to think about him for a while.

By the way, I have chronic depression among other things, and this does not help me at all.

rugratsX2
04-20-2003, 03:16 PM
{{{{{{{{{13ducks}}}}}}}}}}} What game does he play??? I swear you are describing my husband. His game is Counter Strike.... He is in a "clan" and everything, with organized practices and matches.

FMDiva
04-20-2003, 03:28 PM
In this house it is Everquest. He is a Guild Officer with meetings to attend to...I keep telling him I want to schedule a "meeting" very soon...

To hash this little hobby out in the open.

{{{{13ducks and other gamer widows }}}}

rugratsX2
04-20-2003, 03:37 PM
{{{{{{{{{FMDiva}}}}}}}}} I told my hubby to get me a computer so if I have to tell him something I can ICQ him. Because he sure does not listen when I talk!!!!

1busymomma
04-20-2003, 04:05 PM
That is part of the reason my marriage failed. Ex was to busy playing diablo to care about me or the kids. Refused to come to bed or to be with me period. Thank God dbf is very reasonable with his time on the computer playing games (his is Cubis) maybe 1/2 hour tops per day. He would much rather be outside with me and the kids playing.

BeanieLuvR
04-20-2003, 04:09 PM
{{{{13ducks}}}

I really hope that you feel better soon.

Tadbit
04-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by 13ducks
We each have our own computers. He has a room to himself "the computer room" that we used to share. But I have my own computer now in our bedroom. That's why we never see him anymore. He keeps himself in that room with the lights off and his headset on (so he can talk to the people he is playing with). He's usualy so into the game that when I come in he doesn't realize it until I speak & then I scare the sh*t out of him. (I take any small pleasures I can get).

Uhhgg. I'm just so upset. I think I'll try to take a nap, then I won't have to think about him for a while.

By the way, I have chronic depression among other things, and this does not help me at all.

13duck, are you sure we aren't married to the same man? LOL We had a computer room, then my hubby moved my daughter's computer to her room and moved mine into the dining room. Now he has the "computer room" all to himself. The only time I see him is when it's time to eat, and even sometimes then, he takes his food to the basement to the "computer room." I know exactly how you must feel. :(

DIRKSWIFE4
04-20-2003, 07:41 PM
THIS is exactly WHY i wont let my hubby near my puter!!!

I got tired of how things were going here and stopped all the little things I did for hubby, well it took all of ONE day for him to shut the h*ll and go right

heartlvrs
04-20-2003, 07:47 PM
http://www.angelwinks.net/images/gw4.jpg

Blackberry
04-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by rugratsX2
{{{{{{{{{13ducks}}}}}}}}}}} What game does he play??? I swear you are describing my husband. His game is Counter Strike.... He is in a "clan" and everything, with organized practices and matches.

OMG! Yes, that is what dh has been playing! And he is really into it. When they have practices or certain "games" the kids and I have to turn off our computers because sometimes his computer freezes & he thinks it is because of us being online at the same time.

What is your dh's screen name? I wonder if he and mine "know" eachother. I think dh's screen name is something to do with Postal. (He's a mail carrier).

I've seen dh a couple of times today. After I lay down for a nap he came in to use our bathroom & asked if I was feeling better (after I went to the store and got my stuff). And I said "a little". Later we ate dinner (in front of the t.v. tonight) and he said nothing even though he had to know I was still upset. Geez, I'm going to start crying again. I can't just stop doing housework though because we made a deal when I lost my job that I would stay home and he would be the sole paycheck. So it is my "job" to keep the house clean & cook dinner, etc. I'm glad to be home, but sometimes I feel like his maid.
But what really hurts is that I'd do it for him!!!!! And I have! He tells me he loves me all of the time & I know he does....but we've gotten in fights over this before..I don't feel like he "cares" about me much. I'm sick of thinking about this now :(

Blackberry
04-20-2003, 10:20 PM
Almost forgot THANK YOU everyone for your {{{hugs}}} and all. I appriciate it. :)

sunie
04-20-2003, 10:36 PM
{{{13ducks}}} Sorry you're feeling sick:( If dh did that to me, I think the next time he left the keyboard would be hid:mad: Or he would be on his own the next time he got sick play your favorite game and make him fend for his self;)

OX_Love_OX
04-20-2003, 10:54 PM
SO sad :( Does the game ever end? I think it may be the same game my brother plays. Whenever I talk to my sis-in-law and ask what my bro is doing she says online playing a game. I vaguely remember her saying he stays up til all hours playing too. Poor thing, she's 8 1/2 mos. preggers...hope she secretly doesn't feel sad about this too. I'll have to check up on her tomorrow.

Hope it gets better 13ducks...so sad that he doesn't "get it"

mlathroum
04-21-2003, 05:39 AM
we made a deal when I lost my job that I would stay home and he would be the sole paycheck. So it is my "job" to keep the house clean & cook dinner, etc. I'm glad to be home, but sometimes I feel like his maid.

Last year on May 1st I gave my month notice to my job to stay home and take care of my kids. My older boy was having problems with my day care provider. I decided it worked for my Mom and I loved it so I was doing it. Hubby and I made an agreement that I would take care of everything at the house but he would still have to help out once in awhile as I wasn't his maid. I month after my last day of work I got a job offer do my job at home. I am now home and make the same money but work 3 hours a day. I do all of the volunteering at the schools, I am a class Mom, I take care of all the problems my older boy makes at school, I have taken on the job of committee member and head fundraising chairperson for our scout group. I take care of 70 % of the kids and house stuff. The other 30% is his. He HAS to help. I may be home all the time in his opinion but I am not sitting on my @ss and he knows it.
Sit him down and let him know what you do and why you still need his help.

MommyG3
04-21-2003, 06:22 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{{13ducks}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

as for the computer, I am so thankful I have one at work and not one at home.

JoanieV2
04-21-2003, 07:58 AM
{{{{HUGS}}}} Hope you are feeling better.

Blackberry
04-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Physicaly I am doing great. Gulped down lots of cranberry juice and ate several cups of yogurt & drank lots of water. It seems to have done the trick.
But otherwise I still feel like crap. Last night when dh was going to bed (I was staying up) I told him how hurt I was & we got in a huge fight. Aparently I did not make it clear to him how much in pain I was. Telling him I was in pain was not enough information I guess. :rolleyes: whatever.

I'm just so thankful that I have my own computer. During a brief period that we had some extra money last year, dh built 2 computers; one for me and one for the kids. I'd go insane without this.

Sunee
04-21-2003, 08:28 AM
((((13ducks)))))

rugratsX2
04-21-2003, 08:32 AM
13ducks- We need to start a Counter Strike Widows Clan. Hubby's alias is Damage~Inc. His clan is called Regulator's. I'm going to go look at his message board and see if I see nayone with the name of postal something, lol.
I hope you feel better today. {{{{{{{{{{{13ducks}}}}}}}}}}}}

Ravenlost... Hubby's best friend is an Everquest mod, and he has it running on THREE computers at once. Two PC's and then his laptop. His wife is just about fed up too. Wonder if the inventor's of these games knew they were a bunch of homewreckers????