PDA

View Full Version : Calif. mother charged after toddler dropped in bay

mewoman
04-19-2003, 03:49 PM
Why do some people even have kids :(

VALLEJO, California (Reuters) -- A California woman has been charged with attempted murder after allegedly dropping her 3-year-old son off a sea wall into a bay and walking away, police said Friday.

The toddler was rescued Thursday by a passerby who told police he saw the woman dangling the boy by his arms over the waters of San Pablo Bay as he cried out, "Don't throw me in the water," Vallejo Police Sgt. Herman Robinson said. Vallejo is about 50 miles east of San Francisco.

Cheauvon Brown, 34, of Vallejo, reportedly walked away after dropping the boy into the murky waters about 4 feet below, Robinson said. Alejandro Martinez, walking nearby, stripped off his sweatshirt and dove in after the child, who had not surfaced.

Witnesses told police that Brown tried to get her son back after Martinez rescued him, but they "pushed her away" and called police, Robinson said.

After Brown was arrested, she refused to make any statement to police, Robinson said, adding, "She basically showed no emotion."

Brown was being held without bail and will be arraigned Monday. The child was with his father, and Brown's 17-year-old daughter was with relatives, Robinson said.

A woman threw her child off the same sea wall seven years ago and the child drowned, Robinson said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/04/19/crime.baby.reut/index.html

1busymomma
04-19-2003, 04:06 PM
:eek: :mad: Some people need a license to breed.

cpbaby
04-19-2003, 04:06 PM
My god, some people have no business birthing children.

KrystallizedFlame
04-19-2003, 04:27 PM
I heard on the news that she was telling the people that were trying to help him to leave him alone. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 05:33 PM
:mad: :( :mad:

nlarson
04-19-2003, 05:35 PM
There are so many people out there who would love to have a child but can't. These are the same people who want to adopt but few are able to due to the shortage of available children because of abortion or men and women just plain killing their children. They have new laws now that say you can drop your unwanted child off at any hospital, no questions asked! When is this horrible crap gonna stop??? It just makes me sick!

hotwheelstx
04-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 1busymomma
:eek: :mad: Some people need a license to breed.

agreed:( :( :( :mad:

HumblePie98
04-19-2003, 07:23 PM
That is terrible. My son is three.... I just cannot imagine doing that to him.

Kids are so sweet and innocent at that age. The poor child might think he did something bad. Thats just terrible..... I hope she rots in jail!!

I live close to Clarion University. Back in October karen mako had her baby in a shower stall at the college. She placed it in a duffle bag, and took home to bury him (still alive). She didnt have time, so she threw him in the trash!! Her lawyer is trying to get a mistrial saying that there is no proof the baby was alive when he was born(although thats what she said in her own statement!) :mad: I'll have to see if I can find the article!

http://www.clarion.edu/news/2002/oct/babyupdate.htm

http://www.thederrick.com/stories/03112003-2010.shtml

reneep45
04-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by nlarson
There are so many people out there who would love to have a child but can't. These are the same people who want to adopt but few are able to due to the shortage of available children because of abortion or men and women just plain killing their children. They have new laws now that say you can drop your unwanted child off at any hospital, no questions asked! When is this horrible crap gonna stop??? It just makes me sick!

makes me soooooooooooo sick ! my daughter would love to have one of any child & love it forever !white, black,brown, blue ,yellow , pink, even purple my heart breaks, she wants a baby soooooooooo bad and these no good ############################# can have them & abuse & kill them ????????????????????????????? ohhh my god !!!!!!!!!!!

Jeskabean
04-20-2003, 06:13 AM
:( It is absolutely amazing that this woman had her child for 3 years...there must have been abuse going on if she decided to do something so drastic. That poor child. I have a just turned 4 year old and it takes a very sick person to hurt a child. It is children exactly like this poor boy that wind up in the foster care system. There are SO MANY kids in the foster care system that are up for adoption. Adopting a foster child takes only a couple months and does not cost any money. I don't understand why so many people go out of the country or wait for years to adopt a child when there are massive amounts of foster children just waiting to be adopted. My parents are foster parents and I've seen so many children go through their home and all those children need is love. :(

schsa
04-20-2003, 10:00 AM
I am sure that this woman was mentally ill because a sane person would not do this. I think that women who try to destroy their children (and I consider Susan Smith the exception to this rule) or babies are generally so emotionally ill that they cannot make the right decision. Fear, shame, and who knows what else drive desperate people to do desperate things. I only hope that she is put into a mental facility and gets the help she needs. This is not natural.

Secondly, if these women felt that they could just give birth and give those babies up for adoption, they probably would but there are other underlying factors that lead them to do these unbelievable acts to hid their shame. I don't understand it myself but I only wish that women didn't have to choose murder.