PDA

View Full Version : No Means No

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 03:08 PM
It doesn't mean...
ask again in a few minutes (or keeps asking over and over)
or
ask mom if dad says no

Chris spent the night at a friends house last night and we had to call at 2pm today to get him to come home. This friend only lives a few houses away from ours, so its not like he had a 10 or 20 minute walk home. It may take all of 2 minutes. Well, when he got home we told him not to ask to stay with another friend for a while since he doesn't know how to come home. (he was told to be home by noon, at the latest) He gets all mad and starts running his mouth for a while, but he finally calms down and goes back out to play. He came and asked hubby a few minutes ago if the little boy could spend the night here tonight and hubby tells him no, not tonight. So he comes running in to get me to "make" hubby let the kid spend the night. Umm wrong, thats not how it works. First of all, tomorrow is Easter and we don't even know what we are going to be doing as of yet. Second of all, he is in trouble for not coming home this morning. Why can't kids just understand that no means NO!

He is standing here as I am typing this asking over and over and over. :rolleyes: :mad:

:rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

1busymomma
04-19-2003, 03:29 PM
How old is Chris?

If it were me, I'd ground his butt a. for defying orders to be home at noon and b. for repeatedly asking though he was told no.

((((((((((((((((tasha))))))))))))))))))

mewoman
04-19-2003, 03:43 PM
In my house, if the kids are brave enough to ask again after I've said no, it means no to that for at least a week, or grounded for at least a week.

When I say no, it's no. No discussion of why's or wherefore's. No, what about tomorrow. NO!!

What can I say..I'm mean :D

juliegirl78
04-19-2003, 03:45 PM
{{{{Tasha}}}}

Okay, that's it... :rolleyes: Two vents in one day means we are running away NOW! :D You ready? ;)

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 05:31 PM
Yeah Julie, for me to post 2 vents in the same day is pretty bad. lol I am soooo ready to run away with ya! :D

Chris is 11, so he knows its not going to get any better if he keeps asking me. lol Him and Harley both have tried to see how far they can push me today, for some reason. I don't know what their problem is but I know they better fix it.

Willow
04-19-2003, 06:33 PM
This also goes for men who don't understand the meaning of no as in no, not tonight. LMAO

Jaidness
04-19-2003, 06:37 PM
11 is a harsh age!!! I sympathize with you girl...
so what does no mean again? hehehehehe

Ladytiger
04-19-2003, 07:36 PM
{{{tasha}}}}} doesn't "no" mean "aha, let's drive the parents nuts"??? That what it means here, but I am like Mewoman, if I say no, and then you ask either "why", "whynot", "howcome" or beg please 10,000 times..then it's "no" that much longer. I have a calendar nearby and start marking the days off, you might wanna try that. Somehow seeing that big red X on the days shuts her up pretty fast.

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Jaidness
11 is a harsh age!!! I sympathize with you girl...
so what does no mean again? hehehehehe I think it means that I have to give you a poke, poke, poke :p hehehe ;)

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Oh bath time is another struggle and so is....
taking out the trash
getting him to brush his teeth
cleaning up his room
getting him to bring his clothes to the dirty clothes hamper in the wash room

Jaidness
04-19-2003, 08:20 PM
ahahahaha aren't kids fun?! *ow ow ow*
I see such a resemblance between my toddler niece and my teenage nephew...everything has to be such a struggle and so much drama sometimes I just laugh and think back to when I was that age,the teen not the toddler hehehehehe

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 08:24 PM
I never gave my parents any trouble, I was a innocent little angel. ;) LOL

Ladytiger
04-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Tasha405
taking out the trash
cleaning up his room

He wouldn't want me for a mom! Tasha I have quite a few book titles, if you like to read, that has helped us. Here is what I would do. (and have done)

*Taking out the trash-when the time comes that it is overflowing, put the trash can(s) in his room.

*getting him to brush his teeth-get some of those posters that dentists have of tooth decay (your dentist will be happy to help)

*cleaning his room- a tough one, all that I have been doing is shutting her door, all the time. When she sees us cleaning on Sat's (that is cleaning day), she ALWAYS starts in on her room. Also, no friends over, no phone, no going anywhere until the room is clean..to MY satisfaction.

*dirty clothes-simple, leave them dirty, unless he brings them down. I have a laundry day, if the clothes aren't there on that day, it doesn't get done..by me anyway. After he has to wear dirty clothes a few times, he will learn.

This sounds mean I know, but I have learned that you have to put your foot down, and not play the "crazy" game. Show him that you mean business and that he will not turn your home into a battle ground. Email me if you would like. We are figting some of the same battles-teens

:rolleyes:

mikang
04-20-2003, 12:28 AM
I have a really good remedy for kids that don't like to clean their bedroom. My son's room looked like a dump, we told him to clean it every day for a week and of course it didn't get cleaned. One day he comes home from school and goes right to his bedroom and guess what? he has no door!! lol! My hubby took his door off and put it in the garage. At 14 you know how they like privacy! He cleaned his room and it had to stay clean for a week before he got his door back. His room is always clean these days! :D :D

juliegirl78
04-20-2003, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by Tasha405
Yeah Julie, for me to post 2 vents in the same day is pretty bad. lol I am soooo ready to run away with ya! :D

Where we goin'? Disney World? :D

chocolatelover
04-20-2003, 05:18 AM
So, did his friend stay over or was no, no :)
Happy Easter :p

Tasha405
04-20-2003, 01:32 PM
LT, thanks for the advice ;)
EMELLE, LOL thats was funny
mikang, we have actually thought about taking his door down too. Not only to hide the mess but to keep him from slamming it when he gets mad.
Julie, Disney World sounds good to me!! I've always wanted to go. :D ;)
chocolatelover, no was no. His friend didn't get to spend the night and believe it or not, my son lived! LOL He kept on and on about it and I told him they he would live without his friend spending the night. hehehe

Thanks for all the replies everyone. We have really got to get some stuff under control around here. I've been trying for the past 11 years though. :rolleyes: lol

ajksmom
04-20-2003, 07:21 PM
Tasha I have a son that will be 11 in July with ADHD....I know all too well what you are going through. Can I run away with you?
taking out the trash
cleaning up his room

This is all too typical in my home too. We are trying to get stuff under control here with him too but I swear sometimes it feels like a loosing battle.