PDA

View Full Version : Question about Red Dragon

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Did they copy an older movie to make this one? We watched it (Red Dragon) last night and it just seems like I had seen it before. :confused:

Donnagg123
04-19-2003, 02:23 PM
I don't think they did. It was made from the books that were written by Thomas Harris. I read it and the book is somewhat close to the movie, except there is not as much emphasis on Hannibal. All three books (Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, and Hannibal In that order) were written a while back (I think with the exception of Hannibal it may have been written recently...can't remember :)). They just did silence of the lambs first. HTH

Here is an exerpt from the website, http://www.randomhouse.com/features/thomasharris/
A native of Mississippi, Thomas Harris began his writing career covering crime in the United States and Mexico, and was a reporter and editor for the Associated Press in New York City. His first novel, BLACK SUNDAY, was published in 1975, followed by RED DRAGON in 1981, THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS in 1988 and HANNIBAL in 1999.

Check it out :):)

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 02:27 PM
It just seemed like everything that happened in the movie was so familiar to me. lol Like the part of the man watching from the tree outside, the woman and kid being in a house alone and someone going there, the man driving the van and everything else. Maybe I'm just going crazy?? LOL

Donnagg123
04-19-2003, 02:29 PM
You've just been watching too many slasher/thriller/suspense films, lol :):)

ttistin
04-19-2003, 02:47 PM
there are other movies that are like that. I think 'scream' is one of them (among like a few dozen more) lol I liked red dragon. dh has seen hannibal and red dragon but not silence of the lambs, I know he is strange. lol

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Donnagg123
You've just been watching too many slasher/thriller/suspense films, lol :):) Thats what I'm thinking too. LOL

Donnagg123
04-19-2003, 02:58 PM
I didn't watch SOTL until like a year or 2 before Hannibal came out, lol. After I saw it, I was hooked! LOL Then I started reading the books and such. They are very good! :)

Jaidness
04-19-2003, 03:04 PM
Tasha they made a movie called manhunter in 1986 that was supposedly the beginning of the Hannibal series.It has been on TV since and perhaps you watched that one and thats why it seems familiar

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 03:08 PM
Jaidness, maybe thats what it is! :)

justme23
04-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Jaidness
Tasha they made a movie called manhunter in 1986 that was supposedly the beginning of the Hannibal series.It has been on TV since and perhaps you watched that one and thats why it seems familiar

Yes, it is a remake of Manhunter which was the first series in the 'silence of the lambs' movies but never got popular. It was remade after Hannibals success (even tho it sucked).