PDA

View Full Version : This has been on my mind for the last few days.....

Kyla Kym
04-19-2003, 01:21 PM
I have a vent.
My vent is why do people jump on you for using a word as soon as you use it? Why can't they pm you instead first and ask you if you wouldn't mind changing it because it is offensive to them. But Nooooo they have to shake their finger at you in front of the whole flipping world first so that you feel very stupid for saying it.

I say words that I hear on a day to day bases. So if my words offend someone pm me first. And if I don't see it your way, then ruin my thread or post. But at least give me the benefit of the doubt that maybe it's just what I'm use to hearing where I come from.

The word I used was jew. I was talking about a girl that I had told to jew someone down on the price of the computer. And bam! soon as I posted it someone got on to me for it. OK I can understand something bothering someone that might not bother someone else. But at least pm them first. Because where I come from that word is used all the time. I don't even mentally associate it with the religious believe. So therefore in my own mind it wasn't a slur against no one. It's just a word that is used all the time where I live at when you are talking about getting someone to lower the price. And I'm very sorry that it offended anyone here. But if you come to the south you best get ready to grit your teeth allot or grip everyone out for saying it, because it is quiet common down here to say it. And I don't know any Jew's in real life.

Another word that I have been told to not say is witch. OK that's another one that is used very often in my area to describe a hateful woman. A nice way to call someone a B*tch so to speak. I don't know any witches in real life either only in fairy tales. So please if someone says a "word" that bothers you. PM them first and ask them not to say it or to change it. But don't just shake your finger at them and make them feel stupid. Because believe me, that was the last thought from my mind was to poke fun at someone for their believes.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

Willow
04-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Actually you probably do know some witches. LOL I'm one and there are several others here at the board. There are a lot of us Pagans and Wiccans here. :) I'm not complaining though. It doesn't really bother me.

Donnagg123
04-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I understand you being upset a little bit, after all this is vent and whine and you are entitled to your V&W. However, let me tell you a story for a sec. I grew up in an extremely racist house. The N-word was used VERY frequently. Infact, we used to call the little dirt balls that collected under your neck: N-babies. One day when I was 11-12, I was cleaning my nieces face while waiting outside a grocery store for my dad in a truck. I said, "come here, ____ let me get those N-babies from your neck". As I said it, an African-American woman walked by and looked at me and called me white-trash. For a long time I couldn't understand why she was so upset and I was angry that she would get mad at me for just saying something I had heard practically every day of my life and thought was right. I have since matured and I no longer believe the way my parents did. Sorry so long, but the point I am getting to is I understand that you hear that every day of your life, but just because you hear it doesn't justify repeating it. JMHO and not meant to get on to you :)

hippygrl
04-19-2003, 02:22 PM
i would only get offended if a slur was directed towards me or meant in a hateful derogatory way.george carlin(okay,okay,so he has a filthy mouth,i know,lol) gave a good statement on this subject. unfortunatly we do not have freedom of speech. you didnt intentionally mean anything negative,its unfortunate it was taken the wrong way.:) :) :)

Kyla Kym
04-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Luna, that's what I meant by in real life. Yes I know there are several on the board. But in real life I don't know any. I guess WitchyGurl is one. And she is one of my favs here on the board. But I don't know her in real life. And I do try not to say it since it was pointed out to me.

Donna, I was brought up being told that the N word was just as bad as a cuss word or using God's name in vain. To me the N word is just as bad. And in the south if the N word is used most time it would be a racial slur. But using the word jew as in jew someone down on a price has never been pointed out to me as a slur. So I don't think of it as one. To me it is as different as saying damn is a cuss word and dam is a way to hold back water. They sound the same but mean 2 totally different things.

And my post here was to point out if it bothers you pm me first. Then if I don't agree with you and change my post. Then and only then make a spectacle of me for what I said.

Thank you freebiequeen1234 for what you said. I'm basically the same way. :)

Kyla Kym
04-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by hippygrl
i would only get offended if a slur was directed towards me or meant in a hateful derogatory way.george carlin(okay,okay,so he has a filthy mouth,i know,lol) gave a good statement on this subject. unfortunatly we do not have freedom of speech. you didnt intentionally mean anything negative,its unfortunate it was taken the wrong way.:) :) :)

Thank you :D

Technologist
04-19-2003, 02:24 PM
okay, I've PM'ed you....

But just so everyone else knows what's going on (you know how everybody likes to hear the bad stuff....)

I have taken offense at the following words that you used:

People - not everyone on the internet is human...
finger - 'nuf said....
flipping - I know a few gymnasts, and I think you comment was directed against them...
girl - I know some of those people too.....
bam! - Emeril called.... copyright infringement....
mentally - as in defecient????
slur - I do that when drunk..... quit picking on drunks...
finger - oooooops, covered that one already.....
chest - as in flat??? or as in treasure???? either way, it's another of separating the HAVES from the HAVE NOTS....

EDITORS NOTE - this has been a joke.... if it offended anyone....

BAM! Here's a flipping finger for you girls and other people, who mentally slur their words and drip on their chest...

PS, sorry to take over your thread; I read the other one, and saw the apology, saw your edits, but she quoted you before youchanged it and no SHE has to edit her's in order to make the OFFENSIVE word disappear.....

Kyla Kym
04-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Technologist
okay, I've PM'ed you....

But just so everyone else knows what's going on (you know how everybody likes to hear the bad stuff....)

I have taken offense at the following words that you used:

People - not everyone on the internet is human...
finger - 'nuf said....
flipping - I know a few gymnasts, and I think you comment was directed against them...
girl - I know some of those people too.....
bam! - Emeril called.... copyright infringement....
mentally - as in defecient????
slur - I do that when drunk..... quit picking on drunks...
finger - oooooops, covered that one already.....
chest - as in flat??? or as in treasure???? either way, it's another of separating the HAVES from the HAVE NOTS....

EDITORS NOTE - this has been a joke.... if it offended anyone....

BAM! Here's a flipping finger for you girls and other people, who mentally slur their words and drip on their chest...

PS, sorry to take over your thread; I read the other one, and saw the apology, saw your edits, but she quoted you before youchanged it and no SHE has to edit her's in order to make the OFFENSIVE word disappear.....

LOL :D Thanks for making me smile! And that's how I get to feeling after someone gets on to me. I get to where I'm afraid to post anything for fear I will offend someone, and not be meaning to. :)

Donnagg123
04-19-2003, 02:40 PM
But using the word jew as in jew someone down on a price has never been pointed out to me as a slur. So I don't think of it as one.

Oh, I understand. But that is what I was trying to get to, tho I did it badly :) Was that alot of time you (not you personally, you in general) don't realize something is offensive unless someone points it out to you. I can't say what she was feeling, but I would guess she was just trying to say that she was offended by it and just to let you know to think about it. I'm sorry if I made you angry by what I posted (I don't know if I did or not but just incase :)). Sometimes it's good to hear others opinions ;)

hotwheelstx
04-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Sometimes I think these kinds of words are truly uncalled for. No matter how you're brought up. Then again everyone has a right to freedom of speech and that's the way I take it.

A few "words" I don't care for and won't use.........

The N word. There's no place, time for it.

"crip" I think it generalizes the handicapped or disabled.

rednecks commonly referred to in the south. Not all are "rednecks" and the one's who are are, proud for you to know it.

cracker Not the kind you eat.

Kyla Kym
04-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Donnagg123
Oh, I understand. But that is what I was trying to get to, tho I did it badly :) Was that alot of time you (not you personally, you in general) don't realize something is offensive unless someone points it out to you. I can't say what she was feeling, but I would guess she was just trying to say that she was offended by it and just to let you know to think about it. I'm sorry if I made you angry by what I posted (I don't know if I did or not but just incase :)). Sometimes it's good to hear others opinions ;)
No I'm not angry by your post in the least. But I don't think you understood what my post was all about.

I'm "NOT" saying that it didn't upset her me using that word. And I'm not saying she has no right to be upset.

My whole point that I'm trying to make is before you embarrass someone on the board. At least PM them first to make sure they know they have offended someone and see if they will change their post BEFORE you make a public post. That is all I was trying to say. :)

Donnagg123
04-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Sure, I can agree with that. Maybe she did not know how to PM?? I still don't and I have been here omg I just realized I have been here 2 years and a month!! Man, I have been here a long time! lol Sorry to digress.

The N word. There's no place, time for it.

I totally agree. I would never use the N-word today, and am ashamed (even tho at the time I did not know any better) that I did use it at one time.

justme23
04-19-2003, 02:59 PM
I remember the thread you are talking about. It's soething said around here alot too. "Jew them down". I never would have seen it in a bad light at all cause it's just soemthing I'm used to hearing, alont w/ having a few Jewish friends who even say it themselves. But I remember too, in the womans defense, that she was incredibly sweet about it to you. I've seen some ppl rip others a new arsehole on this board and not give a sh*t about it, and this girl was just as nice as could be. So I'm sorry both of you got your feelings hurt and all, but atleast she was kind about it. :)

Alot of ppl don't know how to use the pm and quite frequently don't even know they've received a pm. On other boards I go to they alert you when you have a pm, but I had about 10 pile up here before I even knew I had them... maybe she just didn't know how to pm you? Anyways, I hope you are feeling better.

Technologist
04-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by hotwheelstx

"crip" I think it generalizes the handicapped or disabled.

rednecks commonly referred to in the south. Not all are "rednecks" and the one's who are are, proud for you to know it.

cracker Not the kind you eat.

we've both been around a while... and have seen all the fights (LMAO)....

and not to start one, but you said you won't use certain words, yet you did in your post.....

also, I am "crip"... it doesn't bother me.

And I'm definitely redneck (I LOVE NASCAR, DRIVE A BIG TRUCK, etc) and I live north of Virginia.

don't know about the crackers thing though..... been called it, doesn't bother me.... not that I would EVER even think of using the N word in retort.....

Xica
04-19-2003, 03:04 PM
It's very derogatory and just because it's said often does not make it right. That being said, I agree that it should be discussed privately.

Technologist
04-19-2003, 03:06 PM
what I wanted to add was they are just words.... I don't let them affect me.

and I learned a long time ago, that people cursing is the sign of a small mind...they can't think of a good word to use fast enough, so they spit out something familiar.... usually a curse word, or something they grew up with.

When I'm by myself, I say all those words. But when I'm in public, or around co-workers, family, the wife, etc.... I control much better.

Kyla Kym
04-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Well hubby just called and I have to go help him up at the shop. So please people don't turn this thread into a racial issue. Because it's not about that. It's about asking someone nicely in a PM to change a post before you make them feel bad for saying something they didn't mean.

You can still get your point across in a pm without humiliating the other person.

It might not bother others to have been publicly embarrassed on the boards by having a word pointed out to them that they have used. But to me it is because I didn't mean it as a racial slur and would have changed it if she had of pm'ed me first.

And what Technologist said about a small mind. I would prefer to call it an uneducated mind. I for one didn't have time or money for a education. To me my marriage, son and work was more important than getting a education. But we get by just fine and can proudly say what we have we have worked our butts off for. No one gave us a dime for anything and we are doing just fine. Can't talk to fancy, but I'm happy and proud of what I have gotten in life. And I love this board and would have to be shamed off of it because I might not talk as well as others do.

Well gotta go. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas :)

kelblend
04-19-2003, 03:34 PM
{{Kyla}}

Kukubaby
04-19-2003, 08:00 PM
I grew up using the same phrase and I still use it. It is something I've always said and no way do I say it to offend any particular group or religion. Cheer up and let the nit-pickers (ooops, I may have just offended someone else, LOL!) have their little hissy fit. ;)

Jaidness
04-19-2003, 08:06 PM
((((((kyla Kym))))) that was very well and nicely said!

Kukubaby
04-19-2003, 08:20 PM
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! (OOOPS...NOW I JUST PROBABLY OFFENDED THE NON-CHRISTIANS...SORRY!!!)

hippygrl
04-19-2003, 08:49 PM
{I've always heard people around me calling them granny beads}

uh oh,be careful there girl,granny just might come in this thread to hit you with her purse!lol

Iluvbears
04-19-2003, 08:59 PM
I've heard the phrase "Jew down" my entire life. I'm not even from the south.

I can honestly say, I have never read or heard anything that offened me. I guess i'm not an uptight person, who allows the "small stuff" to get my panties in a wad. Thank God for that...

Ashlee
04-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Iluvbears
I've heard the phrase "Jew down" my entire life. I'm not even from the south.

I can honestly say, I have never read or heard anything that offened me. I guess i'm not an uptight person, who allows the "small stuff" to get my panties in a wad. Thank God for that...

I am with u!

DBackFan
04-19-2003, 09:51 PM
I have said and heard the phrase my whole life and I am not about to get all worried about NOT using it either. You know....I am Dutch....should I get mad when people say "lets go Dutch" as in each pay our own way....that would mean I am cheap right? :rolleyes:

People need to quit letting mere "words" offend so easily.

odyssey
04-19-2003, 10:18 PM
huh?
-that makes NO sense a phrase like that I don't think would of ever been heard in my area of Southern California well not that in upscale Yorba Linda where I grow up for sure.
-that is racial sounding to me.
-but I don't care you can speak like that all you want, but if you said instead "let's pray about price of the computer." I am sure some others would be offened.

and IF someone has a problem with your post or ANY other post anywhere on BBS it is supposed to be reported to a MOD. The Mods at that point, edit the post, delete, close the thread. I believe that is what should be not.
Also not everyone know about PM private messages.
also not everyone thinks like you or me.
Believe me I know some characters that make me nauseated with what they think it correct and the only way.

hotwheelstx
04-21-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Fireball
I have lived in the South my entire life and no one I knows uses such language.

It may be common where you live, but please don't misrepresent the entire South.

Speak how you want; this is America where we have free speech.
And people will perceive you how they want. That's the way life works.

Talk intelligently, people treat you intelligently. Talk rudely people perceive you as rude. Talk loudly people think you're bossy. Etc. Etc. Etc. How you act and talk gives people an impression of who you are. Talk kindly and people think you're compassionate. Create your destiny and reality through your words and actions.

So speak as you like, but accept the consequences. If one uses racist phrases, one can't be surprised if people think one is a racist.

Thank you........................I'm a proud southern and lived in Tx. ALL MY LIFE and would never think of using these words. People will/do PERCEIVE you in that manner.................Very well said Fireball;) ;) ;) ;)

Vixen
04-21-2003, 08:07 AM
I have lived in Texas my entire life and I hear the phrase "jew them down" ALL the time at yard sales etc... so it is common in parts of Texas maybe just not where some of you live.. I dont think she meant to "misrepresent the entire south" because it is common here in the south...However I have family in Maryland that also say "jew them down" now as far as the other words mentioned.. I DO hear them here in the south but do not use them nor allow my children or anyone around me to.. so it is also the enviroment you put yourself into..

morris2b
04-21-2003, 08:15 AM
((((((((Kyla)))))))) I totally understand where you are coming from, I feel that if you are on the internet you are subjected to more than just the way some choose their wording...People need to learn to read it and like it or accept it or read it and not like it and move on, just because one person wants you to refrain from using such words does not mean you should refrain yourself from being who you are, we live in a free country and with others trying to tell us what we can do and what to do we are not being our free selves......
Keep up the good wording--------OOPS I mean work ;)

ahippiechic
04-21-2003, 08:15 AM
I have also heard that phrase all my life. (I'm from TN, but I hear it out here in AZ too.) Words don't really bother me much, as long as I know how you're using them. Some of my friends & I call each "my n i g g a z" alot. They call me that too, even tho I'm not black. To us & a lot of others, it just means friend. That offends some people. It offends me to hear someone called a n i g g e r in a derogatory way. The way I use it isn't. I've even been told on occaision that I can't use that word 'cuz I'm not black. :rolleyes: When she said "jew them down" it wasn't meant to be derogatory, so I agree that if it bothered someone, it should be handled in private. But the person who posted about it offending her was very nice in her reply, she didn't get all hateful about it, that was good to see.

Did any of this make sense? I haven't had my coffee yet. :)

Kyla Kym
04-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Thanks everyone so much for being supportive about this. Most of you are very intelligent people with big hearts and open minds. I've seen it time and time again on the bbs how you will all come together to make someone feel better when they are down in the dumps over something. That takes a big person to pat them on the back and say it's ok and not try to beat them up more. There are several of you that have taught me a valuable lesson over the past year. How to have compassion for someone no matter who they are. I've also seen less desirable things in people on here that I have blindly did myself and now know better and try not to act like they do. So the ones of you that are always kind and supportive thank you very much for helping make me a better person and for pulling me back up on my feet time and time again when I was feeling down. ((((((HUGS))))))

katzenberg
04-21-2003, 11:01 AM
i agree with yiou on that they should let you know it private insteat of in front of every one i have heard of the prase used by my grandmother and other people and didnt think about others being mad about it before .i probably use phrases or words that other wount think wrer right i dont let things people say bother me.

WitchyGurl
04-21-2003, 11:56 AM
OK here's my 2 cents!
Kyla Kym is one of the most caring considerate people you'll find here. Now I do consider what she said a derogitory comment. There are several phrases I refuse to use or allow anyone to use in my house.
"Indian Giver", "Welsh on a bet", or any racial slur.
I just think if there's a chance it might hurt someones feelings, it's better worded differently.
There are plenty of other cliches to go around.
As far as the Witch word..................
Well, I would rather someone use the B!tch word. As soon as someone's dog can speak up and complain about it, I'll think differently.
;)

Oh yes, I am a Witch,
and a darn good one too :D

Queensown
04-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by zitra
ITA but i have never heard the "welsh on a bet" I have heard "welch on a bet"

Me too! Or maybe it's just a case of misunderstanding, or the phrase getting changed through time, I can't recall ever seeing it in print before.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-21-2003, 12:27 PM
ok not to defend any type of discrimination BUT pretty mcuh everything we say can be construde as something offensive. for instance the rap radio station here has their callers say thanks for letting a brother/sister roll....ummmm ok that could be found offensive by some. so unless everyone in the world STFU someone somewhere will be offended!

ttistin
04-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by morris2b
((((((((Kyla)))))))) I totally understand where you are coming from, I feel that if you are on the internet you are subjected to more than just the way some choose their wording...People need to learn to read it and like it or accept it or read it and not like it and move on, just because one person wants you to refrain from using such words does not mean you should refrain yourself from being who you are, we live in a free country and with others trying to tell us what we can do and what to do we are not being our free selves......
Keep up the good wording--------OOPS I mean work ;)

:) :) :) :) :)

I also agree with you posting about if someone having a problem with something someone posts to pm them first, If they dont know how to pm then post a thread asking how to. :) :)

{{{{KYLA KYM)))):)

Kyla Kym
04-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ttistin
:) :) :) :) :)

I also agree with you posting about if someone having a problem with something someone posts to pm them first, If they dont know how to pm then post a thread asking how to. :) :)

{{{{KYLA KYM)))):)
Thank you {{{{{{ttistin}}}}}}} for focusing on the only reason I started this thread. Thank you so much ! :)

I would like to point out once again that I started this thread not to say I was right for what I said or to debate if it's ok to use the term jew. I did however explain the reason why I said what I did. Not to see if anyone could pick my post apart and try to turn it into something else. But only to explain my own personal reasoning for saying what I did.

I also didn't start this thread to see if I could get all of you to start picking on each other.

Each one of you make a good point. So please don't tear each other's post apart to attack about one small part of it.

I didn't understand what Getto_gurl meant by the brother/sister thing either. But her post in whole made a very good point. And I liked what she had to say.

I've pretty much liked hearing what everyone had to say.

And I have one more thing to do before I leave this thread. And that's give {{{{{{Queensown}}}}} a huge hug! YOu need to stop being such a stranger on here. I miss your post. And congrats! I seen your going to be a new mommy soon. Your baby's due date is on my birthday!:D :D

Oh and {{{{{WitchyGurl}}}}}} I can't count the amount of times I have backspaced the word witch on my post just to keep from offending expecially you since I was showed the error of my ways! ;)

Ghetto_Gurl
04-21-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by zitra
Maybe I am behind the times but i don't see how "thanks for letting a brother/sister roll" could be considered offensive?

there will always be someone who is not black who will get pissy about it, is what i mean. ya know how alot of black peeps say brother or sister and not meaning it in a family type of way.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-21-2003, 03:42 PM
see that is exactly what i mean, what one thing means to one person can mean a totally different thing to another. :D

Alexandria
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
One has to wonder. I cringe every time I hear the "N" word in my office .. especially since it is ALWAYS coming from the mouths of some of our African American ladies. It's seem that it is ok for them to call each other that horrendous name .. but if I were to use it I would be labelled a racist and probably have the NAACP breathing down my neck ! I think if you find something in a post to be offensive it would be better to report the post to a moderator rather than starting a public "fight".

ahippiechic
04-22-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by EMELLE
i don't have a problem with witch, we can all pretty much agree it means a mean female,

No, not to me. To me, a witch means a Pagan, someone who practices witchcraft. And the ones I know aren't mean at all. ;)

As far as the "N" word, like I said me & a lot of my friends call each other "my n i g g a " which means homegirls, friends. (I'm not black, BTW, some of them are, but some are white & hispanic) To me, it's all in how it's used. Almost any word could be considered offensive, depending on how it's used.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-22-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ahippiechic
No, not to me. To me, a witch means a Pagan, someone who practices witchcraft. And the ones I know aren't mean at all. ;)

As far as the "N" word, like I said me & a lot of my friends call each other "my n i g g a " which means homegirls, friends. (I'm not black, BTW, some of them are, but some are white & hispanic) To me, it's all in how it's used. Almost any word could be considered offensive, depending on how it's used.

*nods in agreement* :cool:

Ghetto_Gurl
04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by FishmansBetrHalf
I won't even get into listing the words or phrases that someone could find offensive. If I find a post offensive, it is much easier to either hit the back button. Sometimes reporting posts helps, because the Mods will close threads that are potential problem starters sometimes. :) What is offensive to one might not be offensive to all. Better to say nothing than to start something over an "offensive word" The religious forum was closed to discussions because people couldn't resist the temptation to lash out at each other. People get their feelings hurt, and people end up getting banned. When ALL that could be avoided by hitting the back button. If we can't manage to use that back button, it would help if we all remember that there is another human being with feelings just like us on the receiving end of our comments. How would we feel? Sometimes when you think about it, a lot less hurtful things would be said if the poster would just consider themselves on the receiving end of their comments.

I really need to find something to do....I am rambling..... lol

:) Hopefully my post doesn't have anything in it that offended anyone. ;)

AHEM im offended in your suggesting that we use the back button :rolleyes:

*note that was a joke*

WitchyGurl
04-23-2003, 05:28 AM
i use the back button all the time....i start writing, then i reread it and sometimes find that i am too harsh or emotional. and since i don't know any people who practice witchcraft, a witch is still a mean woman in my book.

Perhaps it's time to rewrite your book. That's what stereotypes are all about. People often will lump a group of people under "one" idea. Your really limiting your own mind, not theirs.;)

I know of more mean "non-Witches"
than of mean real Witches
and I'm sure YOU do to LOL!

ahippiechic
04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
i use the back button all the time....i start writing, then i reread it and sometimes find that i am too harsh or emotional. and since i don't know any people who practice witchcraft, a witch is still a mean woman in my book.

Lots of people here at BBS are Witches. ;) And if I think someone is being a b!tch, then that's what I say, LOL! But being called a b!tch isn't always a bad thing, either. It all depends on how it's used. :)
If I seriously think someone is using a word to be hurtful, then I speak up, but if it's just a poor choice of words, no need to make a big deal out it. If I'm not sure of how something was meant, then I guess I would reply & ask about it.

And for the record, WitchyGirl, I don't think you're a mean woman, LOL! :p

WitchyGurl
04-23-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by ahippiechic

And for the record, WitchyGirl, I don't think you're a mean woman, LOL! :p

Just don't ask my husband HIS opinion LOL!:D

Every person can choose be mean
(and have been at some point in their lives).
Not everyone chooses to be a Witch.

In my mind, there are more mean Non-Witches,
than mean Witches.
It's just the laws of averages working ;)
BUT I usually don't take offence to someone
here using the "W" word that way.
I will point it out to you so you'll think about why
you use the word the way you do,
BUT it really doesn't offend me;)

Queensown
04-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Kyla Kym

And I have one more thing to do before I leave this thread. And that's give {{{{{{Queensown}}}}} a huge hug! YOu need to stop being such a stranger on here. I miss your post. And congrats! I seen your going to be a new mommy soon. Your baby's due date is on my birthday!:D :D

How cool! It's really weird, I know SOOO many people who's birthday's are really close to my due date, so I think we'll wind up with some sort of double birthday celebration. I'm shooting for August 11th, which is DH's birthday :)

ebgreen74
04-23-2003, 11:03 PM
just wanted to add a little story here-when I was about 12 or 13, some friends and decided to go N word-knockin. Now after we did this, we were telling some people about it and an african american girl overheard us and told us off. It had never occured to me that she would be offended because I was using the word to mean something else, right? I was so embarrased though, but I was a child so at least I had an excuse. I couldn't imagine being an adult and making such a comment at all. It shouldn't be about biting your tongue around people that might be offended by your racist comments, these things should just never be said. Just because you did not mean it to be racist, does not make it magically ok.

Kyla Kym
04-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Queensown
How cool! It's really weird, I know SOOO many people who's birthday's are really close to my due date, so I think we'll wind up with some sort of double birthday celebration. I'm shooting for August 11th, which is DH's birthday :)
Sorry I must have missed your post earlier. Haveing allot of problems with my connection tonight. :)
I bet your getting real excited huh? This is your first right? :)

morris2b
04-24-2003, 07:08 AM

My babies Bday is Aug 11 and he will be 11 this year :(

Congratulations on your soon to be new arrival

crumskid
04-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by ebgreen74
just wanted to add a little story here-when I was about 12 or 13, some friends and decided to go N word-knockin.

Not to get off the subject of this thread.... but we always called it ding-dong-ditch... Only goes to show you a child only knows what its enviroment teaches it... As adults, many times our enviroment has not changed, and so many of the things we learned as children has not...

Just think more about the next persons feelings than you think about yours when angry... Then you may think twice, and talk to them privately, and there will be one less hurt feeling for the day.

Ghetto_Gurl
04-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ebgreen74
just wanted to add a little story here-when I was about 12 or 13, some friends and decided to go N word-knockin.

we always called it nick knockin

Queensown
04-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Kyla Kym
Sorry I must have missed your post earlier. Haveing allot of problems with my connection tonight. :)
I bet your getting real excited huh? This is your first right? :)

Sorry to takeover this thread lol! But yes this is our first, and the first grandchild on both my and my DH's side of the family so excited isn't really a strong enough word around here. I don't believe I've been allowed to get my own drink for a good 2 months now, and am dreading the day I have to fight off family who wants to help me go potty LOL. Our nursery is looking like a mini babies R us right now :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: I'm not complaining or anything, but it is baby CRAZY around here. =)

Kyla Kym
04-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Sorry to takeover this thread lol! But yes this is our first, and the first grandchild on both my and my DH's side of the family so excited isn't really a strong enough word around here. I don't believe I've been allowed to get my own drink for a good 2 months now, and am dreading the day I have to fight off family who wants to help me go potty LOL. Our nursery is looking like a mini babies R us right now :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: I'm not complaining or anything, but it is baby CRAZY around here. =)
It's allot of fun being pregnant with your first child. YOu get so much attention and all the new things. Everyone fussing over ya:p
Then the baby comes and everyone is like who are you?! *LOL* Just kidding I loved all of it. Then everyone starts fussing over your new baby and it makes you proud because everyone seems to just be in love with your baby as much as you are. :D Mine was suppose to have been a girl and I had 3 baby showers before my um son was born. I had everything washed up already hanging in the closet. A pretty pink bedroom set with a princes canopy bed. I had her name painted on the wall "Kameron ShaeLe " and instead I bring home Bobby. :p So if you just have to find out what your going to have like I did. make sure and don't take it as the gospel. LOL
I'm so happy for you {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}:D
btw seems like there are allot of pregnant woman on the board recently. Must be something going around.;)

Queensown
04-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Mine's supposed to be a girl too, LOL! I have gone with fairly neutral colors in the nursery though, so hopefully it wouldn't be TOO much of a stretch to work things out if we wind up with a boy. :) It's kind of odd, up until I had the ultrasound I was convinced I was having a boy, I even had a boy's name picked out! We're both happy either way, though! :)

Nice chatting with ya! I'm around here, just not quite as much as I used to. I seem to get little spurts of time on here rather than any long stretches, so I don't often reply as much as just read.