PDA

View Full Version : Posting "OLD" posts...

Kukubaby
04-19-2003, 02:01 AM
I just need to vent here, but there are a few people who keep posting old, expired posts. You know who you are. And the same people keep posting things that have just been posted the day before and making it seem like they found it. This really annoys me since we all want something that is current and valid and not swiped from another member, not someone who either didn't bother to check the posts or went into the ANCIENT ones. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same way?? Sorry, it's just the way I feel. :( And I feel better having said this. :eek:

freebiegrl22
04-19-2003, 10:18 AM
No one would intentionally post something that isn't valid or something that has all ready been posted. I think everyone just wants to contribute, and they get so excited about it, they forget to look. I also believe when people are razzed about it, new posters won't post b/c they are so afraid of making a mistake.

Willow
04-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Oh you mean "reposts". LOL I don't think those will ever stop. I've posted a few myself. Not on purpose though. Sometimes when you're doing a search nothing comes up. I think a lot of the newer people that post aren't aware of the search feature and that you're supposed to do a search before posting. I think there are some who do know about it but choose not to do a search for whatever reason. If you go and post something that's already on the first page three times then you obviously didn't do a search. There is a thread that tells us to just ignore the reposts and move on. I haven't seen it bumped for a while though. Sometimes it's good for there to be reposts because someone may have missed it the first time around.

justme23
04-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Well, we can't win, can we? We can't post reposts and so those of us who go searching to make sure it isn't a repost and bump it up, now we shouldn't do that either? I've only done it once and I didn't even bother to see how old the post was... it's still valid, so it didn't matter to me (I've only done this w/ one thread, so I know I'm not the guilty party)... I'm sorry this upsets you, but ppl get reemed SO much about reposts, that others may just have to deal with the bump ups.

hotwheelstx
04-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Personally I don't mind the reposts. Sometimes it's a good thing. If you've sent off for something and have forgotten about it, this will "jog" your memory. Then, you can go back and check. That's if you keep track of what you've sent off for.

Sometimes when you're doing a search nothing will come up. I've done reposts (sorry). It's not intentional.

If it is a repost is it that difficult to just pass it by???? If it's done by someone new they don't know about it and think they've found something great. That makes you feel wonderful to be contributing.

I don't mind them at all. I'll just pass over them if I've done them before w/no response or not interested. Besides, sometimes it scares people away if you say something derogatory.

JMO That's not what this place is for. It's to have fun, share, triumph, overcome, accomplish, excite, whine, brag, let it all hang out.

Keep on posting. I don't mind it at all.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mini
04-19-2003, 01:34 PM
didn't the mods say once before to over look reposts?

Willow
04-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Yes, the mods posted a thread about ignoring the reposts but if it's not on the first page then most likely a lot of the newer people haven't seen it so they don't know that the mods said to igore them.

Kukubaby
04-19-2003, 04:53 PM
It's not so much bumping or reposting that bothers me. It's when people post stuff that they should know is expired if they looked at the dates or bothered to send for it themselves. I think they just want to see how many posts they can "rack" up. Didn't mean to offend anyone. BTW, Happy Easter! :)

nlarson
04-19-2003, 05:03 PM
And what about people who copy and paste whole posts (I'm talking a whole page of stuff, word for word, AND single posts) that someone else but together and not bother to give the op any credit!!! That just p*^#$& me off!!! Very rude...just my opinion!!

Willow
04-19-2003, 05:08 PM
Kukubaby that may very well be true about people wanting to see how many posts they can rack up. I also think some people just like seeing their name. When I first registered here there was one person in particular who used to repost her own posts. LOL She's no longer here. She was banned for doing bad trades I believe.

ckerr4
04-19-2003, 05:21 PM
I think I remember who you're talking about Luna, although I can't remember her name. A bunch of bad trades...lol

nlarson
04-19-2003, 05:25 PM
I believe they do like seeing their name down the whole list, whatever makes em happy but yes it is ridiculous to see a repost for snowflake stencils in April!!! But hey....she got another post added on! What the heck ever....just my opinion of course!

Willow
04-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Snowflakes in April does seem a little silly. LOL

ckerr4 I was trying to remember her name too and I can't.

julie_angel
04-19-2003, 10:46 PM
I don't mind reposts, it just annoys me when you see something right threre on the front page, and someone can't even look there and see it, they go ahead and post it anyway! I usually will reply to the thread that was started first, just to bump it up because it annoys me so much! And as far as cutting and pasting whole pages and taking credit for it, don't even get me started! I have cut and pasted single things, so I am guilty. I usually always try to give credit, or I put "borrowed" on it. kuku, I sure know what you mean. I hope all of that made sense to you. I am really tired. I know I know what I meant though LOL!

And Zitra, I love all of your posts, girl!