PDA

View Full Version : stupid new hire at work

Ghetto_Gurl
04-18-2003, 09:27 PM
ok this is how i EXPECTED my day to go, get up at 8am take larry to work drop aj off at my friends go to PO mail package be at work by 10 have a SLOW day cuz it was good friday and all, get off at 4 pick aj up talk to friend for a bit, go get larry, come home get shower go to amll take aj to see da bunny, grab some grub, come home and CHILL.

so how did this go awry(if that word is spelt wrong blame julie girl :p ) you ask?????

OK was all fine and dandy til about 11:30 am, i thought i would have the nicely planned day that i had envisioned when i awoke. then it happened. people swarmed KFC as if it was the last meal they would ever eat(bunch of heathens i tell you!) and the other person i was working with gets all pissy when i make calls[not phone calls cooking and prep calls](keep in mind i have the same dam title he has but i'm better at it, i honestly am if you knew this guy would agree 100%), therefore i kept running out of things and the ravenous peeps got pissy and i swear some of them looked as if they were about to shoot flames from their eyes at me :eek: . the idiot that gets pissy didnt help me out at all, hell i couldnt even go pee :mad: . then about 3:20 i get this call from Nate a new hire who has been there oh about 2 weeks and has only worked like 5 shifts. anyhoo this guy says he has a family emergency, how convient for a FRIDAY, and needs to call off. gee thanks for the notice jagoff you start in 40 minutes no way in hell i can find a replacement.

what did i do you ask??

i had to leave work at 4 go get aj then pick up larry and GO BACK TO WORK. sure i could have said f*ck it im not the RGM but poor guy hasnt had a day off in so long i couldnt call him in. We had someone from another store who was supposed to be the manager on duty so i didnt want to screw them over, maybe im too nice, dunno. we got SLAMMED all night, hell even after the mall lady makes the announcement "the time is now 9:30 and century 3 mall is now closed" peeps STILL tried to get me do wait on them...ummmmmmmmm HELLO im so dam tired go home and cook for yourself im CLOSED!!! to make matters worse i have to double tomorrow, god i can just see it now how much that is gonna royally suck, and i cant sleep! WTF!!!!!

ahippiechic
04-18-2003, 09:43 PM
{{{GG}}}

mlayton1994
04-19-2003, 07:32 AM
(((GG))) Hope your have a great day today.

mrs.john
04-19-2003, 08:46 AM
I worked at KFC for 2 years. People don't understand that chicken can't cook in 3 minutes, unless they want breaded raw chicken.
Hope today goes better for you. :)

schsa
04-19-2003, 09:23 AM
I hope your new hire doesn't have a job the next time he walks in the door. Obviously he doesn't need the job.

My heart goes out to you. Working with the public can be such a PIA.

freebiegrl22
04-19-2003, 10:23 AM
I know exactly how you feel. Keep your head up (and give the kid the boot) This is the real world of retail and bam, he did a cardinal sin of retail. You should NEVER call in without your own replacement (in my store anyway) That's so wrong, especially on a Friday. It was insane in my store and I only had 2 people there. I needed at least 4....I'm sorry it was a bad day, but AT LEAST ITS OVER!!! Happy Easter!

Cowgirlie_in_Tennessee
04-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Sorry it sucked for you... this is exactly why I quit Blockbuster... I don't want to hijack your thread but basically my store was crap and I couldn't deal with it anymore, so I got a new improved job. :D

I feel for you... long distance luv and hugs from TN just for you! ((((((((((((Alicia))))))))))))))))

Gitty
04-19-2003, 06:22 PM
Hope things went better for you today!!!

1busymomma
04-19-2003, 07:27 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((Ghetto_Gurl)))))))))))))))) ))))))))

Tasha405
04-19-2003, 08:17 PM
{{{{GG}}}}

I'd like an order of the mashed taters & gravy please. Oh and a biscuit. And a Dr. Pepper. :p ;)