PDA

View Full Version : Update on our home situation

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 01:31 PM
{{{{{{Chelle}}}}}} I'm so sorry things are going like this for you right now. Have you talked to any of the places here in Minnesota that are supposed to help people in your situation?

ajksmom
04-18-2003, 01:37 PM
I hope that you can get the money somehow and save your home. No wonder you are so stressed out. We found out in Jan. that our son has ADHD and he is now on meds. and doing alot better, I hope the meds work and help your son. Good Luck.

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Ok I am looking for a phone # that's for a place that can help with lots of different things but they are for the Kanabec county but I am sure they will know a good place for you to call in your county.

This place gives money to buy a car, pay rent, buy food all sorts of things We went throught them once and they were going to help us with rent but we ended up getting it worked out so didn't use them but I am sure they would know somewhere for you to go.

I'll be back with the # in a minute have to find my old phone book

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 01:59 PM
I am sending the Phone # in a PM right now.

Call and talk to them hopefully they got a new secretary cause the old one was a B!%@h but when we talked to a worked they were very nice and very helpful and I know they would know of somewhere in your area that could help you.

mlayton1994
04-18-2003, 02:48 PM
chelle33 have you had any luck yet. If I had it you could borrow it. I am sending you hugs eventhough I can't send money.

sheila_361
04-18-2003, 02:55 PM
((((Chelle))))

ttistin
04-18-2003, 02:55 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you find the money.

Bohemut
04-18-2003, 03:04 PM
((((((((((chelle)))))))))))

I wish there was something I could do to help. I've been faced with a similar situation and was lucky enough to have someone in my family who could help. And I know what it's like trying to cope with somethink like this when you're already depressed. :( I sure hope things get worked out...

Tasha405
04-18-2003, 04:01 PM
{{{chelle33}}} If I could help you, I would. :( I hope you can get something worked out though.

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 06:18 PM
was anyone at the # able to help at all? I think they close at 4:00 or 4:30 so I hope you were able to get ahold of them before they closed.

((((chelle))))

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 07:37 PM
There's got to be something I mean they can't just throw a family on the streets that are willing to work something out it just stinks.

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 08:15 PM
I'm glad your keeping your spirits up in a time like this and I will keep looking around and see what I can find and send to you whatever I think might help. (((Chelle)))

mom4angels
04-19-2003, 05:34 AM
Did you try contacting Red Cross or Salvation Army? I don't know if they will help but it couldn't hurt to try them. I have heard that the Salvation Army does more them just food and clothes so maybe they have an emergency fund for things like this. Have you tried your local churches? I am not trying to be pry but do you have at least half it maybe you could send that half and work out the rest with your mortgage company. Also do have those quick cash places that you can get money from until the next paycheck. Just a thought. I hope that you work things out.

HumblePie98
04-19-2003, 05:55 AM
modestneeds.org

date it in the subject line

I wouldnt mind having an auction for you, maybe a few others could too..... every little bit could help!

Maybe these can help!

Home Buyer Grants - Housing grants and home improvement grants available through US government. This is free government money. Never repay. Results guaranteed.
www.freegovmoney.net

Home Buying Grants - $30,000 Guaranteed - Find home purchase grant money from public and private sources. Use our proprietary databases and directories to locate and qualify for $30,000 - guaranteed. Purchase required.
www.freefedgrants.com

tiffany21
04-19-2003, 11:17 AM
chelle33 I wish I had the money to send it to you. Did you try to call your local hud agenciy they have programs for home owners who need help in paying their payments. I wish I know about it when I had my home.

hope they can help you.
hugs to you.

Cindee
04-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Michelle, I don't know very much about this, because I do not own my own home, but have you checked out this site?http://www.housing.qld.gov.au/building/mortgage_relief.htm Maybe they could help or maybe someone allready listed it. I hope things get better for you. Cindee

xsweetestx
04-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear this..Been there before and its heck..Is your husband a veteran? If he is he might be able to get help threw the veterans..We had to take all our bills and proof of income and have a meeting with them and they go over it all and decide..Just a suggestion...Good Luck

heavenheir
04-19-2003, 07:45 PM
Chelle, I am also wishing I had a way to help out. The best I can do is to pray for your family. My husband and I lost our condo. last year and it was a very difficult thing to do. We now live in an apartment, and it is pretty nice. I ended up selling most of my things to raise enough money to move. It has been nearly a year since we moved and we are still finding it hard to get by. We are both on fixed incomes and keep getting in deeper and deeper because of things like high gas prices; unbelieveable grocery prices, etc. About a month or so ago the car went bad and there was no way to pay for all the repairs it needed, so now we are car-less! Depression and other things makes everything even harder to handle, I KNOW! I'm sorry you guys for rambling on, but one last thing. I love our country but how can the Pres. talk about rebuilding another country when OUR OWN PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE FOR HELP???

mikang
04-19-2003, 11:42 PM
chelle33,
We live in a mobile home also and have it financed with greenpoint, well we're almost three months behind on our payments and they called us yesterday asking for over $800. There is no way we can come up with it and noone in my family has it to loan. Hubby asked for the big guy in charge and ended up talking him into giving us a two month extention. This is the second time we have been behind, but the first time we didn't know to ask for an extention. It's hard when your behind and there is nothing you can do and it's even worse when the bill collectors are calling you every day. My hubby did everything but beg for them to help us out. You might ask them if they could do this for you if you haven't already. I hope things get better for you and good luck! I'll be praying for you and your family.

Angie

rugratsX2
04-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Will his paycheck cover it?? If so, are there any payday advance places near you???
{{{{{{{{{{{{{chelle}}}}}}}}}}}} I have not replied here yet, but I have been following. I really hope something comes through for you.

mikang
04-20-2003, 12:55 AM
chelle33,
Boy, I wish I could give you a quick sollution, but I don't have a clue. I wish things were like they used to be.. where you could trade a chicken for a house payment! lol! My mom got her gas bill in the mail last month and it was almost $400. I called them and asked them what the deal was and they told me that the two bills before this one were estimated and when they read her meter that's how much gas she used! I was irate! I asked them if she could pay it out and the answer was no. She was getting ready to leave for work last Monday and the guy from the gas company was knocking on her door to let her know they were going to cut her gas off if she didn't pay the $$$. The point I'm trying to make is this world has gotten so money hungry that they won't even give you a chance anymore! What happened to helping people out when they are in need? The gas company could have accepted $50 plus her months gas bill for a few months, but no they have to have that good old money right now. Like they are really going to go broke! I wish there was something I could find to help you out. I'm in almost the same boat your in and I know how depressing it is. I think the idea that someone had a few post back about having an auction to raise some money for you is super. I'm willing to help out in that way. I have some things I could auction off for you and if you have a paypal account they can pay you that way or send you a money order. Is anyone else game for this? If so email me and we'll get it started. a_mizell@hotmail.com Lets help our fellow BBS member out!

Angie

rugratsX2
04-20-2003, 01:02 AM
Chelle- Around here there are places, that if you bring your pay stubs, you can cash a personal check there and(for a fee) and they hold it til Friday. That is what I was asking, if you have anything like that near you. Look it up in the phone book.. Around here the biggest one is called "Payday Advance"

chocolatelover
04-20-2003, 04:58 AM
Do you or dh have a credit card? I get credit card checks constantly in the mail for cash advances. You just make it out to yourself, and put it in the bank. I had to do this recently and though you have to pay it off, it will save your home.

chocolatelover
04-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Have you tried http://www.cashadvance.com/
It's only 500.00 but it may help :)

chocolatelover
04-20-2003, 12:03 PM
Another one:
http://www.maxoutloan.com/index3.html

Much Luck :)