04-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ckerr4
enough said.

Not quite....... is it a boy????

They're the WORST!!!!!!

Best of luck and patience to you!

Sunnymoonx
04-18-2003, 12:15 PM
My 2boys were EASIER the my lazy daughter! I am working on nighttime with my youngest and I am DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE with diapers FOREVER!!!!! My olderst is just over 7 years old.. and with no breaks in between .. how many diapers can you go thru in 7 years? OMG I don't even want to think of the money we spent on those things!!!!

cch
04-18-2003, 12:19 PM
My boy was the easiest. He was 2 and once it got warm we sent him outside behind a tree and he LOVED it! Little brat still runs outside to go. My oldest girl got "big girl earrings" once she quit wearing diapers, she was 3. We used a book with a hippo in it, I wish I could remember the name, it had a calendar and stickers and everytime she went on the potty she got a sticker on the calendar and also a certificate to give her at the end. Seemed to work really well.

The best advise I can give is don't try to force your child, when she/he is ready you'll know.

BeesKnees
04-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by cch

The best advise I can give is don't try to force your child, when she/he is ready you'll know.

Oh, my son let me know, but it was not until he was FOUR!!!!!!!

Stubborn little bugger.....and I shed many tears of frustration over it, though not in front of him. ;)

*StarDust*
04-18-2003, 12:25 PM
We did the sticker thing too we baught a Blues Clues Poster since that was the big thing at the time and put it on the fridge whenever he went he got to put a sticker on the poster. Plus Charmin sent us a potty poster and stickers too so we had both of them to use. Worked great couldn't find anything to get Ashton to use the potty until we tried that.

ckerr4
04-18-2003, 12:38 PM
It's a boy. He has been acting like he hates the toilet. He hates the word potty. He hates the potty books, stickers, charts, posters, underwear, pullups, etc. - basically, anything to do with THE MEAN EVIL POTTY!!!

But today, he decided he wanted to sit on the potty. All on his own. SO that's what the little troll is doing. Just sitting on the potty. He doesn't even want me in there with him, lmao, he's just sitting on the potty, talking to himself, rotf! Yep, he's a boy! But if he is finally going to use the potty, I don't care if he stays in there ALL DAY!!! He's almost 4, BTW, so I share your pain BessKnees.

I do have a little pile of wet clothes though:rolleyes:
He doesn't quite have the concept of "go to the potty BEFORE you make your clothes wet" lol

But I'm not too picky - if I can get him out of diapers before he turns 4, I'll deal witha little extra laundry whie he figures it out:D

ahippiechic
04-18-2003, 01:16 PM
LOL, ckerr! Sorry to laugh at ya, but my DD is the same way. She likes to sit on the potty, but hardly ever does anything in it. She's only 2 so I'm not pushing it, but man, I am SO proud when she puts something in there. ;)

ckerr4
04-18-2003, 01:21 PM
okay, now he's taking it too far! I went in there a little while ago, and he was sitting on the potty, flipping through my husband's Stuff magazine!

ROTF, yep, definitely a boy!!

Kelsey1224
04-18-2003, 01:40 PM
I can relate. My grandson (the little genius) is almost three and isn't very interested in that. Now, he knows his alphabet, numbers, has started reading and doing basic math (2+2, etc). He also now knows all his states and capitals...but will he go potty by himself...no. My daughter is a little frustrated.

ckerr4
04-18-2003, 01:56 PM
Yep, Kelsey, that's our situation. The little troll can read, but won't go potty, lol. What to do, what to do. Well, today has been good so far. He's actually sitting on the potty, without me making him. We may get there eventually:D

Kelsey1224
04-18-2003, 02:01 PM
I think I read that Einstein was 5 before he was potty-trained...

ckerr4
04-18-2003, 02:05 PM
ROTF, hmmm, I wonder if the prek will buy that (he's not potty trained yet because...)

I wonder if there's a correlation. And if it only applies to boys.

I potty trained early and easily, according to my mom. I also read early. So we know which half of my genes my son got!!!:D

CAMSmama
04-18-2003, 03:57 PM
My youngest son (I have 4 boys) is being the worst, he was 3 in Feb. and I thought that since he had 3 big brothers and dad to watch, he would be easy... NOT TRUE!!!! he is the same as your son, he thinks anything to do with it is evil, no pullups, undies, potty seats NOTHING!!! it drives me so crazy!!!!! My oldest 3 each taught themselves BEFORE they were even 2, the oldest( now 15 y/o )was only 18 months old when he started taking off his diapers and throwing them at us when he was wet, we knew it was time and it only took about 3 days for him to get the hang of the potty, the other 2 oldest were about the same, just a couple of months older, but my "baby" just isn't interested.:(

mlathroum
04-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Have you tried Cheerios or fruit Loops in the toilet and let him pee on them? That was the only way I could get my older boy to go. HE didn't potty train until he was almost 4. Drove me insane.!!!!!!
I had to bribe him with a beanie baby everytime he went Poo Poo in it. It was they were first out. I now have a huge plastic container of them in my closet.

ckerr4
04-18-2003, 05:37 PM
Well, today actually went much better than I expected. He has embraced pottydom to a degree. The last time, he even took off his own underwear and shorts before he peed. Of course, he didn't make it to the potty, but one thing at a time, right? He's doing much better. I'll se if we can carry the momentum over until tomorrow. He's even wearing underwear - he used to scream if I put them on him!!! What an exhausting day though!

CAMSmama
04-18-2003, 07:13 PM
cheerios and froot loops are actually his 2 favorite cereals. LOL he'd be too busy munching to pee on them! :D

mlathroum
04-18-2003, 07:16 PM
cheerios and froot loops are actually his 2 favorite cereals. LOL he'd be too busy munching to pee on them!

as long as he doesn't pee and then try to pick them out!!EWWWWWWWWWW

tesa
04-18-2003, 07:51 PM
I'm soooooo glad I'm not alone at 3 1/2! He will tell me he has to go after the fact that he already went in his underwear :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CAMSmama
04-19-2003, 11:59 AM
I'd be so happy if mine would even wear the underwear, that I would care less if he peed in them. LOL

OX_Love_OX
04-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Big Bear In The Blue House video for potty training worked for my son!

ckerr4
04-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by CAMSmama
I'd be so happy if mine would even wear the underwear, that I would care less if he peed in them. LOL

Lol, yep, he's not so keen on wearing the underwear today (or underwearshorts, as he calls them). But he did pee, or try to, in the potty, even though it went, well, all wildly in the air instead of in the toilet, lol. I only have one diaper left in the house. WAAAHHH! I don't want to buy anymore!

cpbaby
04-19-2003, 03:58 PM
So dont. I hid all the diapers during the night one night and told my kids the "Diaper Fairy" took them away and now they HAD to wear big boy underwear. Was probably mean, but I did it and they dont seem to be scarred or anything.

CAMSmama
04-20-2003, 04:06 PM
I tried not buying diapers,even let him pick out his own "unnywears" (3 packs, since he couldn't decide which ones he liked best)but he held it and held it and ended up getting a urinary tract infection, so I kind of had to go back to the diapers, the doc said not to push him, but but dang it, the kid can hold a conversation, says his ABC's, counts to 15, knows colors, shapes, opposites, etc but REFUSES to potty!!!(in anything but a diaper that is) I know he isn't afraid of the toilet, he loves to flush it as often as possible:rolleyes: sometimes he floats his boats in it, (thankfully they are too big to go down when he flushes), he LOVES the toilet as long as he doesn't have to potty in it.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: kids, ya gotta love 'em!!