PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't gonna say anything BUT.....

sea-shell
04-17-2003, 04:27 PM
I don't think people realize how they hurt someones feeling when they post how disappointed they are in their exchange gifts. :(

I never even received mine :(

Shancopp
04-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Sorry, ********....did everyone mail to the person who was supposed to mail to them? If so, at least you know who the deadbeat was. Did anyone ever compile a list of bad exchangers? Think we need one! Again, I'm sorry!

ladybugbhb
04-17-2003, 04:46 PM
(((((sorry)))))
i did not do this and this is one of the reasons.

JoanieV2
04-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Someone had started one, but couldn't post it as the mods felt that it was not right (or something like that). They said that anyone who gets into these exchanges is at their own risk.

Don't worry, you'll get yours ********. It was mailed. She's not a deadbeat. She was just waiting to see if she would get something and not get screwed.

If you look at the other Easter Exchange thread, you'll see that justbeachy did the same thing - held off on sending her end of the exchange 'cause she thought the other person might not send her anything. Well, justbeachy never did get anything, so she was smart.

~MK~
04-17-2003, 05:01 PM
{{{S E A S H E L L}}}

sea-shell
04-17-2003, 05:01 PM
Obviously she feels she did get screwed - I didn't wait to see if my end showed up - I mailed mine out on time.

jaybird
04-17-2003, 05:09 PM
I agree with ladybug. I don't do any of the exchanges because there is so much drama involved. Not counting the organization of the exchange to begin with, but making sure everyone mails out on time, that everyone receives their gifts... And I've seen too many problems and too many disappointments involved with these sort of things over the years. It IS 'at your own risk' and if a person gets involved in any sort of gift exchange, it should be in the spirit of giving, NOT getting.

We have a huge expanse of socio-economic situations here. One person may have worked very hard and scraped together money to put together a package to send out. For another person, $10 may not be anything. Either way, gifts are given in the spirit of giving, to brighten someone's day. It IS very hurtful to know that gift wasn't appreciated or up to someone's standards.

Please, if you all continue to do the exchanges, try to remember the real reason behind giving. And it's not what's coming in the mail to you.

EricsnKy
04-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by jaybird
I agree with ladybug. I don't do any of the exchanges because there is so much drama involved. Not counting the organization of the exchange to begin with, but making sure everyone mails out on time, that everyone receives their gifts... And I've seen too many problems and too many disappointments involved with these sort of things over the years. It IS 'at your own risk' and if a person gets involved in any sort of gift exchange, it should be in the spirit of giving, NOT getting.

We have a huge expanse of socio-economic situations here. One person may have worked very hard and scraped together money to put together a package to send out. For another person, $10 may not be anything. Either way, gifts are given in the spirit of giving, to brighten someone's day. It IS very hurtful to know that gift wasn't appreciated or up to someone's standards.

Please, if you all continue to do the exchanges, try to remember the real reason behind giving. And it's not what's coming in the mail to you.

I agree 110% :D

~MK~
04-17-2003, 05:21 PM
I posted this in the other thread, but I'm going to put it here as well. :mad: This REALLY chaps my behind!!

Ok..I've sat and stewed over this, but I'm adding MTC anyway.

I did NOT sign up for this exchange as it's something I cannot commit to given my situation. That aside, even if I could, this thread gave me another reason not to.

I am very happy for the people that got their ends and were thrilled.

With that being said..

I don't understand how someone could be so HATEFUL and HURTFUL! People take LOTS of time, effort, and money to participate in these things. Most try to find the perfect gift.

If it's not up to your standards, keep your mouth shut. Your partner probably thought it was wonderful and something they themselves would love to receive. Everyone has different tastes.

I cannot IMAGINE having someone come on a public forum and tell everyone that my gift was crap after spending all that effort.

Besides, I thought the point was not what the box contained, but the fact of receiving something in the mail and knowing that people actually DO care. I know I would be thrilled with ANYTHING I got.

Such a shame. :(

{{{HUGS AGAIN TO YOU}}}

sea-shell
04-17-2003, 05:24 PM
I really got my feelings hurt by this. I would have never come on here and posted that my exchange partner never send their end. Its really a shame cause I enjoy the exchanges but I won't do anymore and risk it not being good enough!

I am not looking for sympathy but I actually had tears in my eyes after I ready her post :(

jaybird
04-17-2003, 05:31 PM
********, sweetie, blow it off. You put together as nice a package as you could and sent it off with the best of intentions. If it didn't meet someone's standards, that is out of your control. So be it. I'm sure there would have been dozens here that would have been very happy receiving your gift. It's very hard, when so few of us know each other intimately, to know what a person likes and dislikes, EVEN WITH guidelines. I did the Secret Santa this year, and I loved putting my box together. And I loved sitting and staring at MY package for 2 weeks until I opened it. It really wouldn't have mattered if it were empty.

Try not to let this get to you. Maybe you could random someone once in awhile, if you enjoy the idea of giving, rather than getting involved in the organized exchanges.

((((hugs))))

kelblend
04-17-2003, 05:37 PM
I didn't do the exchange. I've never done one. Glad I haven't!! Geeze!! Ok ******** if I had received your gift of some candles (big or small heehee) you can bet I'd be burning them now!!! I looovveee candles!!! Don't feel bad please!! I think you did just fine!!! ((********))

*StarDust*
04-17-2003, 05:42 PM
{{{{S E A S H E L L}}}} {{{HUGS}}}

tsquared
04-17-2003, 05:56 PM
it takes a SPECIAL PERSON to accept what little they got versus how much they sent out. Sometimes i think it is the little things that go un appreciated cause everybody is so worried about the big things and how good it will make them look. When all it takes to make someones day so special is a SMILE. I am impressed with the amount of love and happiness that is on this board and am always sorry to hear that someone got stiffed. I also know that if a little something is not good enough for certain people then sending them a gold nugget will never be sufficient either...so SMILE and know that tsquared is SMILING back at ya. Sometimes the fun i have is giving secretly and never getting a pat on the back for it cause i know in my heart it made me feel special and if they don't like it........TOUGH PUTATOOTIES!!!!!!!THEY AIN'T GONNA RUIN TSQUAREDS DAY!!!!!!!

tigerskiss1963
04-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Iam sorry to hear that ********
just forget it and move on.
and here is a HUGG

Ladytiger
04-17-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by tsquared
it takes a SPECIAL PERSON to accept what little they got versus how much they sent out. Sometimes i think it is the little things that go un appreciated cause everybody is so worried about the big things and how good it will make them look. When all it takes to make someones day so special is a SMILE. I am impressed with the amount of love and happiness that is on this board and am always sorry to hear that someone got stiffed. I also know that if a little something is not good enough for certain people then sending them a gold nugget will never be sufficient either...so SMILE and know that tsquared is SMILING back at ya. Sometimes the fun i have is giving secretly and never getting a pat on the back for it cause i know in my heart it made me feel special and if they don't like it........TOUGH PUTATOOTIES!!!!!!!THEY AIN'T GONNA RUIN TSQUAREDS DAY!!!!!!!

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :D :D ;)

sea-shell
04-17-2003, 06:13 PM
You guys have been great. I really feel much better now. It wasn't that I didn't get anything yet that upset me its just that what I did send wasn't good enough. Don't you go worrying about me - I'm just fine. Thank you all!

Ladytiger
04-17-2003, 06:17 PM
S ea shell..what person wouldn't be happy?? Just the thought that you sent something, means that you had that person in mind. There is an obligation of sorts, yes, but they shouldn't just feel that it is owed to them. My friends send me things occassionally "just because"-it is such a wonderful feeling to get "sunshine" in my mailbox from time to time. I just feel bad because right now, I just can't do the same for others (I am recuuperating from being very sick). So just smile to yourself, know that you sent whatever you did with the best intentions and don't let it get to you.
{{{{{{{{Seashel l}}}}}

tigerskiss1963
04-17-2003, 06:17 PM
i allways happy with what i get.
i love you all

scifiwoman
04-17-2003, 07:41 PM
what happened to manners? I would never think of telling someone what they gave me wasnt good enough. :eek: You just say thank you. You should be grateful someone wanted to give you something to start with. JMO.

btw.. why is s ea she ll starred out? lol ********

callsheb
04-17-2003, 07:47 PM
******** at least you sent your gift some signed up and did not send anything at all so maybe next time that person should get one of those names. It is not the amount or how much you get it is the thought that counts and that person should be lucky they got anything at all and from someone who cares like you do. ((((HUGS)))) to you.

flute
04-17-2003, 07:53 PM
And I loved sitting and staring at MY package for 2 weeks until I opened it. It really wouldn't have mattered if it were empty.

uhhh I thought that was TORTURE for you? Or was it a good kinda torture?? ;)

denisemm
04-17-2003, 08:18 PM
wow, really somebody b1tched about what they got? RUDE!

ahippiechic
04-17-2003, 08:23 PM
I don't know what you sent your exchange person, but her posting that was really rude. "Thanx for thinking of me" or even just "I got mine" would have been better.

Wimzik
04-17-2003, 08:55 PM
(((((s e a s h e l l)))))

okie
04-17-2003, 08:57 PM
{{{{{********}}}}
How rude can people get to actually complain about a gift.

dobiesnj
04-17-2003, 09:05 PM
We have a huge expanse of socio-economic situations here. One person may have worked very hard and scraped together money to put together a package to send out. For another person, $10 may not be anything.

I have wanted to participate in some of the exchanges, but I haven't been able to due to financial constraints. For me, $10 is a lot of money, sad to say. But the idea is the spirit of the exchange and I guess there are some folks who just don't get it. It's a shame.

GAWildKat
04-18-2003, 03:58 AM
I just signed up for Flower's Friend's gift exchange. I hope it's not a disaster. I agree that a gift is bout love and caring about a person, not about the value of gifts. I don't plan to spend alot of money, nor do I plan for the other person to do so as well. I lived on a fixed income but I want to take time to do some gift exchanges and buy little things for ppl. And I can always use a pick me up of gifts as well:)

ldavern
04-18-2003, 04:12 AM
There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said before,, It was just plain down right rude,, I would of loved any gift you had sent..unless it was like an empty 6 pack of molson or a half eaten box of candy :D :D :D ..Then I'd be upset.;) Look at the crappy stuff my secretpal sends me and I still say Thank-you...:D :D :D :D :D Sorry couldn't help myself :D :D I love the stuff she sends me,,and even if she didn't send something,,she's always a joy to talk too..:) So I hope everyone has made you feel better and don't let one person ruin it for you:) :)

katzenberg
04-18-2003, 09:56 AM
thats really sad that people dothat to others.i would just let it goits not worth being mad over

angelinwaiting
04-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ladybugbhb
(((((sorry)))))
i did not do this and this is one of the reasons.

me too:(

redrig
04-18-2003, 10:25 AM

YOU SAID IT!!!!

justbeachy
04-18-2003, 11:27 AM
{{{s e a s h e l l}}} I'm really sorry this happened to you, again I thought she was inferring that her package was damaged not that she didn't like it. I hope your package turns up soon. :)

joesbaby
04-18-2003, 12:25 PM
i like to hear waht all everyone got..i dont get in the exchanges because i dont really know anyone, and i dont want to seem like an outsider breaking in..but i have seen ********s made candles..and i personaly think its a cool thing..i try to do it..but i bet hers are a zillion times better than mine..and i personally think that id rather have a gift that someone tried to make me and took the time to do themselves..i have lots of respect for folks who are crafty ..im not..and i always wish i could make up cool gift baskets..and crafts..just my opinon..

MrsSpeed
04-18-2003, 12:28 PM
((((s e a s h e l l))))

ttistin
04-18-2003, 12:49 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} I didnt read the post you guys are talking about but I cant belive someone would say they didnt like what you sent them. Like others have said, that is rude.

I bet santa will leave them a big ol pile of cole this year.

Shancopp
04-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Joesbaby....feel free to join...ya don't have to be "crafty!" Goodness knows I'm not! It just fun picking out a few goodies for someone, hoping they will like them. I thought she was complaining about her items being broken or damaged, didn't realize she "didn't think it was enough" I have won some of Sea shell's candle auction and woohoo! That'd be a wonderful gift IMO!! (((Sea shell))) and welcome to bbs Joesbaby!

midniteblu2
04-18-2003, 06:11 PM
Well I sent mine out & it was received. I never got mine though. Oh well...what can you do other than stop joining anymore exchanges.
I got screwed out of the St Patty's Day Exchange so after the Hubby Exchange, I am done with them.
Happy Easter To All!

MsLynn
04-19-2003, 10:23 AM
same here after i got screwed in the birthday lists, where they lied about their birthday to make sure they were first on the list, then posted the things she got on the FSOT board, i gave up on them.

Magoo
04-19-2003, 09:00 PM
:( {{{********}}}

I am sorry you were hurt in this situation. Sometimes People dont' think before they speak.

Have a Wonderful Easter. Don't let this get you down.

Ashlee
04-19-2003, 09:36 PM
I didnt see the post either I dont guess, did the person who was supposedly "rude" (I havent seen it) explain exactly what she was talking about! MAybe she didnt mean it that way???

Just trying to bring a positive note!!

reneep45
04-20-2003, 01:41 AM
i looked & looked ,,,,, i found it , i'm totaly floored !
did you send her a box of dog **** ?i'm sure not !!!!!!!! lmao !!!!!!!!!!
a gift is a gift !!!!!!!! don't compare , god ,, it's free !!!!!!!
couldn't be worse than getting nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

midniteblu2
04-20-2003, 07:25 AM
Excuse me but can you please explain to me how this was free? Since she joined the exchange & did buy & send her part of the exchange, she most likely spent $20 on the gift plus $5 to mail it so it is hardly a freebie. (She has her right to be upset but I do not agree with her if she blames B-fly. This was not her fault. I think she is to be congratulated for taking on such a task.)
I spent close to $30 for my part of the exchange & have yet to receive anything back. Same went for the St Pattys one.
I do feel bad but I am not bitter & I blame no one excpet whoever had me. Guess they did not like or want me, who knows.
I am just finished doing anymore exchanges.
Happy Easter!

Alexandria
04-20-2003, 09:55 AM
It's so sad to see how many ungrateful people are out there. I didn't know about these exchanges and therefore didn't take part. I'm not sure I would have if I had known about them - especially considering everything that is going on in the world today. A gift is just that .. a gift. I can understand being disappointed because I've received many gifts that were "not up to my standards" .. but you know .. most of them became special reminders of the person who sent them. I have a terribly gaudy clock that an internet friend sent me. When I received it I was terribly let down but I still have that clock and every time I see it I think of that person. The fact that they cared enough about you to send something should be enough. Buy the things you really want yourself .. don't wait for someone else to give them to you.