PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know, I know

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 06:39 AM
Don't need advice, just to gripe

Aunt Flo is about 7 days late. I had my tubes tied just over 4 years ago(january 12, 1999--my dots b-day--- to be exact)

I don't have medical insurance (it costs too much at hubby's work, and of course I am a stay at home mom, so I don't have a job that would offer insurance)

Hubby said if I am preggers, it isn't his (he was being smart), I said wait a minute, I was the one fixed not you, so don't even go there

If I am preggers, it scares the bageebers out of me, because pregnancy after tubal ligation is extremely high risk for tubal pregnancy.

We really didn't want anymore kids, that is why I had my tubes tied
(but I will love just the same if it happens)

If I am not, and aunt flo does arrive, I am going to have a really tough time (when I am late a few days--usually no more than 3, I have cramps and such sooooo bad, if I am not late, I don't have cramps)

I have never missed a period, other than when I am preggers.(and that has only happened twice)

this is the longest so far I have ever been late.

I don't get morning sickness with pregnancy, so the only way I am going to find out, is wait a few more days, and see if aunt flo makes a visit, or go get a pregnancy test (I have been a little tired lately, but don't think much about that, cause I have been staying up late-- haven't had any tenderness or any other symptoms like the hot flashes I had with son)

grrrrrr, I hate going through all these nice womanly things sometimes

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:02 AM
:(

Tubals aren't always 100%. I remember when I found out I was Preggers with Caely. I was NOT a happy camper. Keidy was only 5 weeks old. But you know what? I wouldn't trade her for anything. Sometimes life throws those little curves and you don't know you want it until it's here. :)

Good luck on whatever you want to happen.:)

wingsfan
04-17-2003, 07:03 AM
{{{{taybai}}}}

Angelseyes28
04-17-2003, 07:06 AM
Don't worry just yet. I had my tubes tied in 98 and I have been late on several occasions.....heck there have been times that I have been early too which sucks lol. For me to be around 7 days early to 7 days late is not uncommon lol. Just hang in there:)

morris2b
04-17-2003, 07:08 AM
If Aunt Flo never ever came to see me again I would not miss her one bit......She is mean wicked and evil and I wish for her to just stay away FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I would wait a couple more days maybe you have been stressed and some things have changed in your life in the past few weeks that has her not making an appearance, I think once we get older if we change the way we wipe it makes her late or makes her early :rolleyes: AUNT FLO GO AWAY :p

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:10 AM
OMG..LMAO.

What happens if you just QUIT wiping?? :eek:

GROSS LMAO

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:16 AM
It's a good thing I wrote it down last month, or I wouldn't even know I was late,lol (I normally don't) I am not very worried yet, either way,I will count my blessings. I am just not looking forward to aunt flo, if she does make an appearance, hubby thinks she is just around the corner, cause he said he knows my moods, and I have been in a PMS one lately (he didn't say pms, he used the B word, lol)
The only thing that worries me(and is always in the back of my mind) is the statistics for tubal pregnancy after tubal ligation, but if I were preggers, and it wasn't a tubal, I wouldn't have a problem with having another child, just wasn't expecting to have anymore. Lol, not part of our plans.

thank you all for making me feel better. Think I am going to just wait it out, and see what happens. If it isn't here by monday, might go to the Health department and get the test done (if I don't buy one at Wally World first)

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Can I come wait outside your bathroom door while you pee on the stick?? Make you even MORE nervous, while yelling is it positive yet over and over? :eek:;)

LMAO. J/k ;)

MommyG3
04-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Hmmm, I would get a home pregnancy test. If it comes out positive, go to the dr. or take another tomorrow...just to be sure.

Tubals aren't always 100%. MK is right.

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Machande_Kennels
Can I come wait outside your bathroom door while you pee on the stick?? Make you even MORE nervous? :eek:

LMAO. J/k ;)

Lol, you are too funny

actually, not nervous, just want to get it over with (more irritated that she hasn't been yet-- specially with it being Easter weekend, and she will prob show up right in the middle of it, and I won't feel like doing anything with the kids)

I think hubby would take it harder if I were than I would, (he gets upset at the smallest things sometimes) He should have known better darn it, I come from a very fertile family, my mom had 11 of us, and my grandmother on my dad's side had 11 also.(I am not planning on trying to compete with them,lol) so if he can't deal with it, too bad, pooh on him, lol

schsa
04-17-2003, 07:27 AM
And when you get to my age, it comes and goes as it pleases and finally your doctor puts you on female hormone replacement therapy and you never see Aunt Flo again. Anyone need some unopened boxes of Tampons??

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:28 AM
LOL

Just don't wear white!! :eek:

You know..I know someone who planned their WHOLE wedding around Aunt Flo. Well it came EARLY, and it left a HUGE spot on the back of her dress.

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by schsa
And when you get to my age, it comes and goes as it pleases and finally your doctor puts you on female hormone replacement therapy and you never see Aunt Flo again. Anyone need some unopened boxes of Tampons??

OHH!! ME!! ME!! ME!!! LOL

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:29 AM
LOL

Just don't wear white!! :eek:

You know..I know someone who planned their WHOLE wedding around Aunt Flo. Well it came EARLY, and it left a HUGE spot on the back of her dress.

See, that just goes to prove Aunt flo is a mean evil woman

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by schsa

Not yet, lol, I'll let you know, sounds like MK needs them worse than me right now, lol

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:32 AM
It always comes around even if not scheduled on things like Valentines Day, anniversaries, mitzvah's, trips to McDonald's...:D

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by taybai
Not yet, lol, I'll let you know, sounds like MK needs them worse than me right now, lol

Omg..I do. LMAO

I'm fixin' to start.:mad:

It should be here Saturday..Keidy's birthday no less.

See previous post. :rolleyes:

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:33 AM
It always comes around even if not scheduled on things like Valentines Day, anniversaries, mitzvah's, trips to McDonald's...:D
I had a friend in High School, no lie, that had finished up her period a week before prom, and come Prom night she started again

MsLynn
04-17-2003, 07:34 AM
i had my tubes tied in 2000 after my 3rd son. and aunt flo came but was SUPER LIGHT, with is just not right for me, lol. and my breasts are soooooooo tender and have been for a month,and normally that goes away right after i start, but this month it was like 1 1/2 days and SUPER LIGHT. so we'll see

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Kissmslynn..would you like me to come stand outside your bathroom door too? :D

Just wear white and go in public. You'll start right up, very heavy. GUARANTEED! LOL

rain_cries
04-17-2003, 07:38 AM
Just went through a scare myself and totally empathize with you! Aunt Flo finally came though... I wish you the best either way!

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:41 AM

Just wear white and go in public. You'll start right up, very heavy. GUARANTEED! LOL

I honestly think Easter will be my trigger, that is just my luck.

I haven't had anymore stress than usual (less infact, didn't have the kid I watch this week, so my kids haven't been fighting as much) Lol, maybe that's it, I need more stress.

rain_cries
04-17-2003, 07:43 AM
Either wear white as suggested or plan a totally romantic evening with your dh...

~MK~
04-17-2003, 07:47 AM
Ok..I'll send you ALL four of mine. :D

Quent can constantly yell your house is on fire and he'll get the "fire" out with your kitchen sink sprayer..

Aubee can scream because it takes you 20 minutes to figure out what she's saying..

Keidy can follow you around all day yelling CAAAARE BEEEEEEAR and I'm TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Then when you tell her to go to the bathroom and potty, she'll poop on the floor and pick it up with your GUEST washcloths, all because you didn't specify please potty IN THE TOILET. :rolleyes:

And Caely is just plain cranky..not to mention nosy and crawly. LOL

*Sigh* It's not even 10 yet either. LOL

Is that enough for you? What time will you be picking them up?

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 07:52 AM
Ok..I'll send you ALL four of mine. :D

Quent can constantly yell your house is on fire and he'll get the "fire" out with your kitchen sink sprayer..

Aubee can scream because it takes you 20 minutes to figure out what she's saying..

Keidy can follow you around all day yelling CAAAARE BEEEEEEAR and I'm TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Then when you tell her to go to the bathroom and potty, she'll poop on the floor and pick it up with your GUEST washcloths, all because you didn't specify please potty IN THE TOILET. :rolleyes:

And Caely is just plain cranky..not to mention nosy and crawly. LOL

*Sigh* It's not even 10 yet either. LOL

Is that enough for you? What time will you be picking them up?

LOL poor MK I don't need that much stress. just the argueing. the little boy I usually watch loves to aggravate my dot and get her to crying(they are both 4 and only 2 months apart) he is gone this week. but my son was on spring break last week, and I was extremely stressed(too much fighting, all 3 of them)). Hey that might have been my prob, all the stress I went through last week threw my cycle outta wack. never even thought about it.

MsLynn
04-17-2003, 08:20 AM
well be sure to keep us updated. we wanna know, we're a.......errr.....curious, yeah thats it.

hadda think of a better word for JUST PLAIN NOSEY, hehehe

mlathroum
04-17-2003, 08:32 AM
Either wear white as suggested or plan a totally romantic evening with your dh...

I am planning a romantic weekend in Sept for our 10th anniv. We are heading to the Poconos. My parents will have my 2 "angels". If Aunt Flo shows up I don't think Hubby will be very "happy" to say the least. We are getting the room with the pool and heart shaped tub in it.

rain_cries
04-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Ohhhh.... which resort are you staying at? My dh and I go to Cove Haven and we live only 10 minutes away from there. Have you been before? DH and I are forever lovers and if and DH aren't and are planning a weekday stay (Sun-Thurs) let me know and I'll send you the 10% discount card. :) (It is good at all 4 pocono resorts - Cove Haven, Paradise Stream, Brookdale and I can't remember the other one....)

bruiser
04-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Taybai
I just got my tubes tied for the SECOND time two weeks ago.
I got pg just over a year after getting them done the first time. So, it is a possbility of course, but mine wasn't a tubal pg, if that makes you feel any better. It scared me too, since as soon as the pessimistic Dr at the clinic got my positive result back, he told me to go right away to my OB/GYN and make sure it wasnt a tubal.
Hope everything turns out how you want it too! Keep us posted :)

Quaker_Parrots
04-17-2003, 12:20 PM
I will. I am sure everything will be ok (I tend to be a worrier anyway) just have to wait and see.

I just found a disturbing website about Tubal Ligation side effects, sad thing is, I have a few(but not all) of the symptoms. here is that site

http://tubal.org/

Sunee
04-17-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bruiser

I just got my tubes tied for the SECOND time two weeks ago.
I got pg just over a year after getting them done the first time.

:eek: Your scaring me

(((((Taybia))))))

tina z
04-17-2003, 01:50 PM
(((((((taybai))))))))

sheila_361
04-17-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm proof as well that you can get preggers after a tubal. I had mine tied in 85 and in 96 I became preggo twice, miscarried both the dr.s weren't sure if they were tubal pregnancies. With the first I was 13 days late and with the second I was only a day late and did the home test and it was positive. The dr. refused to re-tie mine. (Military dr.s)

dobiesnj
04-17-2003, 04:08 PM
I had my tubes cauterized (not just tied) in '88 after my son was born. Never had a problem, except for very heavy periods, which were normal for me anyway. Best thing I ever did for myself was get the old uterus yanked 2 years ago. Still have the ovaries so I'll go through regular menopause eventually (sooner than I want LOL), but not having a period RULES!!!!!! :D

morris2b
04-18-2003, 03:44 AM
http://tampax.com/en_us/pages/perd_calc.shtml?pageid=gn0001&refMth=1&refDay=22&refYear=2003&duration=06&cyclus=27

Here ladies is a period predictor.............I have a human predictor he tells me what day I am starting and what day it will end :eek: and he is always right, I think he just jinxes me :rolleyes:

Quaker_Parrots
04-18-2003, 05:08 AM
if the cheapy test I took is right (I got it for $1 at the dollar store) I am not preggers. guess Aunt Flo is just playing games and being her mean vindictive self. If anything changes, I will let you know

Quaker_Parrots
04-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Still no Aunt Flo, and can't get tested at Health Department til Thursday

MommyG3
04-21-2003, 07:11 AM
You are not alone. Course, Aunt Flo has been rather unpredictable for the past year anyway. I kinda hope dr. does another pregers test Wednesday, cause I have the surgery Friday. :( Hopefully, Aunt Flo ain't here due to stress.

ntgsmommy
04-21-2003, 07:24 AM
Aunt Flo will probably visit all the woman on here now, because we are all talking about it. I swear, it happens to me all the time, so I am just gonna pretend I didn't even read this!~ keep us informed though!

MommyG3
04-21-2003, 07:27 AM
I hope to God she comes and leaves before Friday. I don't want to put the surgery off any longer.